RDA Trivia

MacBeth

Re: RDA Trivia

Post by MacBeth »

KateR wrote:I was there when they did the press conference scene at the end of Smoke and Mirrors, and the crew just sent me in with my camera to take pictures along with the "paparazzi," but I don't think you could see me on screen. Where I do show up is in the very beginning of the episode, when Kinsey is shot. I am the last person in the crowd who shakes Senator Kinsey's hand, just before he is shot.
Kate
This is SO wonderful to know! I've read a lot of the articles etc. here, but not all of them. Thank you so much for the details!!
Caty

Post by Caty »

Thanks for your description of the events during the shooting of "Smoke and Mirrors".
You are a very lucky lady, you knew that, right? :lol: :lol: ;)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Kate, for the added information about your time on the set of "Smoke and Mirrors" and how you happened to be included in the actual scenes.

That is just very "cool" as they say. :D

I love reading your articles. They are packed with so much detailed information, they are just awesome!

So, thank you again for this "memory"...know it is one that you can't ever forget! :D :D :D
B
Anne

Post by Anne »

Mac/Jack#1fan wrote:Haha, yes! His rule of thumb was that he liked his lines to be only as long as his thumb, so they were easy to learn. :lol:

That's RDAs rule of thumb...right? ^_^
Yep, that's it, you're right :)
darling

Post by darling »

bftlovesRDA wrote:You can read all about it in the Stargate section of this website - look in the upper left corner and click on the "Feature Articles" link - then go to "On the Set - Day Two".

There is a Day one and a Day 3 of that "on the set" series (which Kate wrote - she wrote all those feature articles, BTW).

After reading those articles, not only was I so IMPRESSED and GLAD that Kate got to participate in that episode but I also admire so much RDA and his professionalism and his sense of humor as well as being in awe of all that goes into making an absolutely spectacular series like Stargate (and I am sure like MacGyver earlier on).

The hard WORK by so many, including Richard Dean Anderson both as Actor and as Exec Producer - that goes into each scene and each episode to get the finished product is just wonderfully amazing. (Thanks to Kate for relaying all the details for us in her articles).
Thank you for this information! I have to admit that I hardly know the official website. :oops: The forum I know better. And I have a problem... a time problem. :lol: Don't have the time to read much when I sit in front of my computer. Looking at pictures is much easier. :D
Caty

Post by Caty »

Yesterday I started watching the 7th season of MacGyver. I forgot a lot of it, shame on me.

But please, can anybody tell me what he did to his hair? He's a blond!!
And much more serious - what's with his eyes? They look so light, not the usual chocolate brown but almost hazel :evil:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

They started adding streaks and lightening his hair in S2, and it just got worse and worse. He pretty much let them do whatever they wanted with his hair -- I asked him about it at the first Gatecon he attended, in the Q&A. They didn't like the dark brown in the first season (they had a very rude term for it), and then it just kept going and going.

I think the lighter eyes in the last two seasons are caused by contact lenses.

Another fun moment from Gatecon: Amanda Tapping made an unannounced surprise visit on the last day, and the two of them were incredibly cute together on stage! She now has dark brown hair, of course. One of her comments to him was "You're so pretty." He grinned and thanked her and said, "You used be blonde . . . (softer voice) . . . so did I."

Jemster

Post by Jemster »

KateR wrote:
I was there when they did the press conference scene at the end of Smoke and Mirrors, and the crew just sent me in with my camera to take pictures along with the "paparazzi," but I don't think you could see me on screen. Where I do show up is in the very beginning of the episode, when Kinsey is shot. I am the last person in the crowd who shakes Senator Kinsey's hand, just before he is shot.

Just watched it and you are so different than what I pictured (which was shorter and dark hair). Such a pretty lady! And I'm not just saying that because you run this site. No, really. ;-)

Michelle
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Darling wrote:
Thank you for this information! I have to admit that I hardly know the official website. The forum I know better. And I have a problem... a time problem. Don't have the time to read much when I sit in front of my computer. Looking at pictures is much easier.
Understand the time problem----and the pictures here as the number ONE fun.

So no problem. Glad you are here - and you are a very lucky person to have been able to HUG RDA - (speaking of drool bucket - how did you keep from melting?)

MacBeth - THANKS FOR THE GRAPHIC and the description of when Amanda Tapping made a surprise visit and what was said then. LOVE IT! You are very fortunate to have witnessed that lovely couple together on stage being cute together...and funny!
B
darling

Post by darling »

bftlovesRDA wrote:So no problem. Glad you are here - and you are a very lucky person to have been able to HUG RDA - (speaking of drool bucket - how did you keep from melting?)
My brain melted! :D
But I didn't realize because after that hug I tumbled away and needed all my concentration to keep my legs moving! :lol: