Meeting Richard

j-sky

Re: Meeting Richard

Post by j-sky »

Annelies wrote:Dutch Comic Con coming up... I gues the chance that he will be a guest is veeeeeery small, but I keep up a little bit of hope!!! Checking the guest list on a daily base...;)
Oh, I would come there too :D !!!!
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Thanks for all the encouragement, I was just sitting here thinking to myself that I'm actually not good enough to meet him or be in Rick's presence. I cannot help those thoughts as I've always known that I'm not good enough for anything and have never lived up to people's expectations of me - family/friends that is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling sorry for myself, it is just that I have always had a very low opinion of myself and many have helped me along that track of thinking. Every single thing I have ever done in my life had a means to an end of pleasing and helping everyone else around me and never really doing anything that I really wanted to do or help myself with the exception of a couple of things. I have had some great experiences and adventures along the way though, albeit I have worked seriously hard and long hours to achieve everything I have. I have more than once sold everything I had that wasn't tied down to pay for operations for my animals in the past and start again. Crazy eh!

Anyway enough on that, I have acquired a ticket - however I am unsure as to whether I should go or not, I'm currently debating this with myself at length and I'm not winning. I'm actually afraid that I might just stare at him like a lunatic, same something truly stupid, incoherent and demented or faint! Even typing this I can feel my heart racing. Argh Crap!!! Does anybody else ever feel like this?
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Well, as FedCon was approaching I felt more and more afraid and even thought that I had made a mistake buying the ticket. :o
But when I was in front of him all fears vanished, I felt so quiet! I myself was surprised. Maybe it's because he doesn't act like a star, he's always so easy. There's nothing to be afraid of. Just be yourself and everything will be ok.
Claudia
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Stoneridge wrote:Thanks for all the encouragement, I was just sitting here thinking to myself that I'm actually not good enough to meet him or be in Rick's presence. I cannot help those thoughts as I've always known that I'm not good enough for anything and have never lived up to people's expectations of me - family/friends that is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling sorry for myself, it is just that I have always had a very low opinion of myself and many have helped me along that track of thinking. Every single thing I have ever done in my life had a means to an end of pleasing and helping everyone else around me and never really doing anything that I really wanted to do or help myself with the exception of a couple of things. I have had some great experiences and adventures along the way though, albeit I have worked seriously hard and long hours to achieve everything I have. I have more than once sold everything I had that wasn't tied down to pay for operations for my animals in the past and start again. Crazy eh!

Anyway enough on that, I have acquired a ticket - however I am unsure as to whether I should go or not, I'm currently debating this with myself at length and I'm not winning. I'm actually afraid that I might just stare at him like a lunatic, same something truly stupid, incoherent and demented or faint! Even typing this I can feel my heart racing. Argh Crap!!! Does anybody else ever feel like this?
Know exactly how you feel Stoneridge, but how would you feel when you missed it now you have the ticket in your hand..
I still have a headache from Dusseldorf..Now I couldn't affort it unforunatly, but it was soooooooooooooooooooo close and still kicking myself for not trying a LOT harder, and believe my I tried everything!!
Don't you doubt yourself, to bad so many people helped you along that track, but you definitely deserve this chance and you should go for it girl, your so worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go for it girl!! ;)
Last edited by Annelies on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of love,

Lies

Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Thanks Claudia and Lies. To be completely and perfectly honest, I am absolutely 100% terrified, I must be really stupid because the whole thing is making me feel really sick. I feel like my stomach is empty, seriously I am more at home and at peace with myself foaling a mare or errecting paddock fencing than I am ok with this. It does not help that I am not a people person and have always been more at home surrounded by critters rather than people, i relate to them in a far superior manner. This may be deeper because crowds scare the bejesus out of me to put it mildly. I'm trying to tell myself "Rick is just a guy" over and over again. Then I get "yeah right!" jump into my heart and head, he is not "Just a guy" he's a legend in so many ways and with so many great attributes. I've waited decades for this opportunity, but now I'm in panic mode and there's two months to go yet, I will be a complete basket case by that time. Crap, somebody give me some serious courage! Please! (Geez, If only I could take my little dog to cuddle and hide behind when the time comes, if I ever make it that is)
Clean/Green NZ
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

You can do it girl, did you put in mind that you both have the same interest? Animals?
Reading your stories I'm getting to know you as a fantastic person with a great heart, and another fantastic person wil be sitting on the other side of that table, and I'm certain that he will take away all your nerves once you're there.
I will probably have the same feeling as you do if I knew I was going to meet him, but I'm not going to meet him (yet) so you can have my courage!! ;)

And about the crowd??
Image ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Just do it !!!

V
xena

Post by xena »

Stoneridge wrote:Thanks Claudia and Lies. To be completely and perfectly honest, I am absolutely 100% terrified, I must be really stupid because the whole thing is making me feel really sick. I feel like my stomach is empty, seriously I am more at home and at peace with myself foaling a mare or errecting paddock fencing than I am ok with this. It does not help that I am not a people person and have always been more at home surrounded by critters rather than people, i relate to them in a far superior manner. This may be deeper because crowds scare the bejesus out of me to put it mildly. I'm trying to tell myself "Rick is just a guy" over and over again. Then I get "yeah right!" jump into my heart and head, he is not "Just a guy" he's a legend in so many ways and with so many great attributes. I've waited decades for this opportunity, but now I'm in panic mode and there's two months to go yet, I will be a complete basket case by that time. Crap, somebody give me some serious courage! Please! (Geez, If only I could take my little dog to cuddle and hide behind when the time comes, if I ever make it that is)
hey,
what i can suggest you is you read all the meet the man stories in the old forums. noone has never ever felt a bit of regret or unpleasant just because they have met the man. all you can feel is (ok maybe a bit shy at first) but happyness and peace.. both because you have done something good for yourself and because you have met one of the sweetest, humblest and funniest man in the world..

pull yourself together and do it!
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

xena wrote:
pull yourself together and do it!
I agree. Buck up, Buttercup. :-)

Michelle
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Thank you so much everyone. You are all so encouraging for me, just wish I could get rid of this pathetic unworthiness opinion of myself. The stupid thing is that I very much doubt I would feel like this even meeting Her Majesty the Queen herself. I am going to force myself to go, well that's my thought this morning in any case, give it 5 - 10 minutes and I will change my mind again and crumple into a ball. I will check out the old forum as well, Thank you for the heads up on that one - it may help me - and a huge thank you for the borrowed courage.
Clean/Green NZ