Patients is the name of the game ?

REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Patients is the name of the game ?

Post by REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL »

Patients is what Kate has got ,she must manufacture heaps by the bucket loads .Kate need to send some my way . Saint Kate the last lady standing (make a good series )
Do you get the feeling were in the Dog box/house or is it just me .After Rick last pledge of more photo,s (or did i miss read that )
Silence is a pain in the ass ,but the up side is i do not mind so much now .Patients has never been my strong suit .Put i do like reading everyone posts on and off topic .
Regards
SUE :D :D :D :D :D :D
tvero80

Re: Patients is the name of the game ?

Post by tvero80 »

Well,this website was created some...years ago with no Twitter,no Facebook...Today you click and get pictures of RDA sent by fans without him having to do anything. I must confess that in the past I believed him when he promised he would send more photos or notes ... not anymore (sorry if I get lynched but I mean it) .
I'm not thinking of us fans but after all she did , Kate deserves more consideration :(
V
Anne

Post by Anne »

As far as I can tell it's never been much different (except there used to be a lot more media presence overall from the press and TV etc) - and I'm with this forum (and the old one) for ten years or longer. But he's (semi) retired and I'm sure it's not a lack of consideration or appreciation towards Kate or his fans. I think he means it when he says he'll send more photos - and then it just gets away from him and he forgets. At least that is my take on it, of course I don't know.

It can get frustrating, I guess, because his notes and photos are mostly the only life signs we get these days unless there is a con. But he has a lot of cons this year again and that's really nice, considering that he never used to go to conventions while he was still working on the show(s). So it seems we traded TV shows for cons - and that's another reason for me to point out that sharing among fans is not a bad thing because it's the only way we can feed the love atm.

That's my two cents on it, anyway.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Glad to hear from him when we do, wether it takes some time or not.. :) I believe him when he says he will send some more, and will wait patiently. He has a lot to do, and puts much of his time in his daughter, family, charity, cons and sometimes we have the previlege he sends us an update and we get that thanks to Kate :D
And in the mean time I'm so grateful for all of you around here, lots of topics to read and games to play during the game of patience :D
Lots of love,

Lies

Djaïpur

Post by Djaïpur »

NO PROBLEM! We are Wild Patient Loyalists! Image
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Post by REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL »

YES YOU LADIES ARE ALL SO RIGHT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, PATIENTS IS STILL NOT MY STRONG SUIT BUT I ,M LEARNING AS I GETTING OLDER ??????? WHAT THE SAYING ? (YOU HAVE TO BE YOUNG AND DUMB TO BE OLD AND WISE ) I,M GETTING THERE HOPEFULLLY ????????????????? YES MUST HOLD MY HEAD UP AND BE A TRUE " WILD PATIENT LOYALISTS! ;) ;) ;) ;)
ANY COPY WRIGHT ON THAT SAYING MIGHT JUST GET MY SELF A T-SHIRT WITH THAT SAYING ON IT ( WILD PATIENT LOYALISTS ! )
SUE
Djaïpur

Post by Djaïpur »

Ok, go for the T-shirts! :lol:
rdeana65

Post by rdeana65 »

It does seem a little unfair that RDA makes these promises to 'stay connected' and then we don't hear from him for months and months. I realize he is probably busy with Wylie and his business, but if you make a promise, you should keep it!!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

rdeana65 wrote:It does seem a little unfair that RDA makes these promises to 'stay connected' and then we don't hear from him for months and months. I realize he is probably busy with Wylie and his business, but if you make a promise, you should keep it!!
It's true, it's not always easy to be patient. I learned that about RDA a long time ago.

I've dropped the occasional reminder, and I've gotten the occasional reply, but nothing really intended for the website, and usually with a promise for "more later."

He did say that he shaved the mustache, but I couldn't figure out a way to make a whole update out of that.

So I'm waiting for the "more later."

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote:
rdeana65 wrote:It does seem a little unfair that RDA makes these promises to 'stay connected' and then we don't hear from him for months and months. I realize he is probably busy with Wylie and his business, but if you make a promise, you should keep it!!
It's true, it's not always easy to be patient. I learned that about RDA a long time ago.

I've dropped the occasional reminder, and I've gotten the occasional reply, but nothing really intended for the website, and usually with a promise for "more later."

He did say that he shaved the mustache, but I couldn't figure out a way to make a whole update out of that.

So I'm waiting for the "more later."

Kate
Thanks, Kate, for all the patience that you have shown and for leading the way in doing this.

Shaved the mustache? That's news! Good news for many.

Thanks again for keeping us updated and for all the ways you lead this site and keep in touch with RDA.
B