Fires in CA.

banlu

Re: Fires in CA.

Post by banlu »

Was watching news reports of the fire on Youtube when this vlog came up

WOOLSEY MALIBU FIRE OBLITERATES PT DUME - FIREBALL MALIBU VLOG 863

This is what RDA is seeing when he drives around Point Dume :shock: :cry:

I just noticed... was this fire named for Richard Woolsey?

banlu
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

THANK you for that link. It is just so heartbreaking to see what's left after these fires have come roaring through.

Richard is truly blessed that his house is still standing but it has got to be so tough with no electricity, no hot water, no phone service.

HE CONTINUES TO NEED OUR PRAYERS! I know he wants to go to the Dutch Comicon but I don't see how he is going to be able to go. I hope so much that he CAN go....I just don't see how he can leave things as they are.

Just saw Richard's latest update. THANK you, Richard, for these updates. So glad you could contribute all that chicken to the neighborhood food supply. I know the chicken cookers were grateful for your donation....but am sorry it is because you have no refrigeration. This is just horrible! Still so grateful for your house being spared and you and your dogs being okay. Praying for the day when your electricity, hot water, refrigeration are all back but do not have any idea when that will happen. I don't see how you are living under these conditions. But know you are a trooper. God bless and keep you and all those in your neighborhood and surrounding area.
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thanks for the link banlu it truly was heartbreaking to watch. I continue to pray for all in Malibu and especially Rick and his dogs. He is a hero too.

It is true that no matter how rich all those people are, no one deserves such devastation to their homes. The right words are hard to come by, to express the sadness.

Unbelievable how quiet the town was and no cars on the streets except burned and melted ones. I can't begin to imagine how RDA must feel, but happy to hear about his generosity, we really do take so much for granted. Tragedy can strike at any moment and we need to count all our blessings every day we wake.

I agree he probably should not attend the DDCC, he must be exhausted and the conventions wear him out when things are going well, I hope he makes the right decision.

Take care of yourself Richard.
love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Latest update :

Woolsey Fire
96,949 acres burned
91 percent contained
3 fatalities confirmed
1,452 structures destroyed, 337 damaged
Full containment expected Nov. 22
ttrana

Post by ttrana »

Now that RDA got through these fires is there danger of landslides, flooding, if it rains in one way will be a blessing but more concern again.Thoughts and Prayers again for everyone.
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Any news about the fires ?
Any news about mister Richard Dean Anderson ?
The situation was so serious. I read that he will try anyway to travel to the Dutch ComicCon ...
Because of the "yellows vests' revolution" in France.... the journalists don't report most of information about anything else...
Have a nice day to every one
Courage and prayers to the Californian people, Neighbours and Mister Richard Dean Anderson of course
AmigadeVenezuela

Post by AmigadeVenezuela »

I've checked a few sites. It's raining now and there is a threat of flooding. When trees and other brush are gone and ash covering the ground there is nothing to absorb the rain. They have a long road ahead. Fires swept through Gatlinburg TN, I could see them from my house, in 2016. Clean up is finally done and a lot of rebuilding has been completed. It takes awhile. Praying for all that have been affected in CA.
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Thank you for the news...
Very bad for the rain....
Again and again prayers and prayers
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

The Pacific Coast Highway is shut down near Point Dume due to mudslides. No surprise since I think that is the area where the wildfires crossed the PCH. I hope that is not near RDA's house!

https://deadline.com/2019/01/malibu-mud ... 202529518/
Barbara
uniquelyjas

Post by uniquelyjas »

I was thinking the same thing BabaraB!