Gatecon: The Homecoming

Firefly74

Re: Gatecon: The Homecoming

Post by Firefly74 »

I'm looking forward to this con, too!
Vancouver is a wonderful city.
I've been there 3 times now. 2008, 2010 and 2014. I usually try to combine conventions with vacations. And I'm definitely trying again this time.
The fact that Amanda and Michael are announced just reminds me of the hilarious trio panel at Fedcon 2014. I hope Gatecon will be just as funny. ;)
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

It would be amazing if Christopher came.

I found my list of "things to do in Vancouver" from 2010. There are eight things that were not crossed off (one was a drive up to Whistler). I'm thinking about going up there on the 3rd or the 4th. Plotting.....
If you can't say anything nice.....

cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

In case I'll get those days off work, can I ask you what your list includes?
Claudia
pumuckl

Post by pumuckl »

Hello everybody,
it's nice that a lot can travel to the event Homecoming.I wish you much fun....
For me it is unfortunately not possible. I am managing a day care for children between 4 and 13 years. After the summer holidays in August, the new school year starts, we have many new children.
It has always been a dream of mine to Canada, Vancouver but not every dream can come true. :cry:
I hope I have the chance, to visiting Vancouver later :)
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

cmbj67 wrote:In case I'll get those days off work, can I ask you what your list includes?
Stanley Park
Capilano Suspension Bridge
Grouse Mountain
Vancouver Art Gallery
Granville Island
Whale watching
Victoria Island
Butchard Gardens
Sea plane flight from Victoria to Vancouver
Drive up to Whistler
(to name a few)
If you can't say anything nice.....

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I was remembering another funny incident from the very first Gatecon in 2000. Since it was a gathering of fans who had mostly met online beforehand, there were a number of activities designed for fans to get to know each other in person once they arrived. One of the fans, who used the ID "Sekh" after the Egyptian goddess, decided she wanted to throw a party at a restaurant downtown. Many fans signed up to go to her party, but the story goes that one fan arrived at the restaurant and asked how to find "Sekh's Party." Now, think about how that sounds when you say it out loud. The bewildered employee asked, "You want to find WHAT kind of a party??" :lol:

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

That is so funny - :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B
Firefly74

Post by Firefly74 »

:lol:
Lovely memory, Kate!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote:I was remembering another funny incident from the very first Gatecon in 2000. Since it was a gathering of fans who had mostly met online beforehand, there were a number of activities designed for fans to get to know each other in person once they arrived. One of the fans, who used the ID "Sekh" after the Egyptian goddess, decided she wanted to throw a party at a restaurant downtown. Many fans signed up to go to her party, but the story goes that one fan arrived at the restaurant and asked how to find "Sekh's Party." Now, think about how that sounds when you say it out loud. The bewildered employee asked, "You want to find WHAT kind of a party??" :lol:

Kate
:D :D This reminds me of a commercial we had on tv about a certain non-alcoholic beverage and Uma Thurman (the heavenly body according to Jack):"you mean...right?"
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Funny anecdote Kate, thank.

Sometimes we don't pay enough attention.
Sometimes the others have an evil spirit ... but for laugh of course...pleasing... :D