Your 1st meeting with RDA

eve59

Your 1st meeting with RDA

Post by eve59 »

I am new and I am going to meet Richard this week. Can you tell me how it passed your 1st meeting with him?
Thank you :D

ergomac

Re: Your 1st meeting with RDA

Post by ergomac »

welcome to the forum :D :D my first meeting with him was 2013 at oz comic con i can tell you i was kinda nervous but when i went up for an autograph it was OK he seemed to understand me as i was talking a little fast like i said nerves i asked him how his hand was and he said oh it's a little sore and i said he should have a stamp instead and he laughed and said that a stamp is so impersonal and demonstrated with an invisible stamp which made me laugh and then he said "I'm no William shatner" who was also there that day i wish i had thought to say of course not your way better than him but i didn't i picked up my autograph and said thank you and he gave me one of his MEGA WATT smiles and thanked me ......and that's it :D i can tell you it is well worth the trip to meet him he is very sweet and funny ....2 things to keep in mind 1 remember he is just a normal person like everyone else and 2 just have fun.......hope you have a good weekend :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

eve59 wrote:I am new and I am going to meet Richard this week. Can you tell me how it passed your 1st meeting with him?
Thank you :D
OH - you are so fortunate to be able to meet Richard this week! I have never met him so I can't help you with that - but many here have met him and I hope they will chime in with their impressions and advice. If you think of it and if you want to do so you could tell him that you are one of his "band of wild loyalists" - (his term for us) - on Kate Ritter's forum. You could tell him that you represent so many who would like to be meeting him in person! We love him so! (But that's just if you think such a comment is appropriate).

Please get a hug from him if you can. I know that sometimes these are allowed or if you pay for a photograph with him you can get a hug. Either way, have a wonderful time! Enjoy it and i know it will be something you will remember for the rest of your life!
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

What a chance huh? Meeting him, just wow!! I never met him also.....
Just like B said, you can say that you are one of the wild loyalists ;) That's what I would do
I hope to go to Amsterdam in august and meet Chris there! Just looked at the photoshoots........ Can pick 2 choices, Chris in costume with gateroom or just Chris......... I'll think I'll go for just Chris..or not.........or both.....WHAAAAAHHH :lol: .......And thinking of taking a Whoopie cushion with me, cause of the Fart contest he had with Rick, wich he has won! :lol:
He can surprise Rick with a fart when they meet again :lol: :oops: my stupid humor sometimes, not sure if I will, but toughts crossed my mind...... ;)
Still guests are getting announced on the site for Amsterdam comic con, but knowing the fact Rick is going to Vancouver 8-12 sept, I don't think he will come to Amsterdam end of august.. Man, that would be so much traveling for him, just toooo much!
Have lots of fun Eve, Rick is the best, don't worry, you'll be calm the moment you speak to him, he'll comfort you, I'm sure! ;)Hope more posts will follow from people who have met Rick
Lots of love,

Lies

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

He's very nice .It was said before ,it's as if we were special,unique... I remember during the autograph session in Düsseldorf,we were lining up and I saw someone leaving.The look,the smile on her face ...I'll never forget it.This man is better than any medicine ( il devrait être remboursé par la Sécurité Sociale: almost transparent I hope everyone understands ;) ).
LadyAmmonet 13

Post by LadyAmmonet 13 »

My first time meeting him was at the Quench the Fire 5k December 2011.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Lady Ammonet, what was your impression upon meeting him then and in other times when you have met him?
B
eve59

Post by eve59 »

I don't speak English very well but if I've opportunity I would give him hello of the band of wild loyalists.Iwould tell you on Saturday evening :D

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Me too,B :) .
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

I first met RDA in 2010 at the Meet The Man con. This was my first experience with "fandom" and I had no idea what to expect. RDA has a way with people and knows how to make everyone feel special. Your time with him is just that, your time. Enjoy it.
If you can't say anything nice.....