?New Mac series from creator Lee Zlotoff

Annelies

Re: ?New Mac series from creator Lee Zlotoff

Post by Annelies »

Well at my work my female colleague wait until a male colleague is around to fix a bulb or something.. Don't know why but I get a bit angry then why don't you try it but no we will wait. Most of the time I fix it immediately... I even had one situation where I had to climb from balcony to balcony to free someone out of his room..
Big bow of gratitude to MacGyver again and although we have only one MacGyver I don't think it's a bad idea... here in the Netherlands we have women who are software engineers and performing "male"jobs but it's more that the people around it have to get used to the idea...
Lots of love,

Lies

EileenR

Post by EileenR »

I love 'MacGyvering' up solutions to problems and I would have loved to have studied engineering but alas my heart was drawn to the arts and away from the maths class ;)

I think my Mac skills were probably put to best use when I locked myself in a rabbit cage during a shift at the zoo once. Let me set the scene...it was my birthday and it was raining and I had taken my radio off and left it under the bench beside the cage so it wouldn't get wet while I was cleaning. I unlatched the door and crawled in and a gust of wind blew the door shut behind me and I heard the *click* of the lock fall back in to place.

So there I was sitting in the rain, out of the public view so nobody could see me, looking at my radio which was unreachable, getting rained on and thinking 'happy Birthday Eileen '. After a few minutes of thinking about my predicament I got two pieces of the rabbits chew stick and used the one in my left hand to poke through the wire and lift the latch, while I pressed the release latch through the wire with the other and it popped open. And that's how I'm able to be here today and not living a new life among the rabbits ;)
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

:lol: Good idea Eileen ;)

In my humble opinion Mr. Zlotoff is trying to make money this way because he couldn't succeed in a new MacGyver show.
I think by now everybody knows that nobody can be a better MacGyver than RDA.

It looks like it will be a completely new character, I'd probably watch only the 1st episode out of curiosity.
Claudia
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Eileen what a story SO glad it was a Rabbit Cage!!! :D
Lots of love,

Lies

Djaïpur

Post by Djaïpur »

Well done Eileen! Image
yolie

Post by yolie »

Way to go girl, you rescured yourself. That's using your brains, just like Mac would. Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad the rabbits didn't have to share their home with you too. Well done. :lol:
EileenR

Post by EileenR »

At the Christmas function that year, once the story had become that of legend, I was awarded a play set of emergency tools by the management team which is still sitting on the bottom shelf of my book case.

I'm starting a new role at the zoo this weekend that will see me entering the occasional guinea pig cage so I shall keep my radio within reach at all times ;)