Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

GWhite

Re: Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Post by GWhite »

I’m not sure, either. He appears to know himself pretty well, accepts both the good and not so good, and doesn’t pretend to be what he isn’t. I think there’s a lot more to RDA than we’ve ever seen, or will see. It really has nothing to do with whether or not he’s nice or humble (actually supports that). It just makes him human. And now older and wiser (I knew I could work some kind of reference to his 70th birthday into the midst of all this heavy stuff).
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I think she means he's just a man , he's not perfect ( though fans tend to idealize him ). When he inquires about registering here it's just a ( nice ) thought , an alternative to social media BUT it doesn't mean he will do it AND will send messages regularly . Kate has often complained about the fact that he doesn't always answer her posts and she has to chase after him to get a reply .
We all know he 'gives all he's got' to fans during the exhausting cons he attends + he sends notes and photos once in a while . So we must feel lucky , be grateful and not ask for more . We mustn't forget he has a life and doesn't think of us all the time .

That's what I think Kate meant … but I may be wrong of course .
Beata

Post by Beata »

That's what I think Kate meant … but I may be wrong of course .
Thanks tvero80, I appreciate your input and agree too, however I would still like Kate to clarify exactly what she meant. At first read it was cryptic at best, so I would like her to explain since she knows him better than any of us.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Perhaps she meant that he appreciates his fans, is humbled by them (which he has said himself), and enjoys the interaction as an opportunity to show that (conventions), but he’s just a guy living his life and doesn’t need “strokes” to be ok. That’s probably one reason he doesn’t interact on a daily basis. His notes and pics are just like the ones we share with our close friends and family. (my family can go months without sharing, tweeting or calling). It really is more personal to share with us here than on social media. I think it’s lovely he might want to share pics and notes directly, but, like Kate, I don’t think it’s really going to happen. LTS and he has “life” to do ;)
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Hey guys, he's not MacGyver, he's not Jack O'Neill, he's simply a good actor who happened to be talented and lucky enough to have "made it" in a very tough business. And I'm sure when he makes his public appearances, it's gotta' be a bit exhausting to put on his Richard Dean Anderson persona that his fans expect. But at home, he's just "Dad" to Wylie, "Rick" to his select friends and "Favorite Human" to his dog. And hopefully he'll appreciate all of our birthday cards and we'll be lucky to get a nice collective online thank you. Hey, that's okay! After all, he's 70!
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Richard has always been a man who likes his life to be private and he hopes his fans respect this.
He gives all his energy during conventions, he is smiling, attentive, available to his fans. But, social media will never be a home for him. Just a photo sometimes, but it will always be in the background.

If we love Richard, we love as he is, entirely ;)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

For me personally it is perfect as it is! Every now and then a message and a picture on the website, I prefer that more than constant posts on social media, like many other people in public life do! I am really happy when he reveals something, like any other fan, but I also know that he is a private person and that is his right!
He lives his life.
Keep it up Mr. Anderson!
But it is and remains special when he shares something with us. That would fade if he were more present. Think about it!
Anticipation is known to be the best joy!!
AND THAT'S TRUE!!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Tomorrow I will show you the picture, what I will send him by fanmail with a little explanation about the birthday project.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Monika

Post by Monika »

JackGywer wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:46 pm For me personally it is perfect as it is! Every now and then a message and a picture on the website, I prefer that more than constant posts on social media, like many other people in public life do! I am really happy when he reveals something, like any other fan, but I also know that he is a private person and that is his right!
He lives his life.
Keep it up Mr. Anderson!
But it is and remains special when he shares something with us. That would fade if he were more present. Think about it!
AND THAT'S TRUE!!
Dear JackGyver,
I can only agree with you.
You speak from my heart.
He should stay as he is. So it is perfect. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

JackGywer wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:46 pm For me personally it is perfect as it is! Every now and then a message and a picture on the website, I prefer that more than constant posts on social media, like many other people in public life do! I am really happy when he reveals something, like any other fan, but I also know that he is a private person and that is his right!
He lives his life.
Keep it up Mr. Anderson!
AND THAT'S TRUE!!
Yes! That’s what a I was thinking. You said it so much better!