What RDA Tv show/movie did you watch recently?

Philippa M

Re: What RDA Tv show/movie did you watch recently?

Post by Philippa M »

Anja wrote:Haven't watched the movies, I'm too tired in the evening - but I watched The Spoilers I really love the last scenes with the Husky puppy.
It's always the same: Where are my Kleenex???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have bought all series right up to series 6... I am not too keen on buying series seven because I didn't like the idea that there was no more after...

At the moment, I'm just re-discovering the series again from series one. Thing is i don't remember watching the first or second series.. but then again
this is going back 30 years ago.

Richard Dean Anderson is Macgyver! .... *my hearts duet*
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Philippa M wrote:
At the moment, I'm just re-discovering the series again from series one. Thing is i don't remember watching the first or second series.. but then again
this is going back 30 years ago.
Yes, it's nice to re-discover both MacGyver and Stargate episodes. They are "new" in different ways every time I see them. I just wish there were more to watch. :( :( :( :(
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

I watched last night "In The Eyes Of A Stranger". Love that movie. No matter how many times I've seen it, it's always like the first time. I enjoy it so much watching Rick as Jack Rourke. A sweet, honest guy who turns out to be a little "different" at the end, after getting tired of being treated with dishonesty and unfairly by his superior officers at the police department as a cop, but still, at the very end remains the same wonderful man, who despite being trapped by his own love affair, he saved the day and cleared his good name. Brilliant acting by Rick and an amazing movie which shows once again his great talent, not to mention how HOT and SEXY he is all throughout the movie.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

AMEN, Nicole! RDA is sooooooooooooooo goooooooooooood in that movie (In the Eyes of a Stranger) and, as you say, is soooooooo hot! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: It does display his acting talents in a whole new way in contrast to MacGyver and even Stargate. He plays the semi-bad guy who turns out good in the end. I just LOVE him in the Jack Rourke role. Glad you enjoy that too. Thanks for the comments and for enjoying that movie. I may have to watch it again today! :D :D :D
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Thank you also for your comments B. I'm glad you enjoy that movie as much as I do. I must admit it, it gets me crazy every time I watch it. I wonder why..... I guess, for all these reasons we both mention, and it really doesn't hurt if you feel like watching it again. Glad to hear that. And you know what? I think I'm gonna do the same, probably tonight. Oh Rick (or Jack Rourke), what have you done to us? You drive us crazy. Well, as we have said before, we need our daily dose of Rick, in whatever character he has played. He's so good in every single role. So, last night, I watched one of his MacGyver movies "Trail to Doomsday". I hadn't seen it for quite a while. So, it was a real pleasure seeing him again as MacGyver, although two years after the ending of the TV series, I liked watching him as the same sweet guy with the same facial expressions or manners he used to have in the TV show. And once again, always GORGEOUS and ADORABLE.
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Couldn't figure out where to put this so I'm hijacking this thread for a minute :D

Amazon has the MacGyver series on DVD on sale for today. $36.99 for the whole set if anyone is interested... includes the two movies as well.
nicolemj@otenet.gr

I already have the whole series, all 7 seasons, plus the two MacGyver movies, but we THANK YOU mac_jack_fangirl for the Information.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Watching SG-1 from the beginning since they started showing it locally on Comet TV. Also just watched The Madonna MacGyver episode on MeTV [always makes me cry]. I have the series on DVD, but I still have to watch them if they're broadcast ;)

Also watched Pandora's Clock a couple of weeks ago. He was great in that! :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Elphaba wrote:Watching SG-1 from the beginning since they started showing it locally on Comet TV. Also just watched The Madonna MacGyver episode on MeTV [always makes me cry]. I have the series on DVD, but I still have to watch them if they're broadcast ;)

Also watched Pandora's Clock a couple of weeks ago. He was great in that! :)
Comet TV? What is that?

You have really gotten to watch great stuff if you have gotten to see Stargate SG1 from the beginning.....and the Madonna makes me cry also. And Pandora's Clock= that is an awesome movie! Now you have gotten my thirst up for some more RDA to view! (I have been watching MacGyver on DVD straight from the beginning - I am at the end of Season 1 so far. Will wait to get back to SG1 after I have finished watching MacGyver. Checking on a movie here and there over this same time period....and then coming here for some THUNKS and video links and I am getting my RDA "fix". :D :D :D It's great that he has provided us with so many choices of viewing pleasure down through the years. He has given of himself so much - now we just want him to get better!!!
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

You're so right B. Rick has given us his very best of himself over the years. He has made us laugh, cry, enjoy, love. All these wonderful emotions that come from the heart when watching him. He's our best of joy and we owe him a lot and we're always grateful for brightening every single day of our life. Now, all we want, is for him to get better and feel happy again.
I just remembered some lyrics from Celine's song, and I think they match to our sentiments for RDA, or at least, that's how I feel.

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see