What RDA Tv show/movie did you watch recently?

tvero80

Re: What RDA Tv show/movie did you watch recently?

Post by tvero80 »

Maria was supposed to be German if I remember well .So maybe the American female fans apart from wanting Mac free and 'available ' didn't want him to be' stolen' by a foreigner.Just a thought...

Didn't I tell you that I liked Nikki? Yes,I think so, many times :) (too many,actually).

Since Mike disappeared very quickly (I think she was an interesting character though,too bad...) there weren't many female recurring characters apart from Penny Parker (I won't elaborate, I said before she was too silly for me, sorry for those who liked her...).But they changed the actress playing Mike in the Widowmaker, perhaps because Patricia MacPherson didn't want to go all the way to Canada only to get killed after a few minutes? Many female actresses were Canadian .

OR maybe RDA was very pleased to meet a new girl in each new episode, if you see what I mean? ;) since he said at the time he was working non stop and had very little private life.

Back to the topic, I have just watched Fragile Balance (again) : you kept a few quotes from that ep, it's so funny,I love it.

V
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Many actresses were Canadian sorry again , that language, I can't get used to it...
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

tvero80 wrote:Maria was supposed to be German if I remember well .So maybe the American female fans apart from wanting Mac free and 'available ' didn't want him to be' stolen' by a foreigner.Just a thought...
Oh! I should mention that the fact that I don't really care for Maria has NOTHING to do with the fact that she's German! I actually really like her accent, and she was pretty :) It was her character that I didn't like.... but the actress was great :) I think it had to do with the way the character Maria was written... I think they could of done a better job with her. I would of had no problem with Mac dating or marrying a foreign woman... no problem at all. I just want the woman to nice to Mac, and not force him into conversations and commitments that he's not comfortable making, that's all ;)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Now, at the moment watching "Lost City" LOVE Jack in this one!!! :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Mac/Jack#1fan wrote: I had a hard time getting used to Mac in a mustache. ;)
Me too ;)
Mac/Jack#1fan wrote: I believe I read somewhere that RDA really liked her and was upset that she had to go.
When I watched the episode I got the feeling that he liked the actress, not just the character. I'm glad he'll meet her again in Dusseldorf.

@B In Slow Death, it seems a real train, not some special effect, so it was probably a stunt.

This afternoon I watched SG1 Smoke and Mirrors. I like investigation stories.
Claudia
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Sorry,I'm lost.Will she be in Düsseldorf too?
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Sorry, my mistake.

I checked some time ago and I saw her picture, but now there isn't. Probably I saw wrong. :oops:
Claudia
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

No problem,Claudia.What is important is that We'll meet him there :)
Mac/Jack#1fan wrote:
Oh! I should mention that the fact that I don't really care for Maria has NOTHING to do with the fact that she's German! I actually really like her accent, and she was pretty :) It was her character that I didn't like.... but the actress was great :) I think it had to do with the way the character Maria was written... I think they could of done a better job with her. I would of had no problem with Mac dating or marrying a foreign woman... no problem at all. I just want the woman to nice to Mac, and not force him into conversations and commitments that he's not comfortable making, that's all ;)
I agree with you :)

But at the time female characters could be dumped without any problem and without any explanation.That wouldn't happen today.

V
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Lies wrote:
Now, at the moment watching "Lost City" LOVE Jack in this one!!!
I love that episode too because of Jack's performance. Plus, of course, the obvious "missing Jack" actions by Sam.....as a true shipper I thought that was very good.

Thanks for posting, Lies.
B
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

tvero80 wrote:But at the time female characters could be dumped without any problem and without any explanation.That wouldn't happen today.
That's very true. Female characters in MacGyver were disposable, and there usually was no explanation. In Maria's case, there was a "sort of" reason, she was called away on assignment and apparently never came back :roll: . It was the way they chose to write her out of the script. Not the best character exit ever written... but that's what happened. :roll: Sorry, but I have to blame her abrupt exit on bad writing. I wanted her gone... but possibly in a way that had more closure for the character?