Quench the Fire 2015

PamK1950

Re: Quench the Fire 2015

Post by PamK1950 »

Just a side note: This year is QTF's 10th anniversary. It should be something special.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Sounds great Pam! - will you be there?
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

I hope to be. The folks involved are terrific and they do wonderful work. The only problem I can see is that it will probably be about a month after Gatecon. I usually go out for a week, but I may have to just go for the weekend. I've meet a lot of nice people there and look forward to seeing them again.

Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

PamK1950 wrote:I hope to be. The folks involved are terrific and they do wonderful work. The only problem I can see is that it will probably be about a month after Gatecon. I usually go out for a week, but I may have to just go for the weekend. I've meet a lot of nice people there and look forward to seeing them again.
Do you get to chat with RDA? - are you both kind of like friends? 'my curiosity :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Yes I did get to talk to RDA. He's really nice and knows how to make you feel special when you're talking to him. Are we like friends, no. I'm just one of the thousands of fans that shares a brief moment with him every once in a while.

This is one of my favorite moments with RDA. It was taken at Dallas Comic Con a few years ago. I was going through a very rough time in my life and RDA said just the right thing to make me feel better about myself when he signed the picture. It was something like "You look so happy here". I looked at the picture and realized that yes, I was happy for the first time in years. I know he's an actor and probably has said that to a lot of fans, but at that moment, I didn't care.

Caty

Post by Caty »

Sometimes you just need a reminder for what you have in your life and for what it's worth living.
Maybe this was such a moment and I hope you'll get many more of those, Pam :)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

That is very true caty. thanks for sharing your story and photo with us Pam! i am happy for you, that things are better now! :) :)
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Cindy61 wrote:Thanks frenchwriter! :D i don't know if i would ever be able to go.. but if i did, it would be because of RDA! :oops: :oops:
It would be a good idea to go there Cindy... If you can, don't hesitate! You're in the USA, you ;)
A moment with Richard, even brief, is a marvelous remembering for the life!!!
I seen Richard in London last July and I've my "big-hug-photo" :oops: :oops: ... A really "magic" moment in my head and my heart !!!

I'm waiting from Gatecon in September... euh.. no... I can't wait ;)
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Thanks for the encouragement Frenchwriter! :) it would be one of the most marvelous things in the world for me to meet Rick.
i certainly hope i will get the chance! and please share your experience at Gatecon with us!! :D :D
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Cindy61 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement Frenchwriter! :) it would be one of the most marvelous things in the world for me to meet Rick.
i certainly hope i will get the chance! and please share your experience at Gatecon with us!! :D :D
Of course !
I hope his health will allow him to participate at Gatecon... :roll:
But, if he can't be able to go there, I don't will go there either... :(
Let's hope !! :D