Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Beata

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by Beata »

Anyway, if you've seen the movie, wouldn't that have been a perfect role for RDA to take on? To "be" a dog, who loves racing? I wish he'd consider looking into something like that.
Thanks Kate for your answer about the episode where he hurt his back I was just curious, i am not surprised that he cannot remember, it is one of those things you would like to forget! I have seen 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' and it is the most charming movies about a dog. I would love to see Richard do a voice over movie. I am a Kevin Costner fan also, and I don't think he sounded at all like Tom Selleck, Kevin has a very distinctive voice, although I have seen all his movies so I guess I am a bit biased. :lol: Richard seems to be a very self conscious person, which is unfortunate, because he is so talented and all the things he doesn't like about him self, his fans seem to love. I guess that is part of his charm.

Anyway, I would love to see or hear Richard in any project, but it seems that he is enjoying his retirement too much, and loves doing conventions, which is great for us fans.
If Seth Macfarland asked him to do a voice over for 'Family Guy' I think he would do it at the drop of one of his hats. :lol:
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

"What did the Pink Panther sing just after he stepped on an ant?"
[song to the Pink Panther theme]
"Dead ant, dead ant, dead ant dead ant, dead ant., dead ant . ....
That is hilarious Jerseycoconut! :lol: I can just see RDA doing something like that, too funny!
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

bftlovesRDA wrote: My question for you is what did he say when you discussed whether or not he was interested in getting back into taking any sort of acting roles??? Did he say he would consider it? Did he say what was going on with his agent or does he still have an agent????
It doesn't seem that he is actually looking for any kind of roles to take on. We had talked about this about two years ago, and at the time he had said that he was "thinking about" reconnecting with his agent. I took that to mean that he hadn't even been using an agent for some time, but he might want to consider keeping a connection just in case. In the almost-two years since then, he hasn't mentioned much about working with an agent on possible projects, and in our last conversation he didn't seem to be thinking about getting back into acting. That's not to say that he would refuse something if the perfect opportunity came along, but I get the sense that he is not really out looking for anything in particular.

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:07 pm
bftlovesRDA wrote: My question for you is what did he say when you discussed whether or not he was interested in getting back into taking any sort of acting roles??? Did he say he would consider it? Did he say what was going on with his agent or does he still have an agent????
It doesn't seem that he is actually looking for any kind of roles to take on. We had talked about this about two years ago, and at the time he had said that he was "thinking about" reconnecting with his agent. I took that to mean that he hadn't even been using an agent for some time, but he might want to consider keeping a connection just in case. In the almost-two years since then, he hasn't mentioned much about working with an agent on possible projects, and in our last conversation he didn't seem to be thinking about getting back into acting. That's not to say that he would refuse something if the perfect opportunity came along, but I get the sense that he is not really out looking for anything in particular.

Kate
Thanks for your response, Kate.

Sigh.

I am so sorry he is probably not thinking of getting back into acting. He probably doesn't think he would be any good back at acting now....but the point is he would be wonderful!!!!! His thousands of fans would follow him and he would develop new fans. But the most important thing is he would not deprive his audiences of seeing his acting talent on display!! I just think he is so into these conventions that he doesn't consider that if he got back into acting he wouldn't have to do that any more for awhile at least......something other people, one person in particular, probably would not like....but I personally would think RDA would appreciate not having to do the conventions any more at least for awhile. Can you tell how much I LONG FOR him to be back into acting???? He would be terrific!!!!!!!!!
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Nobody else has those frequent little moments that trigger an RDA memory?

I have another one...

In 2002, a few of us RDA fans joined the Earth River expedition to Headwall Canyon, the same trip RDA took for the National Geographic special. (I can't believe that was 17 years ago already!!) Anyway, among the items I bought especially for that trip was a pair of sturdy, waterproof Teva sandals. I suppose I should be embarassed that I still have sandals I bought 17 years ago, but those things are indestructable. I got them out today for a walk, and of course my mind flashed back to Headwall Canyon and to the obvious connection to RDA.

Back then, I was doing interviews for the Stargate Fan Club, and since the Headwall trip started in Vancouver, I went a couple days early to do some interviews before the trip began. (You'll find them under "Features" in the Stargate section.) When I finished the interview with RDA, it was the end of the day, and I figured he'd be ready to leave, but instread he said, "Now let's talk about YOU." He knew I was leaving for Headwall in a couple of days, and he proceeded to give me advice. He talked about bears, and snakes, and packing, and footwear, and food, and cameras, and pitching tents, and when he finally got to the subject of hygene, he commented, "You look to be a very... *clean* person." (pause) "GET OVER IT." :lol:

LOL! That memory still makes me laugh whenever I'm dirty or sweaty and ready for a shower. And it does make me appreciate hot showers! :D

Kate
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

:lol: :lol: great one Kate :lol: :lol: though it makes me wonder just how bad he stunk after his trip.... if what he said is any indication :?

anyway a few days ago i was in a shop and walked by this shirt that had homer Simpson about to eat a donut and the caption was "can't talk eating" it made me laugh as the memories of those behind the scenes of stargate and some interviews when he talks with his mouth full so the shirt was very ironic to me :lol: :lol:
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

This is my first post, although I’ve been checking in to see what’s going on for a while. When I saw this question I just had to join in.

Mine is really the reverse. My sister always posts pictures of her latest footwear - usually some kind of sneakers, untied. She’s usually sitting down with her feet up. When I was browsing through RDA’s pics here, and saw the same type of pic from him, I thought about my sis and had a good laugh. Now whenever I see someone share a pic of their feet in sneakers, untied, I think about both of them and have to chuckle. :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 pm Nobody else has those frequent little moments that trigger an RDA memory?

I have another one...

In 2002, a few of us RDA fans joined the Earth River expedition to Headwall Canyon, the same trip RDA took for the National Geographic special. (I can't believe that was 17 years ago already!!) Anyway, among the items I bought especially for that trip was a pair of sturdy, waterproof Teva sandals. I suppose I should be embarassed that I still have sandals I bought 17 years ago, but those things are indestructable. I got them out today for a walk, and of course my mind flashed back to Headwall Canyon and to the obvious connection to RDA.

Back then, I was doing interviews for the Stargate Fan Club, and since the Headwall trip started in Vancouver, I went a couple days early to do some interviews before the trip began. (You'll find them under "Features" in the Stargate section.) When I finished the interview with RDA, it was the end of the day, and I figured he'd be ready to leave, but instread he said, "Now let's talk about YOU." He knew I was leaving for Headwall in a couple of days, and he proceeded to give me advice. He talked about bears, and snakes, and packing, and footwear, and food, and cameras, and pitching tents, and when he finally got to the subject of hygene, he commented, "You look to be a very... *clean* person." (pause) "GET OVER IT." :lol:

LOL! That memory still makes me laugh whenever I'm dirty or sweaty and ready for a shower. And it does make me appreciate hot showers! :D

Kate
:lol: :lol: :lol: Such a good story/memory! Thanks for sharing that.
B
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

GWhite wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:10 am This is my first post, although I’ve been checking in to see what’s going on for a while. When I saw this question I just had to join in.

Mine is really the reverse. My sister always posts pictures of her latest footwear - usually some kind of sneakers, untied. She’s usually sitting down with her feet up. When I was browsing through RDA’s pics here, and saw the same type of pic from him, I thought about my sis and had a good laugh. Now whenever I see someone share a pic of their feet in sneakers, untied, I think about both of them and have to chuckle. :lol:
that is a great story :lol: and Welcome to the forum GWhite :) :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Welcome to the forum GWhite !

Maybe I'm digressing a little from the original purpose of the topic ... First I went to British Columbia on holiday a few years ago BECAUSE of MacGyver . I wasn't free to go where I wanted to but just being there ( Canada is such a beautiful country !) made me very happy imagining RDA had lived there, maybe been to the places I saw . Visited China town ( reminded me of Lost love !) and one evening I decided to go and see the chalet from GX-1. There was a park near my hotel I asked if it was the right park but was misled it wasn't Stanley Park (should have checked the exact filming location ! ) so of course I couldn't find it . I was very disappointed …

Another thing is what happened when I met RDA during the meet&greet in Düsseldorf years ago. At the end we were supposed to have a picture taken (we were about 20 fans gathered with him ) . Some were clever and hurried so they could get the best 'seats' I mean were close , enough to touch him and I was last ...As usual he had drunk water throughout the meeting so he had to get rid of the bottle for the photo . He was on my left ready, kneeling for the pic and I arrived just as he was throwing the bottle in my direction . I stopped , watched the bottle roll past me and disappear under a table on my right ( hope you understand ) . Then I turned to him ( meaning no more ? Can I cross the street now, Mr Anderson ? :D ) , he looked a little surprised and then he winked at me . So whenever I see a water bottle … I look to the left ( No ! Just kidding :lol: :lol: :lol: )