IN RICKY EYES-TWITTER DRESS QUESTION-----------?

REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

IN RICKY EYES-TWITTER DRESS QUESTION-----------?

Post by REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL »

Sorry No Dress Color Debate . (IT,S Blue,Black,Gold,White ) :|
I know Ricky is Color blind .Was just read about Color blindness .Most Color blind people are unable to fully see,Red, Green or Blue Lights.
So if Ricky can not see Blue Light does this mean that if he see the Black and Blue version, would he only see it as a full Black Dress in his eyes or would he see, different shades of the one Color.
Just Wondering ???????????????????? :)
Sue
Alexandra

Re: IN RICKY EYES-TWITTER DRESS QUESTION-----------?

Post by Alexandra »

Is ist a real color blindness or a red-green visual impairment?
A good friend of mine has a red-green visual impairment and he sees red and green as gray shades.

Regards
Alexandra
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

If you are colourblind, you see all colours in different shades of grey. Its like black and white movies.

The dress has different colours for each one because the waves of light, of the colours our eyes change, (don't know how to describe this is in English, but I try to) have nearly the same length. So, when youre colourblind, i think, you can't see the colourchange, because you can't see this little difference in the grey shades/tunes(?). The colourchange bases on a different interpretation of the colour from our brain, if it takes the gold/white version by errasing a bit of the blue light or the blue/black version by errasing a bit of the red light.

Hope I can help you with that.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Where's Carter when you need her? :D :D :D
If you can't say anything nice.....

REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

THANK YOU LADIES FOR THAT ANSWER .I,M MISSING A BIT OF BLUE LIGHT THEN .
LUCY OUT GUN CARTER ON THAT ONE ------PAM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

Lucy wrote:If you are colourblind, you see all colours in different shades of grey. Its like black and white movies.
That's only if you are totally color blind. There are different types. Here is a good website explaining the differences:

http://www.colourblindawareness.org/col ... blindness/

I did a search and via an article on this site (you can read it here: http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/feat ... 07-rda.htm) that Rick has a problem with mostly blues and greens.

Michelle
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Jemster wrote: I did a search and via an article on this site (you can read it here: http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/feat ... 07-rda.htm) that Rick has a problem with mostly blues and greens.
Michelle
I didn´t know that. I can`t explain the phenomena with only partly colorblindness. I'll ask my Optical-Physics Prof next time, maybe he can explain it to me ;)

Lucy

and thanks REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL, maybe in four years when I got my PhD in Astrophysics (hopefully) :D
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Love the Article you guys are leaving ,Great read . Does Kate every have Question and Answer session with Ricky ,that your allow to pre-ask Question for him to answer .
Jemster love the link ,......... Looking at ricky last photo post , he looks like a Sea Captain .
Wondering if he got Doctors, Okay to go with Sea Shedpard on one of there outing at sea ......Thing i read or herd it somewhere ?
Your welcome Lucy .
CathyRas

Post by CathyRas »

I think we should be happy that he is color blind considering the time he was 18. hHe would of most likely been drafted into the US military and been sent to Viet Nam. Cannot imagine never seeing his talent in many roles over the years.

The gene is passed on from the mother to sons. Although I think females may also be color blind. I would have to dig out the old biology book and brush up on Mendelian genetics. Hemophilia is another genetic disorder that effects males more than females.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CathyRas wrote:I think we should be happy that he is color blind considering the time he was 18. hHe would of most likely been drafted into the US military and been sent to Viet Nam. Cannot imagine never seeing his talent in many roles over the years.

The gene is passed on from the mother to sons. Although I think females may also be color blind. I would have to dig out the old biology book and brush up on Mendelian genetics. Hemophilia is another genetic disorder that effects males more than females.
Much good information on this thread. I agree that we should be happy that RDA is colorblind since that did mean he was not able to be drafted to go to Viet Nam. I am very happy he didn't have to go.
B