Gatecon: The Homecoming

EMTP513

Re: Gatecon: The Homecoming

Post by EMTP513 »

Macphoenix wrote:
frenchwriter wrote:Perhaps can you see my precious stamp from RDA...
Very proud to have mine.

And some pictures from my "too much ancien" phone, unfortunately (bad quality)

beautiful! thank you :D :D :D
See I really am "always being a paramedic first." My daughter said that once when she was 16 because I can't help notice things and in this case wonder what he did to his arm. Then think 'He shouldn't be holding a drink in that hand, should he?'
I broke my hand once and did it so bad that holding anything was impossible and it took me 9 weeks after they removed the cast just to be able to bend my fingers again. It was the worst break the doctor ever saw, he claims, although I find that hard to believe since it was a closed (not open) fracture. The bone cracked all the way down the shaft from one side to the opposite end. I saw the x-ray; and they were going to insist that I go home withOUT an x-ray. I told them I wouldn't leave until I got one because deep inside I knew it was broken. It's true that the patient can know it's broken before the doctor can tell. Before it happened to me I was a skeptic about it. Not anymore.
I also worry about him riding a motorcycle from one side of the country to the other. I can't help it. I've been a paramedic for 9 years and worked in Emergency medicine for 25 years. I started as an EMT-Basic, became EMT-D (I used the paddles to cardiovert patients, to help them get a heartbeat after cardiac arrest) and ECG Technician, then EMT-Intermediate and finally EMT-P (paramedic). So after all those years it's hard NOT to wonder about such things. I just hope he wears a helmet. We treat a patient constantly who never wears a helmet and is frequently having accidents on his motorcycle but he won't listen to a word we say when we suggest wearing a helmet. He thinks good luck is going to be on his side forever. Just bc so far he's had the weirdest string of good luck I've ever seen doesn't mean it's going to last forever.
Well anyway I hope RDA wears a helmet. Motorcycle accidents are way more intense than car crashes. When I read that interview he did with a French journalist, where he said he was going to ride his motorcycle to visit his daughter, I said a silent prayer of safety for him. :)
Caty

Post by Caty »

EMTP have you ever looked through The photo gallery?
RDA wears a helmet! Sure he does!
Take your time to read those articles about him, the News and the updates and you'll learn a lot about him. He's not only nice to look at (OMG that sounds so pathetic, sorry), but responsible and someone you can look up to.
I don't know if i could make my thoughts clear?
It's 2 a.m., the middle of the night and only a hungry cat chased me out of my warm and comfy bed
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

EMTP, if you read the Updates, you'll see what he did to his arm (elbow, wrist, ribs, head...). If you check the pictures in the Updates and Gallery, you'll see that he does wear a helmet. If you reread the article from France in the Archives, you'll see that he never said that he plans to ride his motorcycle across the country to Boston. He does mention taking road trips up the California coast, however, which he has been doing for years. Again, pictures are in the Gallery and in the Updates.

Kate
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Heltihes for posting these AMAZING, FANTASTIC Rick pictures from Gatecon. He looks awesome, and really handsome and attractive. Thanks again for the very interesting links.
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

Caty wrote:EMTP have you ever looked through The photo gallery?
RDA wears a helmet! Sure he does!
Take your time to read those articles about him, the News and the updates and you'll learn a lot about him. He's not only nice to look at (OMG that sounds so pathetic, sorry), but responsible and someone you can look up to.
I don't know if i could make my thoughts clear?
It's 2 a.m., the middle of the night and only a hungry cat chased me out of my warm and comfy bed
Aww, you have a kitty? I haven't been able to look all through it yet. So no.
I just wish that they had a Likes system, like Stephen King's web site. If you like what someone posts you can click a little thumb-up for liking it. I'm still trying to get used to it not being here. I guess I'll just have to say so; I like it.
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

There's an awful lot of photos in there. :) I live with someone who's a professional photographer. In fact he does the photos that Actors use before they get work. Something like that. I don't really understand what he does in that department. I know that one time he took pictures of a guy's dog and the guy wanted the dog to do all these different things, like in one photo he was on a surfboard with sunglasses. I was sitting there wondering why someone would pay to have pictures of his dog in all these different poses but I wasn't supposed to say anything, just watched while Richard took all the photos.
He liked the Promo & Public photos of Richard Dean Anderson. I don't know the difference (between Public and Promo) but what the hell, I decided not to ask him yet. I ask him so many questions about his work he must be exhausted from it.
Caty

Post by Caty »

Maybe I'm a little dumb, but I don't understand the whole meaning of your post.
To whom do you refer?
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)