About me!

Stoneridge

About me!

Post by Stoneridge »

Hello everyone, I cannot see a thread which says about me therefore I'm creating one. I'm new here as you may have guessed allready......go figure, anyway a little about me. I'm female and very independant - not by choice though but by necessity. I live in Auckland, New Zealand and was born here so I am a Kiwi by all accounts 1st generation. I have the outdoors in my blood, my friends have called me MacGyver in the past and a few say that I should have been born with a tool belt instead of a make up kit, I find that a little offensive but at the same time I'm ok with it as I do have the logic to fix most things. Perhaps this comes from my upbringing of if you're going to do a job then get it right first time and do it yourself. I'm very DIY (do it yourself) inclined probably because of that. I adore animals and I am always surrounded by them, I don't have many these days but what I do have is a dog named Brandi, a cat called Gizmo and I use to have a cat named Gadget, I have five canaries and outside pond fish. I use to breed American Miniature horses and had a farm full of horses, sheep, chickens, Border Collies, aviary, ponds etc etc. I built my first ever house and held down three jobs while I was doing this alongside our horse breeding program and showing all over the country. Nowadays I can't really fathom how I held all of that together on my own, I must have had a screw loose or something of the sort. I do not have the farm anymore and now reside in suburbia, I'm not keen on it but that is the way it is. I am currently renovating my house albeit this time I am not enjoying it so much as previous ones - in case you're wondering, yep still very single, just myself and my fur babies. I learnt years ago how to shoe horses after spending freezing cold evenings at the paddock with my riding horses waiting for farriers to turn up which never eventuated so I found a Master Blacksmith and enlisted his help to teach me, I took lessons in truck driving so I could ferry my riding horses around and I will pretty much give anything a go. I love being outdoors, love snow, beaches, fishing etc. I use to love camping but I guess as you get older you tend to love home comforts more than ever and cherish these all the more. So that's a little bit about me. Would love to know of people who have met Richard and spoken to him, my feelings are that he is a really true and sincere person and completely untainted by his amazing successes in life.
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
bftlovesRDA

Re: About me!

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow - you are a very independent and skilled person in so many ways. Glad you are here....and shared about you!
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

:) welcome Stoneridge

Wow what a story!!!!! Glad to have you around!!
Lots of love,

Lies

Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

I feel really odd typing RDA because in NZ I use to spend all my free time doing voluntary work for RDA over here which is Riding for Disabled Association. Therefore typing out RDA for Richard is so weird for me, blast!
Clean/Green NZ
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Thank you for the kind words. I doubt I could do it all again but I sure would try. I've just been out and done something really naughty and purchased the entire MacGyver series......all those years, I'm going to re-live a bit of my youth. I have forsaken my grocery shopping to be able to afford these, but too bad he's way too yummy to pass up. I have my eye on a complete set of SG1 the entire series as well but I may have to put that one off for a while and rabbit away a bit of cash every now and then. I will get it though. He is so distinguished looking in the SG1 series as well. Cannot believe that I cannot meet him, I will stew over this dream come true but not happening for years to come. :cry:
Clean/Green NZ
Kti

Post by Kti »

Very poignant story. I wish you much strength for the tasks... and also from me a warm welcome.
There was a misunderstanding. I do not mean that it's already enough that RDA is in your or my country! The thought is already good. It's sad when he is nearby and you can't experience live :cry:. For whatever reason!
Hopefully MacGyver can comfort a little. Congratulations on this purchase :D.
Caty

Post by Caty »

Welcome, Stoneridge!

So we have a handywoman here :D I'm not unhandy myself but what you are doing! Amazing!
When I have something to do and don't know how, I'll ask you ;) :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Welcome Stoneridge :!:

Amazing, not many women are so independent :o
I'm glad to have you in our group. :D
Claudia
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Maybe not so much amazing, sometimes more like a curse. In the respect of everyone tells me that it is because of my so called talents and logic that I am not married. To clarify, I think men are afraid of having an equal so to speak, even though I lack male strength and require help sometimes. I have to draw the line at vehicles though - this is where my lady status kicks in because as far as I am concerned petrol goes in one end and I go in the other......that's basically it. I did however fix a truck of mine on the side of the road while it was loaded with our riding horses. It was so funny, my girlfriend was driving her car behind me as we had just had the ramp springs fixed on the truck and I had stopped a couple to times for a few minor issues (billy was an old truck) anyway I stopped just up a hill and around the corner, my girlfriend gets out if her car all fired up ready to give me a right royal ear bashing and I am sitting there behind the drivers wheel laughing my head off, after her statement of "for gods sake" I looked under the bonnet and the accelerator cable was snapped off, I promptly fixed this with a plastic and metal twist tie and we were once again on our way LOL. Looking back it was so hilarious, so many of my friends have called me "Lady MacGyver" my whole life, but to me all I do is logic and I cannot understand why anyone else cannot do stuff like that.
Clean/Green NZ
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Incidentally I have a few actual events that have happened to me over time if anyone is interested enough to hear them, surprisingly although I don't really have anything to do with vehicles these all seem to be horse and truck related. Providing you don't find me boring that is. :)
Clean/Green NZ