Quench the fire event-advice

chesney2

Quench the fire event-advice

Post by chesney2 »

Hi Everyone! Hoping that he comes to this event again in October but was looking for some tips from anyone who has been before please! What hotel did you stay at? close by the Airport? What else would I need to do? Coming from Boston! Thanks!!!
PamK1950

Re: Quench the fire event-advice

Post by PamK1950 »

Here's a link for their website: http://www.quenchthefire.org/ NOTE: The information for this year's QTF hasn't been posted yet.

This will be my fifth year going. For the past several years it has been held at Woodley Avenue Park, Van Nuys, CA (right next to Sherman Oaks). We have stayed at the Best Western in Sherman Oaks. It's only about a mile from the venue. http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern ... Code=05595

Sherman Oaks is about 20 miles north of LAX. It's suppose to be a 30 minute drive, but you are dealing with the 405 "Parking lot", so time will vary. There are other routes, but I can't remember them right now.

Hope this helps
If you can't say anything nice.....

chesney2

Post by chesney2 »

Pam!!!!!! You must be the same one who was helping me on FB?! I figured you would block me if I tried to ask any more questions! haha. Thanks so much! I am so excited to get a date for the event so I can plan trip! Thank you!!!!!!!!
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Yep that was me. :D

chesney2

Post by chesney2 »

haha too funny!!! I am just so excited that I want to make sure I know everything I need to know!
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Last year they announced the date on April 24th (what a coincidence). I looked on their FB page to see if there was anything on there about it. I found this..,

USC Quench the Fire Run-Walk-Roll
Yesterday at 4:02pm ·

Hello all!! I know we have not posted any details about our 10th Anniversary QTF Run. We are running into some resistance from the park where we typically have our run. They are wooing a very lucrative concert that will take place about the same time as our run. The park is holding all surrounding dates until all of the details are confirmed for their concert. We are hoping to hear by the end of this month. We are still shooting for mid-October. Once a date is announced, we will post it and update our media sites. We really want to make our 10th anniversary run special. So keep checking in. We appreciate your patience.

Still Dreaming Big!!

Pam

chesney2

Post by chesney2 »

Great!!!!!!! Thanks for that info!!!!!! I literally can not wait! Thanks!!!!!!