Super Mega Fest in Boston area

JacksGirl1990

Re: Super Mega Fest in Boston area

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Thank you both for the kind words :) I feel like a stole a bit of everyone's time when he gave me a hug (and a small peck on the cheek...yes I was stunned and my heart skipped a beat). I would have loved to have met you too!!! You should have come up to say hi lol I promise I don't cry among meeting everyone haha! Rick was literally my only friend all thru middle school, parts of Jr. High and high school. Sometimes also the father figure I wish I had since my father was highly abusive. Then he was also the dream guy I wish I always had...lots of roles did he play for me. So when I fell in love with him when I was 6 (which is the age I was multiply raped by my nextdoor neighbor) he was my hero. Thru out my short 20 years he has always been there for me. I broke down because I was tired, overwhelmed, and stunned that he was everything I dreamed of...even if he was a bit older haha The man is truly amazing and i wish everyone could meet him. His hugs were pure love. Wish I was older that's all I can say haha Sorry for the drama talk haha

Jen

Thanks again ladies, and gents for your kind words :)
"Maybourne you're an idiot everyday of the week! Couldn't you take one day off?" - Sam
"YOU RAT BASTARD! I'M SO GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!" - Jack
"Are you kidding me? Teal'c is the deepest person I know!" - Daniel
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jen, you have been through a lot in your life. Which is another reason I am so glad you got to see and hug and give your painting to RDA! How wonderful are your descriptions of your meeting with him. Know you will never forget this event and I hope he will read your letter too. Know it was heartfelt. Thank you again for your report and keep the faith!
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

Hi Jen,

I can relate to your story. I had an abusive, lonely childhood too, and RDA's shows--especially reruns of MacGyver--helped me survive. He was also my "dream man" and brother/father figure. I know that sounds weird that he could be all those things to me, and maybe it is strange to have a crush on someone who is old enough to be my father ( :lol: ), but I still love the man for all the same reasons you described. :)

I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience, and welcome to the forum! :D
K9mom

Post by K9mom »

Jen -
I am sure you were tired after that trip, glad it worked out for you and no worry, I was happy he spent the time with you after giving him such a wonderful gift! As for Marc (if that's his name), he handler, funny you mentioned him because he looked SO familiar to me and was quite bubbly. Anyone know where I would know him from??
shirleyd0324

Post by shirleyd0324 »

Jen, it was a pleasure to meet you. I'm Shirley, we were in line together for the photo op Sunday. I thought you were your friends daughter ;-) .I'm glad it was a great experience for you. It was a great painting,
This was a dream come true. I started following Rick from GENERAL HOSPITAL in the 70's, fell in love in the 80's with MacGyver and the 90's with Jack O'Neil. I'm very grateful that he was as nice as he was. When I was talking to Mark, his assistant, later he told me Rick doesn't always get why people respond the way they do. I had to get another photo Sunday because the one from Saturday had me crying as I met him. It was truly an experience I will not soon forget. Hopefully we will find him in the spring or again next fall back in New England.
yolie

Post by yolie »

Welcome Jen to our forum and am sure you will like this website since Rick gives his support to
Kate R. for its materials she has added. Am so glad you had a great time at the conv. and was able
to Meet Rick, The Man. He truly is a terrific person.
Am so sorry for the things that happened to you and hope the you continue your painting and that Rick
has added to a more positive energy to your life for the better. Again welcome aboard to this website. :D :D
JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

K9mom wrote:Jen -
I am sure you were tired after that trip, glad it worked out for you and no worry, I was happy he spent the time with you after giving him such a wonderful gift! As for Marc (if that's his name), he handler, funny you mentioned him because he looked SO familiar to me and was quite bubbly. Anyone know where I would know him from??
Yup his name was Mark :) Paul knows him. He mentioned them in a thank you post on his Facebook wall. Mark was very nice. I actually got to talking to Paul on Facebook and he is actually a very nice person :) Looks can be deceiving they always say! That and I'm sure he was pretty wrapped up in trying to make the whole convention work when it came to Rick. I feel bad for getting the wrong impression about the dude.
"Maybourne you're an idiot everyday of the week! Couldn't you take one day off?" - Sam
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

JacksGirl1990 wrote: I actually got to talking to Paul on Facebook and he is actually a very nice person :) Looks can be deceiving they always say! That and I'm sure he was pretty wrapped up in trying to make the whole convention work when it came to Rick. I feel bad for getting the wrong impression about the dude.
Don't feel too bad about it .Looks are not always deceiving...
CMac

Post by CMac »

He doesn't always get why people respond to him the way they do? Aw...I love how humble he is about his stardom. Such a sweetheart. :oops:
JacksGirl1990

Post by JacksGirl1990 »

Lol woo hard for me to keep up with the replies! Sorry if I'm missing anyone for saying thank you for all the kind words.

Shirley! It was awesome meeting you!!! I didn't forget you lol you were fun to talk to :) I actually heard back from Mark yesterday and he did inform me that he gave Rick the copy of his an I's photo from the photo op that I signed. Said he was thrilled haha! Rick doesn't get why we all react the way we do? The man truly is humble lol He probably doesn't see what all the hullabaloo is about with him. I'm sure in his mind set he is just human like the rest of us and trying to do good in the world, all the while taking care of his daughter, and quite obviously his doggie lol I'm glad he finds the time for us fans :) That's the most you can ever get out of anyone who's been to Hollywood game and back. He still stays a humble human being, which is why I love him that much more. He didn't let fame and fortune go to his head. He didn't turn into a tyrant like most people in LA LA land do once they are exposed to that kind of element. He is real. He isn't just straight up money. Humbleness will always be highly attractive, no matter what the age ;)