If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

Stoneridge

Re: If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

Post by Stoneridge »

Wow, here's some that you may want to google that I know. I've met Annie Whittle over here in the old K'Mart whilst out shopping - she was lovely and friendly. Billy T James use to live down our road he had his lifestyle block there just past our place - he is an icon over here and still revered. Also the Topp Twins (Jools and Lynda) Jools purchased a horse off of a friend of mine, stunning Arab Gelding and I named him. Have ran into them many times while out and about as they also lived down the road from me. They stopped by to take photos of our Stallion a while ago as they thought he was stunning. And then back in February I ran into our Prime Minister again, always running into John Key - that's about the fourth time I have met him, I was talking with him at the Helensville A & P Show back in February. Have met and spoken with him a few times. We don't have security like other countries seem to have, it's just not like that here or needed. Jools, Lynda and Billy would be my favourites though, so down to earth, like most Kiwis are really. No airs and graces just genuine people everywhere.
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
missmobius

Post by missmobius »

MacBeth wrote:Hmmm. I know what I'd like to say to him, but whether I actually would, who knows . . .

"Mr. Anderson? I met you briefly at a convention a few years ago, and there's a question I didn't get a chance to ask then . . . "

" . . . the question is, can I buy you dinner?"
Love your reply :)

I would say almost the same, except I would add, Last year I invited you to to come back to Fanexpo (Toronto) and you said "where will I stay?" and I answered "my place" lol, you added some other very kind words to me, and when we took a pic together you were so kind, so understanding such a gentle arm around my shoulders.

I could not contain myself I would have to speak with him, and tell him my invitation still stands, and I would thank him for the many many many hours of sheer delight he has given me. I would hug him, and then say goodbye, take care of yourself :) P.S. See you in Toronto next year (fingers crossed)
missmobius

Post by missmobius »

Jediferret wrote:RDA seems to have the right temperament for being a celebrity. Not many people can hack it being famous. I know I couldn't hack it... LOL
I agree, his personality is such that he makes all his fans feel special. What a lovely man he is <3 I saw how he spoke with his fans, the care in his words and voice. He's got a heart of gold.
AMG

Post by AMG »

I'd say hello....Especially now that I have met him. That initial shock and anticipation has worn off....a smidge :D
~~ skipping through the applegrass ~~
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

AMG wrote:I'd say hello....Especially now that I have met him. That initial shock and anticipation has worn off....a smidge :D
Makes sense to me. You are sooooooooooooooooooooooo fortunate to have met him. :D :D :D Thanks for your post.
B
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Post by REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL »

IN THE GREAT WORDS OT TAYLOR SWIFT (YES THAT SINGER ) "I WOULD JUST DIE ' .HOPEFULLY RICK WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO GIVE ME C.P.R ,BRING ME BACK TO LIFE.
NOW THAT WOULD BE WORTH DYING FOR . :D .
OTHERWISE I WOULD JUST SAY HI ,UNLESS HE WANTED TO START A CONVERSATION .
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL wrote:IN THE GREAT WORDS OT TAYLOR SWIFT (YES THAT SINGER ) "I WOULD JUST DIE ' .HOPEFULLY RICK WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO GIVE ME C.P.R ,BRING ME BACK TO LIFE.
Good Idea, but I think I'd be too shy for dying!
I think I'd hide behind the shelves, starring at him and hope he doesn't spot me...
If my BF would be with me, she'd hustle me into him, so he'd to catch me... :oops:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Lucy wrote:
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL wrote:IN THE GREAT WORDS OT TAYLOR SWIFT (YES THAT SINGER ) "I WOULD JUST DIE ' .HOPEFULLY RICK WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO GIVE ME C.P.R ,BRING ME BACK TO LIFE.
Good Idea, but I think I'd be too shy for dying!
I think I'd hide behind the shelves, starring at him and hope he doesn't spot me...
If my BF would be with me, she'd hustle me into him, so he'd to catch me... :oops:
LOL - very cute scenario....thanks for posting!
B
RDAforever

Post by RDAforever »

NOW THAT WOULD BE WORTH DYING FOR . :D .
OTHERWISE I WOULD JUST SAY HI ,UNLESS HE WANTED TO START A CONVERSATION .
**** Kiss of life **** Great idea!

Who would not like to be revived by Rick? :D ;)

I think, I would look at him from a sure distance and enjoy silently his awesome appearance.

Because I know I would screw it up....
being unable to construct reasonable sentences (maybe capable of saying "Hi") .... and going as red as a beetroot!!!! :oops: :oops:
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Who would not like to be revived by Rick? :D ;)

Because I know I would screw it up....
being unable to construct reasonable sentences (maybe capable of saying "Hi") .... and going as red as a beetroot!!!! :oops: :oops:
How about these two together? I mean if you're unableto say something, have a break down and be revived by Rick ;)