This gift would make RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON very happy :)

DUCKY

This gift would make RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON very happy :)

Post by DUCKY »

Hi Everyone,

Richard Dean Anderson has said on several public occasions and also mentioned on twitter that he would really like it if 'LEGEND' came out on DVD.

It could be a birthday gift although it might take a little longer then until his birthday to make it happen but I'm sure he would appreciate the thought. :)

It would make us happy too. :)

Now I know letters and emails have been sent to Paramount and calls have been made.

However it has never been done as a group effort on a really big scale. I'm talking huge.

First of all, if everyone who would like 'LEGEND on DVD and wants to give RDA a great gift would send one email to Paramount it's cool, but way better would be an email once per week until you receive a real answer (non-automatic) from Paramount. ;)

This is not to annoy the people at Paramount Studio but to make sure it really registers on their radar that people would like the series 'LEGEND on DVD. Regardless if it only ran for one season.

Secondly, go this website underneath, register and vote for Legend. The studios check the website when considering what to release. People voted for 'LEGEND' in past but a little more than 900 is only a start. We need 10.000!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/votingfaq.cfm

It's all about money. Paramount thinks it only lasted for a season, ergo not many people will be interested, so no DVDs.

I mentioned in my email that it would be great if Paramount would release a special 'LEGEND/MACGYVER' edition on DVD. Legend the show, including any special footage they might have on both shows. Just like those special editions with three different movies of Harrison Ford in one set.

I also reminded them that 'LEGEND' premiered on April 18, 1995, so it could be a special 20th anniversary edition.

We have to convince them there are enough former viewers/now costumers that would gladly buy the DVD set.

Thirdly get families, friends and whoever is interested on board.

And we shouldn't stop at emails but tweet, facebook and send postcards that maybe say 'Hi my name is so and so I'm from so and so and I would love to own 'LEGEND' on DVD'

Here is all you need:

Paramount Pictures

Email address: phe_customerservice@paramount.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParamountPics @ParamountPics

https://www.facebook.com/Paramount

Address: Paramount Pictures
Chairman & CEO
Brad Grey
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood CA, 90038

If you are not sure what to write you can email me under Roaring.Ducky@gmail.com and I can forward you my email as an example.

Let's make it happen for him :)

DUCKY
Last edited by DUCKY on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
'LEGEND' will be out on DVD. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen. :)

tvero80

Re: A gift that would make RDA really happy :)

Post by tvero80 »

Great idea Ducky.Thanks for suggesting.

V
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

LOVE IT !!! :D
DUCKY

Re: This gift would make RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON very happ

Post by DUCKY »

Thanks, ladies.

Glad you like idea and are on board.

Hope you already sent your email for this week or work on it. :D

Don't forget to tweet and facebook and it would be really good if you could send a postcard.

Please tell anyone you know, who likes RDA and is not on the forum, about it.

If we all work together and stick with it, we will make it happen :)

:D

DUCKY
Last edited by DUCKY on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
'LEGEND' will be out on DVD. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen. :)

Kti

Post by Kti »

Just try it in my own words.
I've never watching Legend on TV,only on youtube. Was Legend on german TV??!

It's one of his personal wishes. I think with our wishes we've to withhold! RDA wouldn't like it if we gets headach about thinking his next birthday.
Thank's for your inspiration DUCKY... we're on the right way, so I think...
Last edited by Kti on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bftlovesRDA

Re: A gift that would make RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON really happ

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Count me in. Great idea and great information - thanks, Ducky. Together, as you say, we can make this happen! People could private message others on this forum to ask them to check this out.....if that's not too annoying. Whatever you all think is fine by me.
B
DUCKY

Post by DUCKY »

Thanks for your support Kti and B.

People here on the forum come because they like Richard Dean Anderson so I'm sure the 'Richard Dean Anderson' part is checked out by every member at least once in while. :) That said if you know someone who hasn't been here for a while, go for it.

What's really important though, if you know RDA fans who are not on the forum, spread the news. Twitter, Facebook etc.

Use all your social medias and please sent letters or postcards to Paramount as well. High tech communication is great but old style slow mail is an eye catcher these days.

Get your families and friends involved.

I met my two best friends here on the forum years ago. They are not on it anymore but one of them asked me at once after I suggested to contact Paramount to her, if I had posted my idea on the forum and I said I will now and then I did.

This forum has "only" 126 members, ergo most of the people who like Richard Dean Anderson are not on it, so please help to let them know. :)

Thanks

Ducky

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Just got the automatic reply from paramount that they've recieved my mail, ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

DUCKY

Re: A gift that would make RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON very happy

Post by DUCKY »

Annelies, that's great.

I was wondering why I hadn't gotten an automatic response and was considering to send my email again from another email account of mine, thinking that maybe my email addy had ended in their junk folder or something

Then I checked my emails and found this.

Note: I took out my private email addy and my real name but underneath you can find my original email to Paramount.

And yeah, I admit, because former emails from other people as well as me and a petition had never received an answer, I had sent my email four times in three weeks. :oops: What can you do? 8-) ;)

I hope Richard Dean Anderson would understand and not be mad. He knows how the game of demand and money is played, so I think it should be fine.

From: CustomerService, PHE - Paramount [PHE_CustomerService@Paramount.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 4:49 PM
To: ...................................
Subject: RE: Please help us :)

Hello,

There are no plans to release “Legend” at this time. However we will take your suggestion under consideration.

Thank you,

Paramount Consumer Customer Service

Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:30 AM
To: CustomerService, PHE - Paramount
Subject: Please help us :)

Hi Paramount Customerservice-Team,

My name is ... and I really hope one of you can help us out here.

Paramount Studios has the rights to the series 'LEGEND' with Richard Dean Anderson in the leading role as Ernest Pratt/Nicodemus Legend.

While I know the series only lasted for one season a lot of viewers would like it if Paramount finally would release the show on DVD.

Richard Dean Anderson himself has said on several public occasions as well as on Twitter that he would be really happy if the show came out on DVD. He had enormous success as 'MACGYVER', therefore he brought Paramount a lot of money, so couldn't the studio do him and people who liked the show 'LEGEND' this favor?

Here have a look yourself what Richard Dean Anderson and people who like the show say.

https://twitter.com/andersonrdean/statu ... 5603329024

Emails and letters have been send and calls been made but unfortunately Paramount doesn't react nor does the studio at least answer on how long it might take.

Couldn't Paramount at least make a special edition of let's say 10.000 copies, please. I assure you people would buy it.

Especially after it took Paramount such a loooooooong time to release 'MACGYVER' and then it came without any special feature or behind the scene footage, finally releasing 'LEGEND' would be a nice gesture.

Are you deliberately trying to make viewers who like Richard Dean Anderson's work feel like second class audience? Because that's what it feels like since there were no special features and behind the scene footage on the 'MACGYVER' DVDs. Paramount has all that footage, why not give the former viewers/now costumers what they want? Any other series from the 80s has special features but not 'MACGYVER'?

People hoped when the MACGYVER movies where finally released separately that now there would be special features like interviews and behind the scene stuff included but it sadly didn't turn out that way.

Be nice, be smart and release a special 'LEGEND/MACGYVER' edition on DVD, Legend the show, including any special footage you might have on both shows.

There are special editions of three different Harrison Ford movies in one set and many other special editions like this.

It's time for a LEGEND/MACGYVER edition. Please.

Richard Dean Anderson's 65th birthday is on January 2015 and 'LEGEND' premiered on April 18, 1995.

So it would be a brilliant birthday gift for him and it could come out as 20th anniversary edition.

Make Richard Dean Anderson happy make a lot of people happy.

Thanks.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Now they might really take it under consideration right now or not. In any case this is the time where you folks should send emails, tweets and facebook messages and letters and postcards, until smoke comes out of your keyboards, and mailman for Paramount wants to retire. :lol:

Thanks for all your help.

DUCKY
Last edited by DUCKY on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anne

Re: This gift would make RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON very happy :)

Post by Anne »

I am in! Will start writing mails! Cool idea.