Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

karinedauphin

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by karinedauphin »

GWhite wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:10 am This is my first post, although I’ve been checking in to see what’s going on for a while. When I saw this question I just had to join in.

Mine is really the reverse. My sister always posts pictures of her latest footwear - usually some kind of sneakers, untied. She’s usually sitting down with her feet up. When I was browsing through RDA’s pics here, and saw the same type of pic from him, I thought about my sis and had a good laugh. Now whenever I see someone share a pic of their feet in sneakers, untied, I think about both of them and have to chuckle. :lol:

Hi GWhite,
Welcome.. and we are "anniversary"-friend... :lol: :lol: I too subscribed on the 2nd September to this forum.... but last year.... :lol: :lol:
Nice memory
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

If I say I think of him every day ????
And not only because I watch at least one episode of RDA (Mac, SG, Rourke, etc...) in original version

The first time I met RDA it was last year in Lyon... Sorry if I had already explained...
I had no idea what ComicCon was... I was a real "ComicCon" virgin, if it is possible...
Anyway, I told to myself okay, I will say that and that and that....
My survival instinct probably.... I knew it would be probably queue and queue and queue...
So in a cup in the hotel, I put orange quarters
so in waiting, I read and I ate.
And as it was my turn, Paul Brown began to speak with me about where I came from and I was eating my orange.
I proposed some to Paul Brown... and then... exactly in that moment, Richard invited me to approach from him.
And I had of course my cup in my hand... and I would be able to say so many things but .... guess....
"hello, Mister Anderson, do you want some ?" He asked "what it is? " "orange quarters. Do you probably need vitamines for this long day?"....
Seriously when I think about this memory, now, I feel me so ridiculous... :lol: :lol:
But I got a smile from Richard and he took some orange quarters....

So... back to the subject... that's why I think each day to RDA... because each morning I eat an orange... :lol: :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GWhite wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:10 am This is my first post, although I’ve been checking in to see what’s going on for a while. When I saw this question I just had to join in.

Mine is really the reverse. My sister always posts pictures of her latest footwear - usually some kind of sneakers, untied. She’s usually sitting down with her feet up. When I was browsing through RDA’s pics here, and saw the same type of pic from him, I thought about my sis and had a good laugh. Now whenever I see someone share a pic of their feet in sneakers, untied, I think about both of them and have to chuckle. :lol:
Welcome to the forum,GWhite!!!! Glad to see your post and hope you will be posting more! :D :D :D
B
Kti

Post by Kti »

KateR wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 pm Nobody else has those frequent little moments that trigger an RDA memory?
There are many RDA moments in my everyday life.
Some days - sometimes sleepless nights - are full of those Hmmms.
I like the new topic.
All posts spent me a smile. Thanks. Might be okay being like this.
I wish I could share mine the same way.

I'm a convinced cyclist. If you live in my town, it might be the best choice, but it's not advisable if you cling to life that much.
At times I have to think about Lulu from 'The Lost Amadeus' and wish I could be that cool like Mac.
I tryed but it doesn't work for me.
At times after a long days at work I think I could not manage the way home. When I think of his Canadian trip, that helps.

Recently there was that kid, wich wasn't able to distinguesh colors.
During the color blind test my second thought was RDA.
It took a long time to soothe his mum. Thanks god I didn't mention Mr. Anderson.

So, that's me with my normal Hmmms, my English ist not getting better, sorry.
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Kti wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:13 pm
KateR wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 pm Nobody else has those frequent little moments that trigger an RDA memory?

You're perfect Kti ;)
ikoo ikoo spirit and Anderson spirit forever
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it. I’ve been keeping up with you all for quite a while, and already feel at home here.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GWhite wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 pm Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it. I’ve been keeping up with you all for quite a while, and already feel at home here.
So glad you are here on the forum! Please add your comments/thoughts/questions to any thread you want. They will be read and respected and enjoyed by all.

See you around the forum! :D :D :D
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Welcome GWhite!

So, I had another one. Last night I was watching TV and there was a scene in a store sort of like Sharper Image that involved an electric foot bath and massager, and my mind immediately jumped to my visit with RDA in Toronto.

The article I wrote from that day (in the Archives from August, 2013) didn't include this little bit, but as we were wandering through the massive underground shopping mall, we stopped first at a little booth and got smoothies. Then we came to a store something like Sharper Image, and they had sample massage chairs and foot massagers out on display for people to try. So RDA took off his shoes and socks and sat down in the massage chair and slipped his feet into the foot massager and sipped on his smoothie. I think he would have been happy to stay there for some time, in fact he even asked about buying one and having it shipped. I can't remember now if he actually did buy one, in fact I had forgotten the whole incident until the memory was triggered by TV last night. But an interesting image worth remembering. :)

Kate
Monika

Post by Monika »

Hello friends,
Unfortunately, I have no personal encounters and memories with Mr. Anderson. Like so many of you.
Nevertheless, he always manages to sneak into my thoughts and dreams. :P :oops: :oops: (Quote J. O´Neill: Hmm, I love it when that happens.") :oops: :oops: :oops:
I always have to smile when my smartphone rings.
In my mind, I then see "Mac" in front of me playing guitar. :D
You can safely guess what ringtone I have in my smartphone. :!: :?: :idea: :lol:

From Monika with love!
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Monika wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:09 am I always have to smile when my smartphone rings.
In my mind, I then see "Mac" in front of me playing guitar. :D
You can safely guess what ringtone I have in my smartphone. :!: :?: :idea: :lol:
I see what you mean , Monika . My ringtone is the opening theme of Macgyver ;) And when I open a bottle of champagne I think of Mac's answer/advice in the hot air balloon when Heidi says she can't make it pop :" It's all in the wrist " ( it's true !) .