RDA Mannerisms

CMac

RDA Mannerisms

Post by CMac »

What RDA mannerisms do you like or have you noticed? Everyone here is familiar with or has mentioned him dipping his finger in tea or coffee in several shows, but is there anything else you've seen him do frequently that you've noticed? I was watching Silent World the other night, and I saw him playing with the pages of a book that was on the table in the classroom, kind of absently folding the pages. I don't know why, but I found it strange that I never saw that before even though I've watched the episode several times and that is something I do to paper when I'm nervous. I've seen him fiddle and fidget with objects before, either deliberately as an acting choice or as a sight gag or perhaps he is unaware of even doing it, but I think it makes him more endearing and brings a human dimension to his characters.

What small gestures, facial expressions, etc. have you seen him do that you like?
Cindy61

Re: RDA Mannerisms

Post by Cindy61 »

Well first of all, this is kind of a tough question.. in gestures, i love the kind of zigzag motion he has when he waves.
as for facial expressions, i have noticed that while listening to someone talk to him, he occasionally raises his eyebrows.
Has anyone else noticed these things about him?
K9mom

Post by K9mom »

Cindy - I have noticed that. I always blamed it on him readjusting his eyes.

I don't have any real mannerisms, I just like when he does his "bratty"/"troublemaking" grin when he is joking around
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I've noticed that he has something with mics.........somehow he holds it often against the cheek and cant stop playing with it :lol: I love all the small things,
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac »

I've also noticed that he clenches his fists a lot, especially in a tense situation. I've noticed that mostly in MacGyver, although he may unconsciously do that in real life, too. I haven't noticed. I like how he tilts his head and grins when he's being playful or sarcastic, and I like how he arches his eyebrows when he is in deep thought.

Overall, his face is so expressive, I'm sure there are many other things he does that I haven't taken notice of yet. Hmm...just another reason to watch more MacGyver... ;) :oops:
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Annelies wrote:I've noticed that he has something with mics.........somehow he holds it often against the cheek and cant stop playing with it :lol: I love all the small things,
I've also noticed this lies. it is very funny. :lol:
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

... and I love the way he is running.
Sometimes he's got a style that reminds me on ice-skating, with both arms to the sides to hold the balance...

(I don't wanna know what I do look like while running, myself - perhaps like a dog with the tongue almost hanging to the earth?)
:lol: :lol:
P
CMac

Post by CMac »

He also rubs his face a lot, especially his mouth. I usually see him do that (at least in character) when he is exasperated about something or thinking about something.

I love how he runs, too. Sometimes he looks very athletic, and other times he reminds me of a little boy, because he looks like he's playing. It's adorable. :)
Bella123

Post by Bella123 »

I love how he talks with his hands! And he does this thing with his jaw that I'm not sure how to describe. He does it on Stargate sometimes when he's upset. I also love the lop-sided grin he gives when he is being mischievous or sneaky. :D
Credit goes to MacBeth (Lolmac) for the avatar!
CMac

Post by CMac »

I noticed something else he does, at least on MacGyver. Often he misjudges his height, causing him to almost run into lamps, pipes, etc. overhead. I saw him do this when he's on the ship in Ghost Ship, and also when he's in the basement in Deathlock (he almost collides with a pipe! :lol: ). Again, I don't know if those are acting choices (and if they are, they're brilliant), but I just love those adorable quirks about him. :oops: