Happy 66th Birthday Rick

bftlovesRDA

Re: Happy 66th Birthday Rick

Post by bftlovesRDA »

A belated (by 15 minutes) Happy 66th Birthday Wish to you, Rick!

I echo all the good wishes that have already been posted on this thread.

You are an amazing man and one whom we all love and admire so much! In fact, you are LOVED by thousands of us all throughout the world! Please don't ever forget that!

Thank you for all the joy you have brought to millions through MacGyver, through Stargate SG1, through Legend, and through all your movies and appearances. Thank you for all your work for your charities and for other good causes.

It is the wish of all of us that your backpain be eased and that you can return to "regular" life without that pain. Then, when you feel well, it would be great to see you on screen again........we would all LOVE to see you there!

So, once again, a huge hug and a wish for your Birthday to have been wonderful....with Wylie, Andie, and lots of cake!

B
Jirel

Post by Jirel »

Happy birthday ,have a good birthday with daughter,familly and friend.I wish you health and happiness.always be in my heart ;)
AMCStar

Post by AMCStar »

Mr Anderson

I know I am very late but I would like to wish you a belated birthday and hope the rest of the year is less painful for you.
All the best
AMCStar
[imghttps://flic.kr/p/U1teyj[/img]
yolie

Post by yolie »

This note is for Sandra and I was touched so much for sharing your insight of China
and we thanks you for this note. Yes Rick is a man who has touched so many people
around the world, (though he doesn't see this in himself). He has also supported so many
charity causes and that shows what a humane and generous man he is.
My birthday wishes too for Rick and am not good at computers, so I type this simple message.
Am happy Kate has given us this web site to share how we feel. :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

annieli wrote:Happy Birthday, Rick, the one and the only MacGyver!

I never heard of MacGyver until 2003, when Vincent, who grows up in Malaysia, studied physics at St Peter, Minnesota inspired by you, introduced you to me after we got married in Orlando, FL.

Why didn’t I hear of you? Because I grow up in mainland China, a country that has been ruled by the Communist Party for 67 years, democracy and freedom are taboo there. Can you imagine the episode “Children of Light” is showed in China? No way. I can even image how you say it :)

I love you as much as my husband does. Actually, we again finished watching seasons 1,2,3 and 5 DVDs 2 days ago. When I saw the way you looked at the “Black Rhino” whose horns were cut by those poachers, I told myself: you have to tell MacGyver this.

It starts with a human right issue: More than 70 million practitioners of Falun Dafa (Falun Gong) have been persecuted for almost 17 years by Chinese regime. Falun Gong is an ancient practice of self-cultivation based on the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. http://www.falundafa.org. It has benefited more than 100 million people worldwide since 1992.

However, the then dictator of Chinese Communist Party, Zemin Jiang launched the persecution in July 20, 1999 out of his personal jealous. Since then, my best friend’s mother disappeared after 2001 she appealed for Falun Gong at Tiananmen Square. My mother, a retired professor, was arrested 6 times, and thrown into brainwashing center before the 2008 Beijing Olympics when she was 68 years old.

Especially when reports on systematic organ harvesting from Falun Gong prisoners first emerged in 2006, we realize why China has suddenly became the largest organ supplier since 1999, it broke my best friend’s heart: what happened to her disappeared mother?

No matter how brutal the persecution is, we never fight back, but we never stop raising awareness of this human right issue. It has been a 17 years’ peaceful journey. Now, my 76 years old mother is safely living in Canada, and continues telling people what goes on in China.

I want you to know, Mr. MacGyver, that you have inspired us and given us courage. Thank you for what you have presented to this world. I hope one day 1.3 billion people in China are able to watch your show. Again, happy birthday!

Thank you, also, Annieli - for these important insights. I have always hurt for the people of China and the Communist Party's oppression of them. The persecution has been great. Human rights issues are so powerful in China - so sad to say. The people of China, including your mother, are so very strong and wonderful. I hope very much that one day soon, the Communist Party will no longer be in power and freedom will reign in China.

Yes, it will be wonderful when all of China will be able to see MacGyver and Stargate and to witness Richard Dean Anderson's wonderful acting and inspirational roles.

Thank you again for posting.
B
mturnbo

Post by mturnbo »

I made You a Poem

Watching Richard Dean on the tv screen
the way he walks, way he talks, way he turns around ,
the way he makes a frown
the way He cuts His hair
and Hes got that stare
and for those smilesid walk a hundred miles

Happy Valentines and Birthday

miss turnbo twitter @cofbchurchgirl
Last edited by mturnbo on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

mturnbo wrote:I made You a Poem

Watching Richard Dean on the tv screen
the way he walks, way he talks, way he turns around ,
the way he makes a frown
the way He cuts His hair
and Hes got that stare
and for those smilesid walk a hundred miles

Happy Valentines and Birthday
A very good poem, mtunbo! And WELCOME to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here.
B
j-king

Post by j-king »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY RICHARD :D We've been watching episodes of SG1 on Comet and miss your witty and comical presence on the screen. I'm sorry to hear about your back troubles, my wife and I have also suffered from lower back issues for years. Hers is worse than mine, she has a slipped disc and someday may have to have surgery. Get out and chop some wood that should help. :lol: Just Kidding. I know from the many interviews with your costars that you have a great sense of humor. I'll try to send you a funny from time to time to help make you laugh. God Bless and know our prayers are with you always.