Re: Super Mega Fest in Boston area

Post by Annelies »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Hey there :) My name is Jen. I'm from KC,MO.

I've been following the forums for years now but never made an account till now.

I got to meet Rick this last weekend as well. In fact I'm actually the one that painted the picture of his dogs Whiskey, Zoe, and Andy. I sadly forgot to take a picture of the finished project because I was in a hurry to get it done, wrap it up, and get to the convention. I was awake for 40 hours finishing the painting, and trying to get to Boston. I missed my flight in Chicago on Sat so I got to the con panel late so I was stoked that you got his intro to the Q&A. My buddy got on video of me giving Rick the painting (also the part when I started to cry from meeting him). He gave me the biggest hug, and a slight kiss on the cheek before he broke off...best moment of my life...

Ive been waiting 20 years to meet him (I'm 26 and saw him on TV on Macgyver reruns when I was 6 and fell in love, I really went head over heels when he played Jack). So when that moment finally came I couldn't help but cry. Rick has played a major part in my life. I have PTSD, among other issues that has made it hard to continue thru life, and Rick was always the one I envisioned/dreamed about saving me from my episodes by pulling me in for a tight hug. So when that actually happened after having the worst day of traveling and scarce that I may not get to meet him at all (because I had only paid for a Sat ticket and was supposed to head back home at 5am) I just lost it. My chest felt like it was broken because of the overwhelming emotions hitting me all at once. A dream, desire, a need actually turned into a reality.

I'm rambling. Any hoots! I did get a picture of the painting right before I added in the highlights on the dogs. They look fat and fluffy but its only because they don't have the highlights. I'm hoping Rick puts a picture of it up soon. I also wrote him a 4 page letter that I pray he reads. Oh! I also got a copy of his and I's photo together, that when I was walking by his booth, I asked his handler Mark to give him the copy after I signed it. So Rick got his own lil VIP package from me in a sense lol

I hope he writes back as I put all my contact info in the letter, but I'm probably guessing with how many fan letters he got this weekend he probably won't get around to reading it :( He did LOVE the painting tho and showed the whole crowd, then later at the autograph signing the next day (got my flight changed so I could stay an extra day and actually take advantage of my VIP package), he told me how his family was huddled over it and just loved it. I did see after the Q&A I peeked around the corner, after one of his handlers told me that they were hovering over my painting, I saw Wylie, Apryl, her daughter (who's name i do not know), and Rick all around the table looking at it....I didn't get to meet them tho, but I did wave to Wylie from a fair distance away but she either didn't see me or know what to do. I wish they would have called me over to tell me what they thought....and I didn't see Rick take his shirt off!!! No fair!!! Lol

All I can say is there isn't enough kind words to say about this man. He was a real sweetheart and broke the 'hugging' rules for me at the autograph session. I wish I could say more from the weekend but right now it just feels like a dream. I also saw Paul Brown there and he was standoffish, and didnt seem very friendly to me, but I'm not going to judge the man since I didnt talk to him. Just naming the vibe I got. Rick tho...everything I could imagine. It went by so quick but every time I got a hug from Rick...it was like he was taking years of pain away from me. He has been my best friend for all these years, just wish I was actually friends with the man so I wouldn't sound crazy for saying that. Anyways here's the pictures I got :)

Lots of love,
Jen
"Maybourne you're an idiot everyday of the week! Couldn't you take one day off?" - Sam
"YOU RAT BASTARD! I'M SO GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!" - Jack
"Are you kidding me? Teal'c is the deepest person I know!" - Daniel
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jen, your post is very heartwarming and wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to tell us everything you have posted about your experience at the Megafest. Am so very glad you got to attend and take your magnificent picture of Rick's dogs to him and to receive hugs from him. I hope he reads your letter also - but isn't it neat that he really seemed to enjoy the picture of the dogs???? I'm a lot older than you, but I feel the same way about RDA as you do....he is THE BEST! Thank you again for your story and for the picture of the dogs and for sharing all this with us. You will never forget this experience! So glad you got to go.
B
JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Jen, your post is very heartwarming and wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to tell us everything you have posted about your experience at the Megafest. Am so very glad you got to attend and take your magnificent picture of Rick's dogs to him and to receive hugs from him. I hope he reads your letter also - but isn't it neat that he really seemed to enjoy the picture of the dogs???? I'm a lot older than you, but I feel the same way about RDA as you do....he is THE BEST! Thank you again for your story and for the picture of the dogs and for sharing all this with us. You will never forget this experience! So glad you got to go.
It was quite amazing the amount of boasting he did about it, and then to recognize me the next day at the autograph signing. Meeting him then was a bit awkward I wasn't sure what to talk about with only like a minute or two of his time. I would have given him my life story if I could lol The picture with him giving me a bear hug from behind is the retake photo that I got a copy of. The one with my hair in my face is the one when I was 40 hours without sleep, puffy from crying, and no makeup haha Thankfully the photographer let me get a free retake. I used up every dime of my babysitting money to get there and to get the VIP package because I cannot work due to medical and I'm waiting to see if I get disability. I told Rick this and he was like "why are you telling me this. Bless your heart. Youre a sweet heart." As I was leaving the curtained area I asked for the hug and he looked for security and was like "uh uh uh...erm..ok fine come here" lol he didn't stand up or anything but I gave him this awkward sideways hug and according to my friend Ryan, my radio antenna went up his nose and hit him in the teeth. I didn't hurt him further I swear lol My buddy says that he made a strange "omg it's in my nose" kinda face but then laughed about it I didn't see that tho lol but as I was leaving I went to go shake his hand but he didn't put out the right hand instead we just kinda grabbed hands awkwardly (seems to be a lot of awkward moments with Rick lol) and i said "thank you so much. This meant a lot to me" and while he was holding my hand he did that cute little Jack O'Neill grin and was like "thank you sweetheart" and i damn near melted. He also told me to keep painting, that I was an amazing artist, and I said I actually want to get into acting and he gave me this look of "ehhh ermm...I wouldn't " and I was like "Ok fine! Set design" his face changed and he was like "Thats better!" Lmao.... I'm still going to try acting haha

Thanks btw for listening to all this :) it's definitely not a day I will forget. I've been sleeping with his and I's photo on the other side of my bed haha....don't judge me >_>
"Maybourne you're an idiot everyday of the week! Couldn't you take one day off?" - Sam
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Hi Jen, I'm almost speechless after reading your post! it is indeed heartwarming and beautiful. I truly am glad you got to meet him, and that your hopes and dreams have finally came true. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and your pictures with us. BTW, your painting is absolutely amazing.. :)
JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Cindy61 wrote:Hi Jen, I'm almost speechless after reading your post! it is indeed heartwarming and beautiful. I truly am glad you got to meet him, and that your hopes and dreams have finally came true. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and your pictures with us. BTW, your painting is absolutely amazing.. :)
Thank you so much!!! <3 I didn't find it my best work but for only working on it for 2 days it was the best I could do. Rick loved it so I guess it was good enough lol Not many people know that dogs are his favorite people
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Found a short clip on youtube of the panel. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRtu_706HgA
JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Cindy61 wrote:Found a short clip on youtube of the panel. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRtu_706HgA
That was my buddy R.W. He dressed up as Macgyver and he made the rocket that Mac used to take down the sister rocket by using their heat seeking tracking against them. Don't hate me but I cannot remember the episode name. Any hoots, he did a very good job of making it. Hw even got a picture of him and Rick together. I will grab a screen shot of it off his FB real quick. Nice find Cindy :)

Jen
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Hi Jen.
I really loved your report about your great great great time with RDA. Also your pictures are very nice, you look SO HAPPY. Even the one with your hair in your face is very nice, you don*t look bad at all, despite no sleep, no make up etc- . :lol:
Thank you so much for sharing.

Big compliment for your picture with the dogs, great work, and no wonder RDA did like it. And that you have done it in only 2 days....really cool.

I hope, this great experience gives you the strength to deal further with your health problems and helps you to go on.

Don't give up! Never! :P

Also welcome to this forum. I've been here not so long for myself and I feel very comfortable here with all the fellow fans and I think we are like a big family. So I hope to find many many posts of your around here in future. (Hope that English wasn't that bad, English is not my mother language,I better understand than write it, but I practice).

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
K9mom

Post by K9mom »

Jen -
That painting of the dogs was awesome. I was up front but my mom was in the back and saw it up close and mentioned how great it was so I am glad you posted the photo. It was very cute when he went back there and you handed it but then broke down and he moved in to give you a nice tight hug (I was a little jealous, lol!). But as a dog owner myself, I knew it obviously meant a lot to you to do that for him and it made me tear up. Wish we knew each other before then, would have loved to meet you. I have no doubt that painting will be hanging in his house where he can see it.

Sorry you had such a problem getting there but happy it worked out and you got to meet the man too. He didn't let us down, did he. ;)