If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

Mac/Jack#1fan

If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Since that video of RDA shopping was posted here a few day, I thought of another topic :D
What would you do if you saw RDA in the store? Would you go up and talk to him? Would you leave him alone? Would you ask for a picture? Maybe an autograph?

If it was me, I would be too shy to do anything, except maybe smile at him. :oops: I also wouldn't want to annoy him with any questions. I think, in that moment, I would be so stunned....there is no chance I would ever remember what questions I have for him lol. I'd keep glancing his way though ;)
Then I'd probably kick myself later for passing up such an opportunity! :x

So, is anyone else shy like me? Would some of you just go up to him? What would you do? :D :D :D :D
Star Gazer

Re: If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

Post by Star Gazer »

My affection for the man notwithstanding, I'd probably ask him to pay for my groceries. :D
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Interesting topic... I really don't know what I would do. :?

Thinking about it... I'd probably be so shocked that I'd just smile to him and see if he feels like talking,
I would try to stay calm and maybe I would even find the courage to introduce myself and tell him how I admire him. :D

But I guess my mind would be blank in that moment, so I don't think I would ask a question, maybe just a simple "How are you?" :D
And I certainly wouldn't annoy him asking for an autograph, I know he only signs in conventions. :roll:
It would be hard, but I would try not to stare at his eyes too much :oops:
Claudia
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I would be focusing not to stare at him with my mouth wide open :o
I would be stunned not know what to say... wouldn't want to say anything cause he's shopping and indeed Mac/Jack kicking myself afterwards for missing the opportunity
Lots of love,

Lies

Jemster

Post by Jemster »

I would leave him alone. If we ran into each other I would say "hi", smile, and move along.

Michelle
Last edited by Jemster on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

I'd probably just say good morning/afternoon/evening and keep on shopping.
If you can't say anything nice.....

MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Hmmm. I know what I'd like to say to him, but whether I actually would, who knows . . .

"Mr. Anderson? I met you briefly at a convention a few years ago, and there's a question I didn't get a chance to ask then . . . "

" . . . the question is, can I buy you dinner?"
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I don't know. I may be shy but I may be bold at times too. I would probably be stunned at first then I would smile to show him I recognized him and then ... I wouldn' t ask for an autograph though and I wouldn't ask a silly question like the man in the video either !!! But I might say hello, it would depend on his reaction , if he seemed to be in a hurry or a little annoyed .
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Go to him, greet him friendly, tell him that he is great and wish him a nice day. If he would like to talk more with me it would be nice. But I accept that he is a "private person" outside TV and Cons. Do you understand what I would say?

Regards
Alexandra
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

tvero80 wrote:I wouldn't ask a silly question like the man in the video either !!!
The video was on TMZ, which means the guy asking the question is a paparazzo. Asking stupid, intrusive questions is his job. Gah.