RDA@Auckland Armageddon, NZ

EileenR

Re: RDA@Auckland Armageddon, NZ

Post by EileenR »

We went along to the Expo on the Sunday (2nd day) and had such a great time! The day started with a screening of the first SG-1 episode which was fabulous to see on a big screen, seated amongst fellow fans. It's one thing to enjoy a show in the quiet of your lounge room, but sharing it with at least 100 other people who cheer at the first sight of Jack, boo appropriately at the bad guys and applaud the end credits is just a fabulous experience.

The RDA panel was really great and I can't believe how quickly the hour passed. The audience caught sight of him entering the auditorium before he was properly introduced and began to cheer and applaud. He was super friendly and really patient with all the questions, some of which he must get asked all the time, but you wouldn't know it from the way he answered. He also got to play around with the fact that he could only just understand us, from our accents.

The line for the photo was long but nobody really seemed to mind - we knew it was worth the wait. I went with a couple of friends and got a picture I'll always treasure. I'd post it, but there's this chickie in it grinning like an idiot which ruins it ;) He was here for panels, photos and autographs for all three days which is an amazing effort and I'm so grateful at the opportunity to see him.

Some of the interviews they did here didn't show us off in a great light, but it's my hope that with all his experience they didn't affect his visit. We're not exactly known for our cracking teams of journalists.....but we make up for it with Hobbits. And I hope when actors return exhausted and drained from these trips, especially so far from home that they realise how much better they made somebodies world for just a little moment and it makes it all worthwhile.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Thank you for posting your story Eileen!!!! You're so Lucky you've met him can't wait to see the photo!!! Glad you've joined our cozy family! !! Welcome! !
Lots of love,

Lies

REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL

Post by REAL-DRAMA-ANGEL »

Your words where spot-on ;) We could pass each other on that day .
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Hi Eileen. That was a nice report to read from RDA's appearance at the Armagedon Con. First, let me tell you how lucky you were having the chance to meet him in person. Yes, we know how friendly he is and so kind with everybody. That's one of the things that make him even more sweet and adorable. And I believe he had wonderful time in your country, despite the tiredness and his heavy schedule. And I agree about what you say, that Rick probably knows how much more beautiful he made somebodies world with his special presence. He brightens our life every single day, and I can understand the feeling being among so many people and sharing all together the excitement and love for him. Watching him on a big screen, and you hear the cheers and applauds, it's something more than wonderful. It's just a great feeling. And definitely that photo you have with him, it is something to treasure forever. An experience of a life time. It would be nice if you posted it here, if you want. Thank you for sharing your amazing experience, and WELCOME to our wonderful family. Hope you enjoy your time here as much as we do.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

EileenR wrote:We went along to the Expo on the Sunday (2nd day) and had such a great time! The day started with a screening of the first SG-1 episode which was fabulous to see on a big screen, seated amongst fellow fans. It's one thing to enjoy a show in the quiet of your lounge room, but sharing it with at least 100 other people who cheer at the first sight of Jack, boo appropriately at the bad guys and applaud the end credits is just a fabulous experience.

The RDA panel was really great and I can't believe how quickly the hour passed. The audience caught sight of him entering the auditorium before he was properly introduced and began to cheer and applaud. He was super friendly and really patient with all the questions, some of which he must get asked all the time, but you wouldn't know it from the way he answered. He also got to play around with the fact that he could only just understand us, from our accents.

The line for the photo was long but nobody really seemed to mind - we knew it was worth the wait. I went with a couple of friends and got a picture I'll always treasure. I'd post it, but there's this chickie in it grinning like an idiot which ruins it ;) He was here for panels, photos and autographs for all three days which is an amazing effort and I'm so grateful at the opportunity to see him.

Some of the interviews they did here didn't show us off in a great light, but it's my hope that with all his experience they didn't affect his visit. We're not exactly known for our cracking teams of journalists.....but we make up for it with Hobbits. And I hope when actors return exhausted and drained from these trips, especially so far from home that they realise how much better they made somebodies world for just a little moment and it makes it all worthwhile.
Thank you Eileen for your wonderful account of your time at the New Zealand Armageddon expo! It conveyed your enjoyment of the time spent there very very well...I could "feel" your excitement! That HAD to be wonderful - all of it, but especially seeing RDA on the big screen and hearing the audience cheer for him so much...and then your being in line and able to meet him and get a signed picture of him....again, how wonderful! His kindness and love of his fans is evident and I know you and all the fans who were there will never forget that experience!

I join others in saying how much we appreciate your retelling of this event and how welcome you are here. See you around the forum! :D :D :D
B
EileenR

Post by EileenR »

Here's the pic. Rest assured we don't have to talk about the bad hair day I was having...I've had that conversation with myself many times since this was taken. I suspect a lot of these fan photos would be infinitely better if the fans weren't in them ;)

As a side note, as if he wasn't awesome enough already - I thought his t-shirt was fantastic!

Thanks for making me feel so welcome here. It's a little daunting joining a board like this, with so many well developed friendships but I'll try not to do anything too silly or foolish, but now's probably a good time to tell you that I'm a rather silly, foolish person. But I'll do my best :geek:

Caty

Post by Caty »

EileenR wrote:Here's the pic. Rest assured we don't have to talk about the bad hair day I was having...I've had that conversation with myself many times since this was taken. I suspect a lot of these fan photos would be infinitely better if the fans weren't in them ;)
Bad hair day? I can't see it! It's a beautiful pic, enjoy it and enjoy your memory of Rick :)
In fact, I like your hair, thank god you never saw my hair than you know what "bad hair" really looks like :lol: :lol:
EileenR wrote: Thanks for making me feel so welcome here. It's a little daunting joining a board like this, with so many well developed friendships but I'll try not to do anything too silly or foolish, but now's probably a good time to tell you that I'm a rather silly, foolish person. But I'll do my best :geek:
You can find friendship here too, why not? All the people here have warm hearts and they welcome everyone, who loves Rick. Even me with my bad english, and after joining this wonderful website for a few years it became a lot better (I hope ;) ).
Nobody cares if you are foolish, sometime everybody needs to be foolish! And if you act silly and foolish you will have a lot of fun in your life :D
I guess, I'm jealous of you ;)
Many days I come here to lighten up my mind after trouble at work and somewhere else, I need the THUNK-thread like the air I'm breathing.
If there would be a little room for foolishness and silly acting my life would be a lot easier ... and I wouldn't have so much wrinkles ;) :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you for sharing EileenR . You look so happy , that's the ' RDA experience ' I presume :) I know the feeling ;)

V
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

EileenR wrote:
Thanks for making me feel so welcome here. It's a little daunting joining a board like this, with so many well developed friendships but I'll try not to do anything too silly or foolish, but now's probably a good time to tell you that I'm a rather silly, foolish person. But I'll do my best :geek:
You are not silly Eileen... :D
When we love, we are never silly! ;) :oops:

Richard makes us happy by his kindness and his adorable personality, since long time ago and forever.
Here, are a lot of people with loving and friendly thoughts.

I'm new in this forum, as you, and I feel good (sorry for my bad English, I'm from France).
It's as a little family here with joy and respect, to image of our adored Richard :oops:
EileenR

Post by EileenR »

Caty wrote:In fact, I like your hair, thank god you never saw my hair than you know what "bad hair" really looks like :lol: :lol:
I actually cut it quite short last week, in preparation for Summer and now I look like a mad scientist ;)

You're all so lovely, thank you!