Gatecon: The Homecoming

MistressofVenus

Re: Gatecon: The Homecoming

Post by MistressofVenus »

I was VERY lucky to snag 2 tickets to the Gatecon, one for me and one for my Dad, cuz I didn't even know about the Gatecon until 2 days after the tickets went on sale. The whole thing is a fantastic surprise and I am SO thrilled to be going back to the gorgeous city of Vancouver. I've only been to one prior Gatecon and that was in 2008...what an amazing time!

I'm happy that I registered to this forum so maybe by the time September 2016 rolls around I'll have made a bunch of friends on here so we can meet up. Meeting Rick in 2008 was so memorable and I remember just shaking my head while waiting in line to get my photo op with him, thinking to myself, "Sheesh, the stories about him really are true!". Meaning, he takes his time with each fan and makes us feel so special. I've had great experiences with other Sci-Fi actors at a few other cons, but Rick truly puts everything he is into meeting his fans.

I also hope that Chris Judge will sign on later so we can have the original foursome...that would be ah-maz-ing! Having Ben and Claudia would rock, too. We'll have to see how the dice rolls!

-Kacee Leigh :)
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

MistressofVenus wrote:........
I'm happy that I registered to this forum so maybe by the time September 2016 rolls around I'll have made a bunch of friends on here so we can meet up. ....

Hi Kacee, welcome to the forum.

I didn't discover this wonderful site until July 2009. I met a lot of nice people through here including two ladies who I now consider my best friends. I'm going to Gatecon so I guess I'll see you there.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum "family". We're a little wacky, but in a good way.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Caty

Post by Caty »

PamK1950 wrote:
MistressofVenus wrote:........
I'm happy that I registered to this forum so maybe by the time September 2016 rolls around I'll have made a bunch of friends on here so we can meet up. ....

Hi Kacee, welcome to the forum.

I didn't discover this wonderful site until July 2009. I met a lot of nice people through here including two ladies who I now consider my best friends. I'm going to Gatecon so I guess I'll see you there.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum "family". We're a little wacky, but in a good way.
A warm welcome from me, too, MistressofVenus :-)
What a cool name.

... and yes, we're a little wacky, but who cares? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
pumuckl

Post by pumuckl »

Hello everybody,
in September I'd like to go to the homecoming in Vancouver, the ticket I already have.
I myself have never been to Canada. Where some of you at one of the last homecomings, has traveled from Switzerland to them?
I would be glad to have some help with planning, for example, that there are good hotels, as best fly (Route) what is there to look at everything?
You also can feel free to send a PM to me.
Thank you for your help and greetings from Switzerland. :)
grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

I just see on Twitter that Amanda and Michael will not attend at Gatecon anymore :? Sad news :(
LadyAmmonet 13

Post by LadyAmmonet 13 »

I purchased my ticket for Gatecon too. This will be the third time I get to see him.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

For those who have never been to Vancouver, here's a website for some tourist information that may be of some help.

www.tourismvancouver.com/

This is just one website for tourist information. Google "Vancouver tourist information" to get more sites
If you can't say anything nice.....

pumuckl

Post by pumuckl »

Hello PamK1950,
thank you very much and have a nice weekend. :)
LadyAmmonet 13

Post by LadyAmmonet 13 »

Well, I have my Gatecon ticket, my cruise ticket and now banquet. I can't wait for September. It's going to be vacation for me.
elephantgirl

Post by elephantgirl »

Well, if anyone is still looking for Gatecon tickets, I have 2 for sale, will sell them for a discount!

Really sad I can't go, life getting in the way...

Send me a note!