Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Beata

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by Beata »

Then today in church the sermon used the metaphor of a potter molding clay, and of course if you have seen Window of Opportunity, you know where my mind went immediately. (Hmm... even in church??)

Kate
Funny you should mention that Kate, I sing in the choir and a song we are singing this Sunday talks about the same thing, God being the potter and we are the clay. Here is the youtube if you guys are interested, it is a nice song.

https://youtu.be/cUjUvoynGMM
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:07 pm
Monika wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:55 pm Hello
Yesterday, Donnerstag 12.09.19
An asteroid over Northern Europe. :shock:
Should have been a secret attack of the Goa`uld? :? :? :?
Please inform General Jack O`Neill and SG1 immediately!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Monika with love!
There was no asteroid impact, so clearly O'Neill and SG-1 have already made it pass through the Earth. Thanks for letting us know that they have saved the planet yet again. :lol: :lol:

I had another one yesterday. I attended a lecture at a local restaurant, and I ordered lemonade with my lunch. That triggered a memory of when I had met RDA for dinner, and I ordered a lemonade. I sort of forget what he ordered - a soft drink, I think - but he asked me, "Do you drink at all?" I said I did, but not necessarily when I will be driving home on unfamiliar winding canyon roads in the dark. Flash forward to the next time we met. He offered me something to drink, and asked specifically, "Would you like a lemonade?" What he brought was carbonated, though, probably a Sprite or something, which of course was perfectly fine. Then in Raleigh at dinner, the waitress came to take our drink orders, and RDA ordered a lemonade. I think he's come to associate me with lemonade, so I guess I now associate lemonade with him! :D

Kate
Love that story, Kate.
B
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Please inform General Jack O`Neill and SG1 immediately!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Monika with love!
There was no asteroid impact, so clearly O'Neill and SG-1 have already made it pass through the Earth. Thanks for letting us know that they have saved the planet yet again. :lol: :lol:

I had another one yesterday. I attended a lecture at a local restaurant, and I ordered lemonade with my lunch. That triggered a memory of when I had met RDA for dinner, and I ordered a lemonade. I sort of forget what he ordered - a soft drink, I think - but he asked me, "Do you drink at all?" I said I did, but not necessarily when I will be driving home on unfamiliar winding canyon roads in the dark. Flash forward to the next time we met. He offered me something to drink, and asked specifically, "Would you like a lemonade?" What he brought was carbonated, though, probably a Sprite or something, which of course was perfectly fine. Then in Raleigh at dinner, the waitress came to take our drink orders, and RDA ordered a lemonade. I think he's come to associate me with lemonade, so I guess I now associate lemonade with him! :D

Kate
My late husband seemed to think I collected little pig figures. I never collected pig anything. Every time he had to go on a business trip, or when we went on vacation, he’d make sure took time to find a new little pig figure for me. He was so proud he remembered, so I never told him I didn’t collect pigs! He’s been gone 11 years, and I still have my non-collection pig collection. Now every time I see a little pig figure, I’ll also think of you, RDA and lemonade. It’s really a thoughtful (guy) thing for him to do.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GWhite wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:41 am

From Monika with love!

Kate
My late husband seemed to think I collected little pig figures. I never collected pig anything. Every time he had to go on a business trip, or when we went on vacation, he’d make sure took time to find a new little pig figure for me. He was so proud he remembered, so I never told him I didn’t collect pigs! He’s been gone 11 years, and I still have my non-collection pig collection. Now every time I see a little pig figure, I’ll also think of you, RDA and lemonade. It’s really a thoughtful (guy) thing for him to do.
That's a cute story!
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

JackGywer wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:03 pm I always have to think about RDA when I iron our clothes. Sounds strange, but there is a logical explanation. On my ironing board, the plastic part is broken off, where you can clamp the cable from the iron. So I attach it with Duct tape every time and remove it when I'm done. So I even enjoy ironing
:mrgreen:
Well, that's ONE way to "enjoy" ironing, I guess! :) :)

I had another one last night, along the lines of "Six Degrees of Separation." (You're familiar with the game, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon?) I often end up doing that in my head. Last night was the new season of Dancing With the Stars, and one of the contestants is James Van Der Beek. Of course it made me think of the scene he did with RDA in "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23," where he (supposedly in real life) thought RDA was his father. He was a pretty good dancer, too. "Dad" would have been proud. :lol:

Along the same lines, this is not RDA related, but Stargate related... A few days ago I caught part of a Hallmark movie in which Teryl Rothery was cast as an author who gives advice on how to find the perfect man to a young woman played by Megan Markle. So, was Teryl responsible, an an odd way, for the royal wedding?? :shock:

Back to "Six Degrees," I'm working on a new page for the site that shows all the actors who have played multiple characters on MacGyver, Legend, and Stargate. It's a much bigger project than I thought when I started it! It involves capturing over 600 images of characters from the three series. I'm almost half done, and there are "degrees of separation" all over the place!!

Back to work...

Kate
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

GWhite wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:41 am He was so proud he remembered, so I never told him I didn’t collect pigs! He’s been gone 11 years, and I still have my non-collection pig collection. Now every time I see a little pig figure, I’ll also think of you, RDA and lemonade. It’s really a thoughtful (guy) thing for him to do.
That's such a sweet story! It's amazing how our minds make these connections.

So now, will lemonade make me think of pigs? :)

Kate
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

KateR wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:08 pm
GWhite wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:41 am He was so proud he remembered, so I never told him I didn’t collect pigs! He’s been gone 11 years, and I still have my non-collection pig collection. Now every time I see a little pig figure, I’ll also think of you, RDA and lemonade. It’s really a thoughtful (guy) thing for him to do.
That's such a sweet story! It's amazing how our minds make these connections.

So now, will lemonade make me think of pigs? :)

Kate
:D I don’t know. Maybe if your lemonade has piggy-shaped ice cubes?

I don’t think I’ve quite got the quote thing down yet, but I’ll get there!
MiG_Foxbat

Post by MiG_Foxbat »

That's great to see how... Human, I guess that would be the right word, RDA is! It's uncommon for actors to remain level-headed like that when they're famous... Plus, remembering details like that someone they met only once proves he's really the kind of person who does care about others around him.
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

I have a "Six Degrees of Separation" connection to MacGyver. I knew Nancy Everhard as a child. We grew up in the same small town of Wadsworth, Ohio and went to the same church. Nancy played in the episode "Log Jam".
Beth
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I have another one. I've been working on this page of actors who have appeared in multiple roles, and I am skimming through all the MacGyver episodes to capture images (while SG-1 is playing on Comet TV at the same time - talk about a time warp!)

Anyway, I got to Blow Out, and the two hoods who rob the grocery store are Steve Blalock and Vince Deadrick, but they are wearing hockey masks, so it's a challenge trying to figure out which is which. The only clue is eye color, and that remined me of another story:

Two of the SG-1 actors who appeared in multiple roles, often with a lot of makeup, are Dion Johnstone and Alex Zahara. Occasionally they appeared in the same episodes. RDA told a story about one day on the set with a lot of Unas. Dion and Alex were both made up as an Unas, and while they don't look identical, the only real clue about who is who is eye color. Dion is black, with dark eyes, and Alex is blond with blue eyes. RDA said he once had an entire conversation on the set with one of them, and didn't realize until after he walked away that he was actually talking to the "wrong" one. :lol:

This actually reminds me of another story. I learned to fist-bump from Dion and Alex. This was years ago when fist bumping was just becoming a thing. I had already met Alex, and I was introduced to Dion, both of whom were made up as an Unas. Dion held out a fist in greeting, and I thought he was just doing that because shaking hands was more difficult with claws. So I reached out to take his hand, and Alex explained that I should make a fist instead to bump against his. So I can honestly say that I learned how to fist bump from two Unases. :shock:

Kate