Richard Dean "Accident Prone" Anderson

Rosi347

Re: Richard Dean "Accident Prone" Anderson

Post by Rosi347 »

KateR wrote:Sad news. RDA just texted to say that he has decided to stay at home, and the ladies are going on to Rome without him. :(

At least he'll be able to rest, and hopefully to heal faster.

I don't know if he'll add more info - I'm waiting to see if he does before I add the update.

Kate
Sad news indeed.
He was so looking forward to this... but as you wrote: it is good he gives himself the time to rest and - hopefully - heal faster.
With a broken elbow and his other wrist.... I believe he would not enjoy the trip.
Hope someone looks after him and that despite this, Wylie and her mom will enjoy the trip to Rome (well, at least make the best of it).
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Re: Richard Dean "Accident Prone" Anderso

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Oh, this is really sad news. Too bad for Rick can't go to Italy. On the other hand, I totally agree with Kate and the others that he took the right decision. It's better off for him to stay home and get the proper rest and hopefully a quick recovery. Besides, I don't think he would be able to enjoy his vacation as much as he wanted, due to his injuries. You can't have fun if you're in pain. I know he probably feels a little disappointed that things turned out this way, and he will miss so precious family moments, but I hope he gets the chance to make that trip soon after his recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are always with him to feel better soon, and I hope he has an improvement day by day. Hope he has someone to help him out at home, now that he won't be able to do much. Poor Rick, we feel for you and we hurt with you. Please GET WELL SOON. As for Apryl and Wylie. I wish them a wonderful time on their trip, and I'm sure Rick will be missed, especially to Wylie.
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

KateR wrote:Sad news. RDA just texted to say that he has decided to stay at home, and the ladies are going on to Rome without him. :(

At least he'll be able to rest, and hopefully to heal faster.

I don't know if he'll add more info - I'm waiting to see if he does before I add the update.

Kate
Thanks for keeping us informed, Kate.

I am really sorry to hear, that he is not able to go on the trip. But...as so said many times here, it's the only right decision. Going on vacation with pain and broken bones is definitely not wise and brings no joy.

Get well soon, Rick ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
cheryl blue

Post by cheryl blue »

I hope he is doing better... by the way weird shaped steps, uneven steps and anything my brain does not consider a standard step should be considered evil.... i really dislike those things. I've actually had medications that have made me just drop while walking... something to consider.... get well soon..... cheryl
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

K9mom wrote:I can't help but think that our guy is just accident prone! LOL! I am SO sorry to hear of his most recent injuries, they sound painful and require rest and therapy. He was SO happy to go on a vacation with Apryl and Wylie and now this! I hope he still gets to go and enjoys his trip but I am worried about him saying he has a broken elbow (on elbows which have already had surgeries), ugh! And his back, and now a slight concussion. :?

Here's to a speedy recovery!!! Is there a place we can sent get well cards?
Really? I think it means he's 65, not accident prone. When people get older they're more susceptible to falling, no offense meant by that. It's the truth. I have a special friend who's 66 and he fell out of bed while having a nightmare. Except that, because he used to be an Army Ranger, I had to talk him into seeking medical care. Otherwise he would have thought he should tough it out on his own. And he never did complain about the pain. I can't handle pain at all, he can handle way too much of it.
K9mom

Post by K9mom »

It was a joke. Every time he was supposed to come here to Boston, he had an injury or accident just before. I understand his age makes a difference with injuries and I am glad I finally got to meet him and that he was mostly recovered and doing well. I hate that he has his long lasting pains and injuries from the early years. I actually joked with him about it when I met him and he laughed and agreeing he is always doing something to himself.