RDA book

bftlovesRDA

Re: RDA book

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Julia MH wrote:
Sorry, folks, but I would never ever buy such a book that he didn't authorise on one single page in it or that he himself or his manager (or who ever is allowed to represent him in this cases) has announced. Not worth a cent. Even if it just includes carreer facts that can also be found in the Internet.
I agree with Julia. I looked at the first few pages as shown in the Amazon listing - and it is a hodge podge of poorly organized information, none of which seems to make sense.

Kate - yes - please do let us know when YOU are going to do a REAL book on RDA. You've already done so much of the work that shows up here. I would buy THAT (your) book!
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

bftlovesRDA wrote:

Kate - yes - please do let us know when YOU are going to do a REAL book on RDA. You've already done so much of the work that shows up here. I would buy THAT (your) book!

That would be great :) :) :) I would buy it too.

V
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

I do believe that Kate is the only author Rick would trust with such a work. He does seem to be a very private person and it might be a bit much for him to just start trusting someone he isn't already familiar with. He once mentioned the possibility of writing his own book, when he was no longer so famous. I don't really expect him to follow through with that, though. As I said, he seems very private.

Personally, I would be very interested if he wrote a couple of children's books. I think he would be very good at that.

As for the current book, I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more unauthorized publications about RDA.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

bftlovesRDA wrote: I looked at the first few pages as shown in the Amazon listing - and it is a hodge podge of poorly organized information, none of which seems to make sense.
I hadn't thought to check out the inside of the book. So I just now took a peek.

I was thinking it was a collection of information "borrowed" from sources like my website, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that the author doesn't even speak English. Here is a sample, a description of MacGyver:
Richard Dean Anderson as Angus MacGyver, a confidential go-between whoever favors not to take either employ a firearm, expected to a youth mishap with a six-gun that followed in the demise of a pal.

He is frequently dubious of militaristic views inside the government; he perceives the Los Angeles founded Phoenix Foundation, his boss, as an alternate to further normal (and violent) intents of regulation enforcement.
Wow. Just... wow. It's amazing what you can get away with selling nowadays.

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: I hadn't thought to check out the inside of the book. So I just now took a peek.

I was thinking it was a collection of information "borrowed" from sources like my website, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that the author doesn't even speak English. Here is a sample, a description of MacGyver:
Richard Dean Anderson as Angus MacGyver, a confidential go-between whoever favors not to take either employ a firearm, expected to a youth mishap with a six-gun that followed in the demise of a pal.

He is frequently dubious of militaristic views inside the government; he perceives the Los Angeles founded Phoenix Foundation, his boss, as an alternate to further normal (and violent) intents of regulation enforcement.
I know I'm just a foreigner who doesn't always understand all the subtleties of your beautiful language but I'm speechless !

V
Caty

Post by Caty »

So it doesn't make sense for you, too?

I very relieved that it was not only my problem, I blamed it on my english skills ;)
So I can save the money.

Kate, will there ever be a second edition of the SG1-book? It's sold out for years :cry:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Firefly74

Post by Firefly74 »

Caty wrote:Zuzik, on a german facebook page you wrote: " Maybe.. Rick spoke about some book. I remember he said: It's all of my book. Or something like this."
When did he say this? Is it possible he spoke of a different book, maybe of Kate's "Stargate SG-1: The Ultimate Visual Guide" ?
Caty, RDA said "It'll be all in my book" at Fedcon on stage this year.
I don't think he meant a real book. He just said it to end the topic. ( I don't remember what it was.)

You can buy Kate's book at www.amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/075662361 ... SY200_QL40
You just need a credit card when you're shopping from Germany.
Last edited by Firefly74 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Firefly74 wrote:
Caty wrote:Zuzik, on a german facebook page you wrote: " Maybe.. Rick spoke about some book. I remember he said: It's all of my book. Or something like this."
When did he say this? Is it possible he spoke of a different book, maybe of Kate's "Stargate SG-1: The Ultimate Visual Guide" ?
I don't think he meant a real book. He just said it to end the topic. ( I don't remember what it was.)
Actually it was Michael who kept saying that in regards to affairs and rubber doll Thors "giggles"

I would love to read a Richard Dean Anderson biography. I am not holding my breath that that's going to happen, but it would be awesome. Even though I'd prefer it to be written by himself or that at least he'd have the final say on what's going to be in there - despite what well meaning authors or agents think should or shouldn't be in there. He has such a unique way with words, it'd be cool if he had a huge participation in a book about himself.
zuzik2301

Post by zuzik2301 »

So here is a summary:

This book is probably a scam.
I guess Rick doesn't know about it.
And each of us can save our money.
Perfect!
If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Anne wrote:
Firefly74 wrote:
Actually it was Michael who kept saying that in regards to affairs and rubber doll Thors "giggles"

I would love to read a Richard Dean Anderson biography. I am not holding my breath that that's going to happen, but it would be awesome. Even though I'd prefer it to be written by himself or that at least he'd have the final say on what's going to be in there - despite what well meaning authors or agents think should or shouldn't be in there. He has such a unique way with words, it'd be cool if he had a huge participation in a book about himself.
That's why I made a wink towards Kate earlier.. If there's one person who is honest, listens to Rick's wishes very carefully AND writes fantastic it sure is Kate!!! I mean that! Don't get me wrong it isn't a push over or a request or something like that, just thinking that When there would be wwitten a biography about RDA she should be the one to write it... ;)
Lots of love,

Lies