WE NEED RICK BACK,CAN WE GET HIM TO -

REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Re: WE NEED RICK BACK,CAN WE GET HIM TO -

Post by REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL »

My son he,s 20 years old ,he,s been sick with the flu this week. It,s nice to be wanted again ,even if only for my lemon drinks . Going to be a long wait for grand-kids :lol: .Might have to follow Rick lead and get a dog in the mean time.
Kay your book "House on the Strand " sounds like a good Xmas Read ,have to go to library and order it in for the Silly Season. I,am glad Georgine has had a Happy 100th Birthday ,sound like she got lots of love for her Birthday too.
Yes it a lot of hard work you do, keeping elderly people busy and happy. My Dad lives in Resthome (our vision of your retirement center here)He,ll be 85 years old in another couple of month .I admire the Ladies who look after him. He,s still got a sharp mind ,not so good body wise .He,s a bit like Rick ,he also had a broken back and both knee,s and a few other broken parts as will .Mum was always wondering what Dad was going to break next and he has a Heart Problem too .(Poor mum ) .
Just been visiting him usually go twice a week but son been sick ,got told off .Can,t win ;)
The Dog stuffing project sound,s fun .I,ve made a couple of Teddy Bears but no other stuff Animals yet. I,m more into garment making /sewing .

It,s nice to meet you Kate R at last . I,m glad Rick got back home alright. It,s a long way,s down here.(nz) But a few extra miles ,it,s worth it .
I did email the folks at Armageddon to see if we could get Rick back for a on-core next year. The show this year had about 20,000 more nz people that last year .I wonder why ?
Must post my almost meeting Rick story ,might do that tomorrow night . KIND REGARDS SUE
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Sue,

For intestinal flu or other flu: a diet recommended by a doctor who gave it to me and my family when I was 10 years old... great diet as it really settles the stomach down...

Mash potatoes, jello, bananas & coca cola.

Flu Virus doesn't like that. The doctor prescribed for us for 2 weeks time. After a couple of days, mix in some noodles with spinach and believe me, it really tastes good after the diet above.

Of course, you can give him medication as well. The Mash potatoes is your carbs, jello is the sugar, bananas is the potassium and coca cola might be the acid or sugar, not sure. Virus doesn't like any of it. LOL! Kay
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Yes ; That diet, i,m such my son would love it for this flu .Come to think of it so would i .
sue
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Sue,

Do you live in NZ? Kay
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Hi kay -Yes I live in New Zealand in the North Island . I live an Hour and a bit out of Auckland to the North, where Richard came for Armageddon in October.
I,m a New Zealander or a Kiwi . :D
Kind Regards
Sue
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Sue,

I didn't start following Richard till his hair became white, grey & silver! That made him a lot more sexy looking and grown up (LOL!). Though I am 4-1/2 years older then him, he has more personal experience that really makes him older then me.

Be nice if he came back to OH (specifically, Columbus) for a visit that hasn't to do with any comic-con. I couldn't afford to see him that way.

Sounds as if you didn't get to see him this year even though you weren't that far away from where he was.

Kay
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Sue,

Repeating this message I left you in almost meeting RDA...

Ahhh! Just read the note you posted. SWEEEEEEET! :lol: Kay
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Hi Kay ,
Yes some man just get better with age ,I think Rick one of them .
Just looking out the window it raining here . Do not mind the rain that mean can not mow lawn today will have to wait till weekend now ,we are getting 3 seasons in one day . All we need now is snow ,which we do not get up this far North . Rick must had the gods looking down on him that Labour Day weekend he was here .Because usually we get bad weather most Labour Day weekend in N.Z . But that weekend from memoir was pretty will fine most of the time he was here. Funny the thing we remember ,anyway got
go figure out what i,m having for dinner . My least funny part of the day .
SUE :lol:
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Sue,

Rick was so brotherly when he was wearing the mousy brown hair which didn't fit his complexion at all. In spite of his weight, he still has that beautiful smile which is his best feature.

Had outside errands today and it was sprinkling this morning. Had a very full Monday, even forgot to go to my diet work-shop tonight. Will have Dr. Fred (dentist) send me the workshop by e-mail. I went folk dancing instead. I will miss the workshop next week :roll: since the 2nd Monday is my Bus Buddy dinner out. It is our Christmas exchange.

I live in a townhouse (2 floor) apartment so I don't have any yard work except in my courtyard.

I had a great Thanksgiving and hopefully an equally amazing Christmas dinner... not sure of my schedule right now.

Better get off since I have some more stuff dogs to prepare for tomorrow's dog stuffing day. Kay
REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

KAY
I am glad you had a good Thank giving . We do not have Thank giving here ,we do have the Xmas Dinner here .
Own Xmas fall in our Summer months ,so i tend to have a bigger lunch with left over for Xmas Dinner .
My dad comes home for Xmas lunch ,so he can return home early for bed .I think i get more tried than he does on this day .
Yes Rick has got better with age . But yes he and we all have weight issue ,i gave up dieting when I read a book By Lyn-Genet Recitas called The Plan made me understand my
body better . May be Kate might like to point this book out to him , less weight and less back pain .
I lost almost 6 kg so far got another 4 kg to go . I,ve lost more weight in the last 2 months ,than i did dieting and going to the Gym over the last 2 years .
I do not think all Rick weight is due to him begin fat ?
If Rick had a lot of operation over the years and taken a lot of pain medication it can make you look blotted .
I,m finding out that certain foods we eat that are said to be health and some unhealth foods can make your
body more react to chronic inflammation which increase in the body after the age of Forty -Two .
I think Rick eat,s some of these so called Health food . So i like Real food like butter ,chocolates ,and coffee and healthier food too ,and enjoy them too .
We are starting to see the start of busy season so i will be busy . I hate the lead up to Xmas ,but i love Xmas .
Sue :D