What RDA Tv show/movie did you watch recently?

bftlovesRDA

Re: What RDA Tv show/movie did you watch recently?

Post by bftlovesRDA »

ebineez01 wrote:Besides the Mac movies a few weeks ago I just watched Through the Eyes of a Killer again on the weekend.
Truly great performance by Rick especially since Ray is the complete opposite of pretty much every other character he's ever played. I know he's a psychopath - and the ending is really truly creepy - still can't help but think RDA as a carpenter is really hot! :roll: :oops:

Yes he does such a good job of being the psychopath (as creepy as that is)......and you are so right - he is very HOT in it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: He said he really worked hard to get in good shape for that movie - and you can, um, tell. HE LOOKS GREAT despite being the crazy, evil guy that he is.
B
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

Glad I'm not the only one B :lol: ;)
Oh and actually I just realised my faux pas about Ray being his only psycho character - how could I forget Bradley in Beyond Betrayal? Although he didn't have the 'serial killer' vibe that Ray did - still not a nice guy.
But darn it! I actually still really liked him! But I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the actor portraying him - he's difficult not to like no matter what he's doing
Ebi
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

Just finished Firehouse. Loved him as firefighter Michael Brooks, but such a sad ending :(
Ebi
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

ebineez01 wrote:Just finished Firehouse. Loved him as firefighter Michael Brooks, but such a sad ending :(
I love RDA in Firehouse too. And such a sad ending is right......how could they end it like that? No wonder it didn't get renewed as a series.
B
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

Oh you know funny you say that cause it felt as though it might have been a series pilot to me! But then I thought no it couldn't be - otherwise why would they kill off the biggest star (and best character) in the show!?
Ebi
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

ebineez01 wrote:Oh you know funny you say that cause it felt as though it might have been a series pilot to me! But then I thought no it couldn't be - otherwise why would they kill off the biggest star (and best character) in the show!?
Actually, it WAS a series pilot, with a different ending, of course. But they couldn't sell it, no network was interested in picking it up, and so finally the producers re-edited it as a TV movie and released it for broadcast on a basic cable channel.

Incidentally, RDA wasn't all that disappointed that it wasn't picked up. It was far too dark and melancholy a character to play day in and day out. And besides, if he were doing Firehouse, he wouldn't have been available when Stargate came along. :)

Kate
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

I did wonder if SG-1 had something to do with it, though it sounds as though it was coincidental.
And yeah the character of Michael and even the whole show in general had that dark feeling as you say Kate.
Still a good movie though :D
Ebi
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote: Incidentally, RDA wasn't all that disappointed that it wasn't picked up. It was far too dark and melancholy a character to play day in and day out. And besides, if he were doing Firehouse, he wouldn't have been available when Stargate came along. :)

Kate
So let's thank all the networks that they didn't bought it, although I liked it, too.
But I love Stargate SG1 and I love RDA in his role as Jack O'Neill.

If Kurt Russel played Jack O'Neil, I wouldn't have watched at least one season. :oops:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

Agreed Caty.
And very nice picture to prove your point :)
Ebi
Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

Netflix has Macgyver series, so watched all of it, caregiving. So, the other day when a brand new expensive box of aspercreme fell behind washer dryer, first thing i thought of was new dictionary word macgyvering... and, duct tape. I didnt rhink it would held, but golleeeee the two poles and sticky duct tape did the job. Awesome series for teaching everyone to improvise. The older i get the more such tricks save me....honest. :!: