Gateworld

katann69

Gateworld

Post by katann69 »

This is a really cool site to look at to get recap on all the stargate sg1 and movies here! Did you know there were possibly 2 more movies after Continuum that got tabled because MGM decided not to do the filming. Kay

GateWorld - Stargate Movies - GateWorld | Your Complete Guide ...
www.gateworld.net/movies Cached
The Web's most complete, most updated Stargate news and reference guide! The most up-to-date Stargate news, episode summaries and in-depth analyses, plus spoilers and ...
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Re: Gateworld

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you katann69 for the link "Gateworld". It is very interesting. I didn't know there was supposed to be a third Stargate movie, with the title "Revolution" that it was in the works, after MGM's decision to go ahead with the production of the movie. But what it really impressed me and made me jump off my chair (at least in the beginning when I first read that, but soon after it ended up in disappointment, since I don't think there will be such a movie). Anyway, I was so happy to read that "Revolution" it's a Stargate story that "brings O"Neill back in a big way" according to the writer's words. And also I read this "There's a dinner scene in the first draft of Stargate Revolution that made it pretty clear that Jack and Sam were, in fact, together" (These were the words of the executive producer Joseph Mallozzi in a post at his blog).
That would be the best Stargate movie ever. Imagine the original SG-1 team back in action, and most importantly to watch our beloved Jack to lead the way, and probably we would have seen, at last, as most of the fans have desired and wished, the romance between Jack and Sam and finally see them together. That, would be all great,IF they will ever release the movie. Wishful thinking. But I'll keep my fingers crossed, you never know how it may turn out. Thank you for sharing the link.
katann69

Post by katann69 »

You're very welcome. I think it was the studio's issue being the 'money' which shut things down. I think the show would still be running if Richard hadn't left the show as he is the sole reason it lasted those 8 years. When he came back 2 years later, it was running low on viewers and he couldn't get it jump started back up. That is how I look at it. K
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

I totally agree with you.
katann69

Post by katann69 »

I had asked Kate R. a question regarding reprising his role as Jack O'Neill for that one 'shelved' film if he was willing to finance it and here is her answer:

Hi Kay,

Do you think Rick is willing to put up the money to do the last Stargate film (about Jack O'Neill's life)? That was the one MGM shelved saying they weren't doing it. MGM has the set ... why not?

I don't think it's quite that simple. The project was shelved by MGM, but financing was not the only reason. I haven't heard RDA say anything about longing to play O'Neill enough to try to finance it on his own. I do think he might appreciate an opportunity for a new acting challenge at some point, though.

Best wishes, Kate
Richard Dean Anderson Website
http://rdanderson.com/
Caty

Post by Caty »

As much as I would love that "Revolution" movie, my guess is, that Rick left O'Neill behind.
It's so many years ago, that he played it. MGM sold all the Stargate-stuff, they have to create everything new.
And you are so right, with Rick "Stargate" would have lasted much longer. Do you ever watch the episodes of season 9 or 10?
I don't, except "Avalon", "200" and "The Shroud" ;)

But who knows, Rick also played MacGyver again, only a few years ago, so why not O'Neill?
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Honestly, if Rick is in season 9 or 10... yes! If no, most likely not, but when I get tired of watching the same episodes with Rick in it, I might some day check it out. K