Don't miss features and archives - awesome!

bftlovesRDA

Re: Don't miss features and archives - awesome!

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:36 pm
bftlovesRDA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:41 am There are so many good articles about RDA in the Archives section.

ONe is from his MacGyver days....RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON: STRONG, SILENT & MYSTERIOUS http://rdanderson.com/archives/articles/1987-04-00.htm

That article names MacGyver "Stace Macgyver"......Where that came from no one knows.....
It was in the original pilot script, which was shot as a 90-minute episode before it was drastically edited down and rearranged. The theory (not sure if it was ever confirmed for sure) was that it was an homage to Henry Winkler's wife.

Kate
OH - I had no idea the original pilot was shot as a 90 minute episode before it was edited down drastically. Glad to know the theory behind the reason for that first name of MacGyver that never happened...
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:37 pm OH - I had no idea the original pilot was shot as a 90 minute episode before it was edited down drastically. Glad to know the theory behind the reason for that first name of MacGyver that never happened...
The pilot was directed by "Alan Smithee," which is a pseudonym that MacGyver producer John Rich invented for those situations when a director is displeased with the way his finished product was handled or edited, and he asks to have his name removed. Alan Smithee is not a real person. But he directed several of the early episodes of MacGyver back when they were still finding their footing, re-editing episodes, and making changes. Since then, "Alan Smithee" has directed a number of other projects in Hollywood, too.

Kate
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Stimmt, die Seite ist großartig und informativ. Danke an Kate, und danke an meinen tollen Übersetzer. :D Liebe Grüße Susanne
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:37 pm OH - I had no idea the original pilot was shot as a 90 minute episode before it was edited down drastically. Glad to know the theory behind the reason for that first name of MacGyver that never happened...
The pilot was directed by "Alan Smithee," which is a pseudonym that MacGyver producer John Rich invented for those situations when a director is displeased with the way his finished product was handled or edited, and he asks to have his name removed. Alan Smithee is not a real person. But he directed several of the early episodes of MacGyver back when they were still finding their footing, re-editing episodes, and making changes. Since then, "Alan Smithee" has directed a number of other projects in Hollywood, too.

Kate
Kate - that is such an interesting factoid about Alan Smithee! Thanks for letting us know about that.
B
Wathorighh

Post by Wathorighh »

The archives are awesome. I've read so many articles but am not done yet with all of them. :lol: It's kinda like a timetravel. Thanks KateR for collecting and publishing them.
**Andrea**
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

You are so right - the Archives ARE awesome.

I know - I am still reading them. So many to read.

What a great place to be on the internet.
B
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Stimmt. Gibt soviel zu entdecken. Danke Kate und danke an meinen netten Übersetzer hier. Ich liebe die Seite. Susanne
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

thanks, Susanne

translation: Right. So much to discover. Thanks Kate and thanks to my nice translator here. I love the site.
B