Super Mega Fest in Boston area

JacksGirl1990

Re: Super Mega Fest in Boston area

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Thanks to my friends R.W. Martin and Jen Schwarzenberg for uploading this to YouTube. I have my other good friend Ryan H. Nixon working on his version of his own video he got as well, but I've been having loads of people asking about this. So here's the video of me meeting the one and only Richard Dean Anderson. I was awake for 32 hours at this point, missed my flight, was late getting there, had not eaten, and my voice was hoarse from lack of sleep. I was a bundle of nerves! Between lack of sleep, horrible experience at O'Hare, being late, rushing to get into the con, not taking a final photo of my painting, waiting 20 years to meet my life long hero/crush/idol, I couldn't contain the tears of how much that whole experience meant to me. Can't wait to see my friend Ryan's cut cause he actually got the close up view since he was sitting right next to me lol

Btw he said "I'm sorry" after I said I was from KCMO. Some people said they couldn't make out why he said sorry.

https://youtu.be/3hxvVSbydV4
"Maybourne you're an idiot everyday of the week! Couldn't you take one day off?" - Sam
"YOU RAT BASTARD! I'M SO GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!" - Jack
"Are you kidding me? Teal'c is the deepest person I know!" - Daniel
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

What a wonderful moment for you. ♥ ♥ ♥
If you can't say anything nice.....

Heltihès

Post by Heltihès »

:shock: Thank you so much for sharing this moment with us ! :mrgreen:

He has the best reaction ever ! So adorable ! I understand why you cried : just watching this video brought tears to my eyes ! :'-)
It is so cool that you have a video of this special moment. ^^

PS : I did not understand what he said at the end : something about the stairs ? A joke about his recent fall I guess ....
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

JacksGirl1990 wrote:Thanks to my friends R.W. Martin and Jen Schwarzenberg for uploading this to YouTube. I have my other good friend Ryan H. Nixon working on his version of his own video he got as well, but I've been having loads of people asking about this. So here's the video of me meeting the one and only Richard Dean Anderson. I was awake for 32 hours at this point, missed my flight, was late getting there, had not eaten, and my voice was hoarse from lack of sleep. I was a bundle of nerves! Between lack of sleep, horrible experience at O'Hare, being late, rushing to get into the con, not taking a final photo of my painting, waiting 20 years to meet my life long hero/crush/idol, I couldn't contain the tears of how much that whole experience meant to me. Can't wait to see my friend Ryan's cut cause he actually got the close up view since he was sitting right next to me lol

Btw he said "I'm sorry" after I said I was from KCMO. Some people said they couldn't make out why he said sorry.

https://youtu.be/3hxvVSbydV4
Thanks for sharing this video Jen .Great,very moving memory for you . "I'm sorry" is simply his sense of humour that's all. As if it was a problem to come from KCMO. Which isn't of course .;)
At the end he talks about stairs "big stairs , but going up no problem". You're right Heltihès ,it's a reference to his fall ,going down small stairs...
JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Oh I knew he was joking when he said "I'm sorry" lol I love his sense of humor, I kinda learned some of it over the years so my jokes, and silliness is similar to his. He is just adorable I love it!

Idk whether to describe him as a big ol' teddy bear, or adorable puppy.... probably both lol He just lights up the room. Its cute too to watch him during Q&As cause his fidgets a lot. I'm sure it's nerves, but I find it so cute :lol:

Yeah stairs part I believe he said "There's one set of stairs. Going up no problem, going down...eh" I like how he can fill silence with a joke, or a good comment. Rick is just an amazing person. You can't say enough good things about him...he probably thinks we are all silly for fawning over him like this haha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to get the Kansas City Planet Comicon to get him here at the end of April. Hoping since he has family here as well that it might make it easier for him to visit. One can only hope :) I asked to be one of the handlers too if we manage to get him. It be lovely to work with him :oops:
"Maybourne you're an idiot everyday of the week! Couldn't you take one day off?" - Sam
"YOU RAT BASTARD! I'M SO GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!" - Jack
"Are you kidding me? Teal'c is the deepest person I know!" - Daniel
Heltihès

Post by Heltihès »

tvero80 wrote: At the end he talks about stairs "big stairs , but going up no problem". You're right Heltihès ,it's a reference to his fall ,going down small stairs...
JacksGirl1990 wrote: Yeah stairs part I believe he said "There's one set of stairs. Going up no problem, going down...eh" I like how he can fill silence with a joke, or a good comment.
Oh ok, thank you :)
K9mom

Post by K9mom »

Yes, he was great. What a wonderful weekend, I miss it already! I was sitting a few rows in front of the person filming that, lol. Yes, he fidgets, moves, rocks, and plays with the mic, it's all cute. ;)
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Thank you for sharing the video Jen! :D It is wonderful that the beautiful moment was recorded!! I am so happy for you! :D 8-) 8-)
Caty

Post by Caty »

Wonderful moment for you, Jen!
Thanks for sharing it.
I all can imagine what it meant to you, for that I'm sure!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Jen for this wonderful video and your precious moments with THE MAN. Definitely, beautiful memories to treasure for a lifetime.