If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

tvero80

Re: If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

Post by tvero80 »

Sorry I'm French and have never heard of TMZ before.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote:Sorry I'm French and have never heard of TMZ before.
You're lucky, then. ;)

I actually considered adding the video clip to the website, because it's relatively harmless, but I just can't bring myself to promote anything that TMZ does. They specialize in trying to make celebrities look bad. :roll:

At least RDA knows how to handle them.

Kate
Jediferret

Post by Jediferret »

RDA seems to have the right temperament for being a celebrity. Not many people can hack it being famous. I know I couldn't hack it... LOL
"Life is more important than what we do for a living." - Richard Dean Anderson
"That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you for enlightening me ,Kate.

We are no better than 'you' in France but the so called 'scandals' usually come from tabloïds and the photos published in them not videos .

Like you said, Richard Dean Anderson seems to be used to it and handles it very well.

Sometimes we are glad we aren't celebrities.
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

KateR wrote: They specialize in trying to make celebrities look bad. :roll:
Even if they try, they'll never find anything bad about him. :)
Claudia
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Indeed.
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

I agree with Mac/Jack and Claudia. I'm too shy myself, so I really can't tell what I would do if I bumped into him at a store. At first, I guess I'd stare at him with admiration and excitement, and probably I'd try to get near and smile at him and say "hi". God, I would love to ask him so much, but knowing he's a private person, I'd respect his privacy and wouldn't like to annoy him, unless he was in a good mood and felt like talking a little more. And I love Beth's question " Me Anderson, can I buy you dinner?" Wish I had the courage to say that.
Caty

Post by Caty »

... if I find my voice before he disappeared maybe I say "Good morning, Mr. Anderson. I wish you a nice day!"

I don't think I could find my brain soon enough to think of a more intelligent remark. ;)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
ritab2610

Post by ritab2610 »

That will never be for me, 'cause I live too far away but... I just would say hi or nod when our eyes would meet and for the rest... leave him alone. The guy is on his private time, there is a time and place for everything, when he is at a convention or a public appearance it's okay to contact him. But when he is out for shopping or meeting family and friends, we don't need to bother him, it's already bad that paparazzi are chasing him. So far my 2 cents.
But...I will be at Fedcon in a few months and if I get the chance I will be sure to say something... if I dare. Bet I won't have more inspiration than "thank you sir."
:oops:
Teale

Post by Teale »

Knowing myself all too well, probably:

A. I would not recognize him. I dislike shopping and tend to have a list and be on a mission to do what is necessary and exit the store as quickly as possible! There are a few exceptions, of course... ;)

OR

B. If I recognized him, I would not acknowledge him in any way unless he spoke first. I resided in Los Angeles most of the first half of my life and felt incredibly uncomfortable when fans would approach their favourite artists when they were in the general public, not an industry event.

The primary exception to the above would be getting stuck in a cashier's queue. Usually I end up chatting with the people around me--whoever they might be!
A long-time fan of MacGyver and Legend,

Teale