Fires in CA.

Tumbleweedbooks

Re: Fires in CA.

Post by Tumbleweedbooks »

Glad and relieved Richard is okay and his home spared. Touched by his kindness to the fire fighters, at considerable risk. Just be be Iron Range heritage showing. Well done.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:02 am THANK GOD Rick has finally sent us his good news that he and his dogs are OK, and that his house, although it was in the path of the fires, is safe. This is really a miracle. Of course it is so sad for all these people that have lost their homes, and even worse for those that have lost their lives or are missing. It is really devastating. (We have experienced the same tragedy in an area in Greece three months ago, in July, when a 100 people died and lots of others lost their homes due to the horrible fires). Our thoughts and prayers are with all these people, hoping that this nightmare will soon come to an end.
Thank you Kate for sending us this latest update with the good news from Rick. That was a relief. And a big thank you to Rick for letting his fans know with his situation, and also a big hug to our man for once again being so generous, caring, helpful and always there for those in need. A sweet man with a heart of gold. WE LOVE YOU RICK.
We need to keep praying for Rick and his dogs and his home and his relatives in the area. I have read that Malibu is still under mandatory evacuation orders. https://www.211la.org/fire
B
Lis

Post by Lis »

Als ich mir die Videos angeschaut habe sind mir die Tränen gekommen.
Hier ist der Link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuE6Ho ... EQkZ4riHiA
So viel Zerstörung das ist richtig horrorhaft.
Meine Gedanken sind bei denen die alles verloren haben, ob sie Reich oder Arm sind.
Häuser und Möbel kann man ersetzen aber hat mal einer daran was mit den
alten Erinnerungen wie Fotos, Videos, Sachen die man aufgehoben hat von den Eltern und den Kindern, Akten, Awards und Schmuck?
Das sind die wahren Verluste die niemand ersetzen kann.
Familienmitglieder die man verloren hat kann man auch nicht einfach mal so ersetzen.
Ich wünsche allen die Kraft für einen Neuanfang.
Jeder sollte täglich eine Kerze für die Menschen in Kalifornien anzünden.
Sorry aber mein Englisch ist so miserabel das ich dass lieber auf Deutsch schreibe. Vielleicht kann es jemand auf Englisch übersetzen.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Lis = thank you for your comments and the videos. They also bring tears to my eyes. totally agree with everything you say.

Here is a translation from google translate:

When I looked at the videos tears came to me.
Here is the link
So much destruction that's really horrific.
My thoughts are with those who have lost everything, whether they are rich or poor.
You can replace houses and furniture, but you have something with them
old memories like photos, videos, things that have been picked up by parents and children, files, awards and jewelry?
These are the true losses nobody can replace.
You can not simply replace family members you've lost.
I wish everyone the strength for a new beginning.
Everyone should light a candle daily for the people of California every day.
Sorry but my English is so miserable that I prefer to write in German. Maybe someone can translate it into English.
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Lots of love,

Lies

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Lis wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:37 am Als ich mir die Videos angeschaut habe sind mir die Tränen gekommen.
Hier ist der Link
So viel Zerstörung das ist richtig horrorhaft.
Meine Gedanken sind bei denen die alles verloren haben, ob sie Reich oder Arm sind.
Häuser und Möbel kann man ersetzen aber hat mal einer daran was mit den
alten Erinnerungen wie Fotos, Videos, Sachen die man aufgehoben hat von den Eltern und den Kindern, Akten, Awards und Schmuck?
Das sind die wahren Verluste die niemand ersetzen kann.
Familienmitglieder die man verloren hat kann man auch nicht einfach mal so ersetzen.
Ich wünsche allen die Kraft für einen Neuanfang.
Jeder sollte täglich eine Kerze für die Menschen in Kalifornien anzünden.
Sorry aber mein Englisch ist so miserabel das ich dass lieber auf Deutsch schreibe. Vielleicht kann es jemand auf Englisch übersetzen.

Hallo Lis, hier ist die Übersetzung. Ich hab'mein Best gemacht, da ich von deutsch nach englisch übersetzt habe, aber keine von beide Sprachen ist meine Muttersprache.

Here the translation for the Lis' message. Sorry for the mistakes

"When I saw the videos, I just have cried.
Here is the website ...
All these destructions are so horrible.
I send my thoughts to the persons who all have lost, whatever they are rich or poor.
It is always possible to replace houses or objects. But it is of course difficult to replace a house with memories, photos, videos, things that belong to the parents or to the kids
That is the real lost that nothing can take place.
Family members who were past away or were lost, that is not possible to change or replace.
I wish all my courage and force for a new beginning.
Anyone would light up candles every day in hommage of the people of California
Lis"

I just want to say, i am in California in holidays since monday, the 5th November. We have visited hollywood, santa monica, venice beach,...etc...
We have traveled near from Malibu.
As the fires began, we were not so far away. The fires are so huge that the place where we were was totally under smog. We have difficulty to breathe....
I watch the news each day now.
We have to return in LA friday....
I send all my force and my courage to all the people of California.

If it is possible to make something (collect money) with all fans, i will do

Best regards
Karine
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

I have not been really present on the forum this weekend but I really kept informed of the situation as it was evolving.
I really worried for Rick and all the people of the area.

Thankfully he and the dogs (and the house) are okay, but I am a little mad that he stayed home, it could have turned really bad....
Of course he thought about helping others before his own safety, as he always has.
I'm kinda glad I didn't know, otherwise I would have been sooo worried!! What a nightmare it must have been! Fire is my biggest fear.

I hope the fire will be contained soon, that everyone will be safe and all the people affected will be able to rebuild soon.
ttrana

Post by ttrana »

Once again I just saw on the news that the Fire in Malibu in some areas has started up again, Everybody there needs our Prayers. I hope when he Can RDA will keep us posted. I’m sure along with everyone else he is exhausted and worried and trying to help where he can. I’m disappointed he has stayed there too but he’s doing what he thinks is right.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Prayers for his safety, his dogs' safety, the protection for his house, his relatives' safety, and for all in the path of this renewed fire in Malibu to be delivered from harm.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Any news ? This is what I've just found but I don't know if it's true :

Evacuation orders finally lifting in Malibu, sheriff calls devastation ‘heart-breaking’
The blaze, which has singed more than 97,000 acres, from beaches to the Valley, is now 47 percent contained.
By Jenna Chandler@jennakchandler Updated Nov 14, 2018, 10:27am PST