Deepest condolences to Rick, for your mother's passing

yolie

Re: Deepest condolences to Rick, for your mother's passing

Post by yolie »

Thanks Pam K. for sharing thise very meaningful words. We all can relate to these words.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yes, thanks, Pam. Very nice.
B
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

These are very meaningful words. Thanks for sharing, Pam.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Thank you Pam, so lovely!
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac »

I just realized Mother's Day is Sunday, always a difficult time for anyone who has lost a mother. :( I hope RDA can get through this tough period. Once again, I express my deepest condolences.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yes, Mother's day is so hard when one has lost their mom. I pray for God's comfort for RDA and Wylie and his whole family especially on this day. May their sweet memories of her help them through this time.
B
ergomac

Post by ergomac »

i was just thinking about that as well cmac i hope and pray RDA can get through this it's a tough blow to deal with first loosing his mom and then having to deal with mothers day a few weeks later :( :( :( poor rick i hope and pray the rest of the year is good to him
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Hoping it will be a good day with lots of loved ones to support you on this day
Lots of love,

Lies

EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

It's almost the exact date of when my biological mother died (April 21). I'm adopted and had "two" mothers. Everyone thinks that's so wonderful because I get to go through it twice. It wasn't.
I have no idea how anyone else feels about the passing of their mother. I didn't have a good relationship with either of mine but I was more upset when the adoptive one passed away bc for one thing she was too young; she was younger than he is now when she died of Lymphoma. So far nobody in my family has lived beyond the age of 67.
Saying I'm sorry for someone's loss always feels inadequate. I am, but it feels insufficient.
I'm also sorry for his daughter, who lost her grandmother. I follow his daughter on Twitter. And I think grandmas are the best; well mine was. I even wrote a poem about how special it is to have grandma.
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

ergomac wrote:i was just thinking about that as well cmac i hope and pray RDA can get through this it's a tough blow to deal with first loosing his mom and then having to deal with mothers day a few weeks later :( :( :( poor rick i hope and pray the rest of the year is good to him
I had to - and I even had the Mother's Day card, which I brought to the funeral home and put in her casket. She died April 21 and Mother's Day was a few weeks later. I had a terrible relationship with my biological mother. I was taken from the home by the Law and placed in foster care, then adopted. That mother has passed away too. I didn't get along with either mother but the adoptive one didn't do the terrible things the biological one did - the things that made the Law come down in the first place. But the adoptive one didn't feel like "flesh of my flesh" when I was at the funeral. The biological one did no matter what she'd done to me.
The adoptive mother gave me a poem the day I was adopted that went:

Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own,
never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it.