My RDA Experience

lesliekretchmar

Re: My RDA Experience

Post by lesliekretchmar »

Wonderful story, Susan, and wonderful!!! pictures!!! I ordered an autographed picture from Legends, also, in October and received it in February after I received one email from Paul Brown saying he couldn't do anything about it in December because he'd be in Europe. So, I waited until January and emailed him, again, with no reply. He did reply in February and sent me my photo after I submitted a claim to Paypal. I know he's very busy, but RDA and Sea Shepherd are his "clients". Goodness! He should have a helper ;)
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

There have been too many incidents like this, which is why RDA suggested I remove the link to Legends from my website.

Kate
Irina

Post by Irina »

KateR wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:40 pm There have been too many incidents like this, which is why RDA suggested I remove the link to Legends from my website.

Kate
Does this mean that I will not be able to order an RDA autograph from the Legends site in the future? :( :(
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
Lillydivine

Post by Lillydivine »

Leslie, I'm glad you finally got your picture too. :)
He should never have taken that long.

Kate, it's majorly sad that it's come down to this because of a dishonest man. His website is down for now though.
If they breathe, they live.
If they live, they feel.
If they feel, they love.
If they love, they are aware.
If they are aware, they have a soul.

Thank you Irina!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Irina wrote: Does this mean that I will not be able to order an RDA autograph from the Legends site in the future? :( :(
That's up to RDA. As long as he is willing to sign pictures for Legends to sell, I imagine you would be able to buy them. I don't know if anything has changed in that respect, nor do I know why the Legends site has shut down, although it's not the first time the Legends site has closed without explanation for months and months at a time.

The concern is that the link from my site to Legends gives the impression that they are both part of the same site and that RDA somehow shares responsibility for the sales made there. There have been too many incidents of people waiting for months for their purchases to arrive without any sort of response to their inquiries about the status of their orders. I get emails from frustrated customers demanding that I, or that RDA, do something about the outstanding order from "your" site, and I must try to explain each time that Legends is a separate entity and neither RDA nor I have any control over purchases made there.

So, at least for the time being, RDA has suggested that I take the link down.

Kate
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

KateR wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:25 am
Irina wrote: Does this mean that I will not be able to order an RDA autograph from the Legends site in the future? :( :(
That's up to RDA. As long as he is willing to sign pictures for Legends to sell, I imagine you would be able to buy them. I don't know if anything has changed in that respect, nor do I know why the Legends site has shut down, although it's not the first time the Legends site has closed without explanation for months and months at a time.

The concern is that the link from my site to Legends gives the impression that they are both part of the same site and that RDA somehow shares responsibility for the sales made there. There have been too many incidents of people waiting for months for their purchases to arrive without any sort of response to their inquiries about the status of their orders. I get emails from frustrated customers demanding that I, or that RDA, do something about the outstanding order from "your" site, and I must try to explain each time that Legends is a separate entity and neither RDA nor I have any control over purchases made there.

Kate
I wouldnt touch that site anyway..If i ever wanted RDA s autograph i will get one myself from the man himself....he does plenty of appearances to get one :)
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

why do my comments keep disappearing? I am not posting anything nasty..never would :?
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

louby1980 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:47 pm why do my comments keep disappearing? I am not posting anything nasty..never would :?
What are you thinking is disappearing? I haven't noticed anything unusual.

Kate
Irina

Post by Irina »

KateR wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:25 am

Kate
Thanks Kate, for explaining the situation! I still want an autograph, but besides the Legends website I do not know where to get it ... :( I hope they will not be very slow in delivery... :?
Paul Brown said thay are in the process of transferring the LEGENDSCANADA website to a new hosting service... :? :roll:
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
Anne

Post by Anne »

Well, while I have first hand experience with Paul's slow progress in delivering autographs and while I take most of what he says with a grain of salt, I have to say that I've always received items I paid for without having to run after him. It does sometimes take long, especially if items like the Legend DVDs weren't pre-signed and had to be signed by John and RDA. Or the Paris book which was personalized etc.

I don't know why ppl have to wait for months and I am not saying it's ok if they have to, but as far as I know there has been a change in running Legends last year and if I remember it right Paul has handed part of the shop running over to one of his daughters. He's undergone severe medical issues last year which took a long time to recover from. I don't know if any of this plays into the delays or not and I think it would be helpful if Legend would communicate more with the fans or put regular updates on the website or reply to questions etc. What I really don't get is why ppl would think that Legends is connected to Kate just because the link is on her site? It's pretty clear imho that Legend is a multi-fandom website for auctions and merchandise and not connected to the RDA website even if it sells RDA autographs and has the connection to RDA in the way that RDA is working with Paul.
Maybe instead of removing the link, Kate could add a note to it telling ppl that she is in no way responsible or connected to Legends Canada.
Legends is very unique because they sell props from the shows and beautiful artwork/jewelery and are connected to Sea Shepherd. Despite my personal issues with Paul I hope the shop stays around because it's one last place where you can find real RDA autographs and lovely merchandise of a more valueablw kind than the stuff you can buy all over the net.