Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

silvia1970

Re: Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015

Post by silvia1970 »

Back pain is hell. Especially the lumbar. I know that. A lengthy process.
I hope he recovers well.
Best wishes to RDA and the next Convention is determined.
The health comes first.
Silvia
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote:Kate,could we do something to cheer him up (a little) ?
As Pam says, and as Kate says, the fan contact spot is how we can reach out to him quickly but it will probably be awhile before he can sit at the computer and read the fan emails. Maybe Wylie can read them to him.

Then, there is an option to sending him cards from a group of us. Kate is willing to help with this but someone needs to be the coordinator of the cards. I would be willing to gather the cards if others want to send them to me to be gathered and then Kate could help me get the cards to him.

If someone wants to send me a "Get Well" or " Thinking of you" or other caring card to be gathered with others to send to our beloved RDA, please send me a PM. I will PM to you a way to send your card to me to put with others to send to him.

Thanks.
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
tvero80 wrote:Kate,could we do something to cheer him up (a little) ?
As Pam says, and as Kate says, the fan contact spot is how we can reach out to him quickly but it will probably be awhile before he can sit at the computer and read the fan emails. Maybe Wylie can read them to him.

Then, there is an option to sending him cards from a group of us. Kate is willing to help with this but someone needs to be the coordinator of the cards. I would be willing to gather the cards if others want to send them to me to be gathered and then Kate could help me get the cards to him.

If someone wants to send me a "Get Well" or " Thinking of you" or other caring card to be gathered with others to send to our beloved RDA, please send me a PM. I will PM to you a way to send your card to me to put with others to send to him.

Thanks.
PM B. :D

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I've just sent a PM,B.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

B and a few others have contacted me offlist to ask about a way to send wishes to RDA.

Many people have already used the Fan Mail page to send a message. That is probably the easiest, but it is true that it may be some time before he can comfortably sit at the computer to read them all. So he may not get to see most of those messages, at least not right away.

I'm happy to help if fans want to send actual greeting cards (Get Well or Thinking of You). We've done something like this in the past, for his birthday, and when he destroyed his knee skiing many years ago. I think it would really lift his spirits, getting cards from all around the world.

It would take a little coordination, though. I'm willing to spread the word through the "Updates" mailing list (a few thousand people there), and of course people can spread the word to other groups of fans. Because of some things that happened in the past, I'm a little hesitant to make my home address publicly available, but I can look into getting a short-term P.O. box. Meanwhile, if others, like B, want to share their addresses privately and act as a collection point to gather cards, that will help to spread the word and share the effort.

I am happy to mail any packages of cards that come to me. And they don't all have to be sent at once. Sending more cards every few days can be even better, to let him know that the good wishes are still pouring in.

So... talk amongst yourselves (as they say). If you volunteer to be a collection point, send me your email, and I'll include it in an "Updates" announcement for fans to contact you for information about where to mail cards. Send me your country, too, since it may make it easier for fans to mail to a collection point in their own country. I'll let you know how to get the cards to me. Then spread the word on your own to other forums.

Will that work?

Kate
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Kate, if you think it's better to collect cards from each country, I could to propose to be a collection point for French cards.
But I don't know if the others fans will be agree with me. I will wait for their decision.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

frenchwriter wrote:Kate, if you think it's better to collect cards from each country, I could to propose to be a collection point for French cards.
But I don't know if the others fans will be agree with me. I will wait for their decision.
Ok.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote:B and a few others have contacted me offlist to ask about a way to send wishes to RDA.

Many people have already used the Fan Mail page to send a message. That is probably the easiest, but it is true that it may be some time before he can comfortably sit at the computer to read them all. So he may not get to see most of those messages, at least not right away.

I'm happy to help if fans want to send actual greeting cards (Get Well or Thinking of You). We've done something like this in the past, for his birthday, and when he destroyed his knee skiing many years ago. I think it would really lift his spirits, getting cards from all around the world.

It would take a little coordination, though. I'm willing to spread the word through the "Updates" mailing list (a few thousand people there), and of course people can spread the word to other groups of fans. Because of some things that happened in the past, I'm a little hesitant to make my home address publicly available, but I can look into getting a short-term P.O. box. Meanwhile, if others, like B, want to share their addresses privately and act as a collection point to gather cards, that will help to spread the word and share the effort.

I am happy to mail any packages of cards that come to me. And they don't all have to be sent at once. Sending more cards every few days can be even better, to let him know that the good wishes are still pouring in.

So... talk amongst yourselves (as they say). If you volunteer to be a collection point, send me your email, and I'll include it in an "Updates" announcement for fans to contact you for information about where to mail cards. Send me your country, too, since it may make it easier for fans to mail to a collection point in their own country. I'll let you know how to get the cards to me. Then spread the word on your own to other forums.

Will that work?

Kate

Hi, Kate - Yes, that sounds like a good plan indeed.

I will be glad to be the collection point for the USA cards and then you can tell me how to get them to you. I'll send you my email address. I hope we can flood him with good wishes and heartfelt encouragement - and do it a bit at a time as you suggest. If anyone wants to connect with other fans on other forums, and they want to be included in this effort organized here, they can PM me and I will give out the necessary information to contact me.
B
K9mom

Post by K9mom »

I am game B - I would love to send a get well card. Let me know when/where.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

PM sent to you K9Mom.
B