Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Just FYI, this is the message I plan to send out, and you are welcome to forward it to other fan groups and forums:
Get Well Richard Dean Anderson

Last Friday, RDA sent a message expressing his deep regret that he would not be able to attend the Super Megafest convention later this month due to a serious back injury. (His message can be seen on rdanderson.com.)

Since then, messages of love and support have been pouring in to the Fan Mail page and on numerous other online message boards. RDA will surely appreciate the encouraging messages from his many fans, but due to the pain he has been dealing with, it may take a while before he is able to spend any extensive time on the computer.

Fans on the RDA Forum suggested the idea of sending actual greeting cards (Get Well Soon, Thinking of You, etc.) that could be forwarded to him by mail and enjoyed offline, and several volunteers offered to help collect the cards from fans.

If you would like to send a greeting card to RDA to show your encouragement and support, buy/make a suitable card, sign your name and the country where you live (so that he can see how far his fans extend), and mail it to one of the volunteers.

In order to avoid posting people's home addresses on a public forum, choose one of the people below (perhaps someone you know or someone who lives near your country to make postage easier), and contact them by email. Put "Cards for RDA" in the subject line so they will be looking for you.

They will give you their address to mail your card. The volunteers will gather the cards they receive and mail them so that they can be forwarded to RDA.

These people have offered to collect cards:

bftlovesRDA (United States): mdbft@bellsouth.net

Frenchwriter (France): ecriturama@yahoo.fr

JackGywer (Germany): jannick0104@yahoo.de

Kate (United States): mail@rdanderson.com

If you have any questions, you can reach me through the RDAnderson website.

Please feel free to forward this information to other forums, message boards, Facebook, Twitter, or similar groups where RDA fans might gather.

Thanks!

Kate
Richard Dean Anderson Website
http://rdanderson.com
mail@rdanderson.com

User avatar
frenchwriter
Posts: 685
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:17 am
Location: Southeastern of France
Contact:

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by frenchwriter » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Your message is excellent... Thank you Kate

Just one little fear : maybe unknown people could send us an @mail, to pretend to send a card to Richard but just for us to make bad or naugthty jokes...
I'm sorry to think about that... :?

ergomac
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by ergomac » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:03 am

poor rick i think this is an excellent idea :D
Last edited by ergomac on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tvero80
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by tvero80 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:33 am

Sorry but I won't be one of the collectors =tvero count me out.
Image

Veronica LAKings

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by KateR » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:39 am

frenchwriter wrote:Your message is excellent... Thank you Kate

Just one little fear : maybe unknown people could send us an @mail, to pretend to send a card to Richard but just for us to make bad or naugthty jokes...
I'm sorry to think about that... :?
That's always a risk, but if the information is posted to RDA fan groups, then it is usually sincere RDA fans who would take the time to respond.

Still, that is why I wanted to be certain you were okay with volunteering before I sent this out beyond the Forum.

Kate

User avatar
frenchwriter
Posts: 685
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:17 am
Location: Southeastern of France
Contact:

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by frenchwriter » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:54 am

KateR wrote:
frenchwriter wrote:Your message is excellent... Thank you Kate

Just one little fear : maybe unknown people could send us an @mail, to pretend to send a card to Richard but just for us to make bad or naugthty jokes...
I'm sorry to think about that... :?
That's always a risk, but if the information is posted to RDA fan groups, then it is usually sincere RDA fans who would take the time to respond.

Still, that is why I wanted to be certain you were okay with volunteering before I sent this out beyond the Forum.

Kate
I know that tvero80 stop.
I'm OK to continue Kate.

But an other problem : I've seen someone wanted to be a point of collect, but this person isn't on this forum.
I personally do not want a stranger to the forum can be volunteer for our project...
Kate, bftlovesRDA and JackGywer: Are you agree with me?

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by KateR » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:00 am

frenchwriter wrote: But an other problem : I've seen someone wanted to be a point of collect, but this person isn't on this forum.
I personally do not want a stranger to the forum can be volunteer for our project...
Kate, bftlovesRDA and JackGywer: Are you agree with me?
I don't know who you mean. Why, did someone in another forum try to copy the idea with their own collection?

Kate

User avatar
bftlovesRDA
Posts: 8753
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by bftlovesRDA » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:35 am

I am okay to continue also.

Your message is very good. It suits me fine. I know we will have to be careful and hopefully will avoid any "nasties" who might try to disrupt this effort. But that is why you asked us if we were ok with giving our email address out.

I hope we get LOTS and LOTS of responses of those who really want to send a card / message of love and encouragement to RDA.

If you send your message to your email list, we should hear from many.

Thanks for this effort organizing.
B

User avatar
bftlovesRDA
Posts: 8753
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by bftlovesRDA » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:45 am

KateR wrote:Just FYI, this is the message I plan to send out, and you are welcome to forward it to other fan groups and forums:
Get Well Richard Dean Anderson

Last Friday, RDA sent a message expressing his deep regret that he would not be able to attend the Super Megafest convention later this month due to a serious back injury. (His message can be seen on rdanderson.com.)

Since then, messages of love and support have been pouring in to the Fan Mail page and on numerous other online message boards. RDA will surely appreciate the encouraging messages from his many fans, but due to the pain he has been dealing with, it may take a while before he is able to spend any extensive time on the computer.

Fans on the RDA Forum suggested the idea of sending actual greeting cards (Get Well Soon, Thinking of You, etc.) that could be forwarded to him by mail and enjoyed offline, and several volunteers offered to help collect the cards from fans.

If you would like to send a greeting card to RDA to show your encouragement and support, buy/make a suitable card, sign your name and the country where you live (so that he can see how far his fans extend), and mail it to one of the volunteers.

In order to avoid posting people's home addresses on a public forum, choose one of the people below (perhaps someone you know or someone who lives near your country to make postage easier), and contact them by email. Put "Cards for RDA" in the subject line so they will be looking for you.

They will give you their address to mail your card. The volunteers will gather the cards they receive and mail them so that they can be forwarded to RDA.

These people have offered to collect cards:

bftlovesRDA (United States): mdbft@bellsouth.net

Frenchwriter (France): ecriturama@yahoo.fr

JackGywer (Germany): jannick0104@yahoo.de

Kate (United States): mail@rdanderson.com

If you have any questions, you can reach me through the RDAnderson website.

Please feel free to forward this information to other forums, message boards, Facebook, Twitter, or similar groups where RDA fans might gather.

Thanks!

Kate
Richard Dean Anderson Website
http://rdanderson.com
mail@rdanderson.com
Very good message. Please let us know when you actually send this out to your mailing lists. Thanks.
B

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by KateR » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:30 am

bftlovesRDA wrote:Very good message. Please let us know when you actually send this out to your mailing lists. Thanks.
Here is the updated message (edited to include that I have heard again from RDA in the meantime). I have sent it out. Please feel free to spread the word. Thanks for all your support! ~Kate
Richard is still dealing with back pain and the loss of his dog Daisy. Today he shared two pictures of Andy as they continue to find comfort in each other. The link to the latest "Note From Rick" is on the homepage at rdanderson.com.

Also on the homepage is the link to his message from last Friday expressing his deep regret that he would not be able to attend the Super Megafest convention later this month.

Since then, messages of love and support have been pouring in to the Fan Mail page and on numerous other online message boards. RDA will surely appreciate the encouraging messages from his many fans, but due to the pain he has been dealing with, it may take a while before he is able to spend any extensive time on the computer.

Fans on the RDA Forum suggested the idea of sending actual greeting cards (Get Well Soon, Thinking of You, etc.) that could be forwarded to him by mail and enjoyed offline, and several volunteers offered to help collect the cards from fans.

If you would like to send a greeting card to RDA to show your encouragement and support, buy/make a suitable card, write your message and sign your name AND the country where you live (so that he can see how far his fans extend), and mail it to one of the volunteers.

In order to avoid posting people's home addresses on a public forum, choose one of the people below (perhaps someone you know or someone who lives near your country to make postage easier), and contact them by email. Put "Cards for RDA" in the subject line so they will be looking for you.

They will give you their address to mail your card. The volunteers will gather the cards they receive and mail them so that they can be forwarded to RDA.

These people have offered to collect cards:

bftlovesRDA (United States): mdbft@bellsouth.net

Frenchwriter (France): ecriturama@yahoo.fr

JackGywer (Germany): jannick0104@yahoo.de

Kate (United States): mail@rdanderson.com

If you have any questions, you can reach me through the RDAnderson website.

Please feel free to forward this information to other forums, message boards, Facebook, Twitter, or similar groups where RDA fans might gather.

Thanks!

Kate
Richard Dean Anderson Website
http://rdanderson.com
mail@rdanderson.com

Post Reply