RDA Trivia

Anne

Re: RDA Trivia

Post by Anne »

I'll try. My hubby is going to give me his camera and he suggested to film rather than take pics - and then make caps from the video. I will see what works out best for me. I'm still learning to work with his camera. It has a very cool zoom. If I manage to take good pics, Beth can certainly LOL them "g"
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Anne wrote:I'll try. My hubby is going to give me his camera and he suggested to film rather than take pics - and then make caps from the video. I will see what works out best for me. I'm still learning to work with his camera. It has a very cool zoom. If I manage to take good pics, Beth can certainly LOL them "g"
Just a little suggestion. You might want to get one of those small little tripods to steady the camera, especially if you're taking in low light. It will make all the difference. What kind of camera is it if you don't mind me asking?
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

MacBeth wrote:
Not only does RDA fidget generally -- he fiddles with whatever is around. You can see it all the time in MacGyver and Stargate! He was fiddling with his microphone on stage at Gatecon, and at one point pretended to shave with it, which gave me the inspiration for both LOLs.
I've noticed that too.I remember watching a video when he was in Australia and was being interviewed .He kept fiddling with a pen and apparently it got on the journalist's nerves ( because of the noise I suppose) and he asked him very abruptly to stop .RDA apologised (!) but here's the funny part .On Youtube there are always commentaries and a fan addressed the journalist saying 'how dare you ask MacGyver/RDA to stop fiddling with his pen , you *...?'(I don't remember the exact words but you follow the general idea ;))
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

tvero80 wrote:I've noticed that too.I remember watching a video when he was in Australia and was being interviewed .He kept fiddling with a pen and apparently it got on the journalist's nerves ( because of the noise I suppose) and he asked him very abruptly to stop .
I know the interview your talking about, its this one "MacGyver In Australia" http://youtu.be/fprdhyUr510

I thought that was incredibly rude of the interviewer to say to him. I have to be honest, I didn't even hear the pen clicking until the interviewer mentioned it :shock: I think RDA gets nervous, and so he fiddles with things to make him.... not so nervous! Lol, plus, he is just fidgety anyway. :D I also think he was embarrassed when the interviewer asked him to stop, and that made me mad :x DON'T EMBARRASS HIM! :x I thought RDA was totally fine playing with the pen :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I agree with you entirely Mac/Jack#1fan .

What's more, he was asking the same old questions RDA has been asked for years,he must have been bored to tears...

Silly man !!!
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

tvero80 wrote:I agree with you entirely Mac/Jack#1fan .

What's more, he was asking the same old questions RDA has been asked for years,he must have been bored to tears...

Silly man !!!
Also, while he was in Australia, he was asked by one of a trio of interviewers what he could do with the items they had brought him and I thought his response was great ("It's all tongue-in-cheek and all in fun but they gotta mix it up a little bit. C'mon, kids."). :D

Video:

http://www.mix.com.au/shows/clairsy-sha ... -macgyver/

Michelle
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Anne wrote:I'll try. My hubby is going to give me his camera and he suggested to film rather than take pics - and then make caps from the video. I will see what works out best for me. I'm still learning to work with his camera. It has a very cool zoom. If I manage to take good pics, Beth can certainly LOL them "g"
I've never been to FedCon and don't know what their policy is, but you may want to check and see if they allow filming. If they're like the Stargate con in Chicago, and a person is caught taping, they will ask them to stop the first time. If they keep taping they will ask them to leave.

I can't believe FedCon is only two weeks away.
If you can't say anything nice.....

darling

Post by darling »

@Anne
For your information:
FEDCON forbid filming. You are only allowed to take photos. That's because they always produce a DVD from the event. ;) And want to sell it of course.
Anne

Post by Anne »

darling wrote:@Anne
For your information:
FEDCON forbid filming. You are only allowed to take photos. That's because they always produce a DVD from the event. ;) And want to sell it of course.
Oh, great. Not. :evil: Oh, well, I'll stick to pictures then and see how they turn out :) Thanks for the head's up.
Freckles

Post by Freckles »

Hi all,

Pam you're correct with what you said. Here's the link http://www.fedcon.de/en/glossary/p/page-2.html to some info about filming and photographing if anybody is interested.

Enjoy your stay :)
Communication | Patience | Love | Light and Laughters