Where have RDA helped situations

Kti

Where have RDA helped situations

Post by Kti »

I'm not sure if we need more of this topic! ?
For a long time I find myself repeatedly in everyday situations in which I unknowingly behind ask ... No, not "What would MacGyver do?"
There ... are those moments where I'm undecided, unsure. Then I turn on my head the cinema and somehow I prefer always force from it a certain sequence or just an incredible picture.

After 20 years, I quit my job because it has become unertäglich after a head change.
Today I finally had a job interview in a trauma surgical practice in which I would like to start. All the time until the interview finally started for whatever reason shot me 'Early Retirement' through my head ...?
Mr. Anderson has given me with the interpretation of his MacGyver in this episode so much force that I no longer recognize myself again. I am very shy and reserved and never know to put me in the right light. But today I was completely different! I still can not put into the right words what is there today happened to me there. The day after tomorrow I'm going trial work, I have the contract in the bag, now I just have to see if it suits me.
Thank you for giving me so much strength RDA!
cmbj67

Re: Where have RDA helped situations

Post by cmbj67 »

Many times he have helped me out of a situation.

For example my boss hasn't a great sense of respect and sometimes it happens that I have to byte my tongue if I don't want to risk my job, so I keep calm like he always is, take it easy and don't let her get to me, and stay busy so I don't have to think about it, until I just forget.

Or also when it happens that my back is more painful just the day when I have to change bedsheets or do some other housework. I think about what he was able to do in MacGyver with his back :shock: That gives me strength
Claudia
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Mostly I have been helped by RDA's (and Jack's) sense of humor in times when things seem serious and need a way to deal with them without getting too down. :D
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

Sometimes, when everything goes down the line and I'm depressed or sad just his face comes up before my eyes, he smiles at me and I remember the way he deals with all the stuff, lives throws at him. Then I find a way to handle the upcoming situation.

At night, when I lay in my bed, trying to sleep and there is a lot of emotional baggage around me, I think of him and I get the strength to catch some sleep.

And in the morning, when I wake up, I think of him and all the good things he does for the charities and how friendly he is to everybody and just 'the guy next door' and then I can fight another day.

Thank you, Rick. For beeing yourself. :)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Man where do I begin??? Rick helped me trough schooltime I really was bullied a lot and MacGyver gave me the strength to go on.. still it helps me in my work.. having a unstoppable positivity and faith in the people I work with... my colleague once asked me can you be a little bit less positive, well Nope!!
And with that I helped a lot of people especially youth to regain faith in themselves... So.......

Thank you Rick for what you did, still do and for who you are!!!
Last edited by Annelies on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lots of love,

Lies

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Kti wrote:I'm not sure if we need more of this topic! ?
For a long time I find myself repeatedly in everyday situations in which I unknowingly behind ask ... No, not "What would MacGyver do?"
There ... are those moments where I'm undecided, unsure. Then I turn on my head the cinema and somehow I prefer always force from it a certain sequence or just an incredible picture.

After 20 years, I quit my job because it has become unertäglich after a head change.
Today I finally had a job interview in a trauma surgical practice in which I would like to start. All the time until the interview finally started for whatever reason shot me 'Early Retirement' through my head ...?
Mr. Anderson has given me with the interpretation of his MacGyver in this episode so much force that I no longer recognize myself again. I am very shy and reserved and never know to put me in the right light. But today I was completely different! I still can not put into the right words what is there today happened to me there. The day after tomorrow I'm going trial work, I have the contract in the bag, now I just have to see if it suits me.
Thank you for giving me so much strength RDA!
By the way Good for you KTI!!!!! :D
Lots of love,

Lies

darling

Post by darling »

So...
There is one special thing Rick helped me with and it was the best thing ever happened to me.
Nowadays it's much easier to speak about it but It gives me the heebie-jeebies when I just think about it.

It's about... 25 years ago. WOW! :shock: Time goes on...

I was 19, ended school and had no idea what I was going to do with my life.
In that situation everything got more and more worse.
My life was kind of empty and useless. I was extremely introverted. Even my parents had no chance to get in.
With every new day I said goodbye to my life a little bit more.
Then there was the day I picked up my car and drove miles without any ambition.
I stopped at a little forest where I found a tangly path that seemed to go nowhere.
I followed it and finally at the end of this path there were tracks that crossed.
And I stood there and thought: "What if I just lay down on the tracks and wait for a train?"
I thought about it very seriously. It was not a kind of emotional act.
Then I knelt down and stared at the tracks.

In that moment - I swear it - Rick's face jumped in my mind.
He looked at me, smiled and shook his head.
He didn't say a word. And he didn't need to. I understood.
I went up, turned around and left that place as fast as I could.

I never told this episode of my life. To nobody.
I went home. I managed my life.
And now I have an affectionate man who loves me as I love him.
I have a home that is my own.
I have a life.
Thanks to Rick.
I will never forget what he had done for me.
Although he will never know.
Last edited by darling on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Darling thanks for sharing your story with us and I'm so glad to have you here with us!! :D ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Incredible story Darling. It's amazing how Rick helped you get through that period of your life. I guess all of us here owe him a great deal. He has changed our lives for the better, one way or another and we thank him for the joy and the happiness he has given us over the years. Thank you for sharing your story.
Caty

Post by Caty »

Very emotional story, darling.
I can't imagine, what you have been gone through that time, but I can understand how gratefull you are ... and we too. :)

Thanks for sharing :)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)