About me!

bftlovesRDA

Re: About me!

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I am sooooo sorry about your back! Here's hoping you can get help for it soon.
B
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Stoneridge wrote:Rick is an incredible man and I truly admire his stamina (expecially his stamina) amongst all of his other brilliant traits.
That's what I admire too, sometimes I wish I was so strong.

Thanks for your report about Armageddon. :D

I'm glad that you eventually decided to go, but I'm sorry to hear about your back pain. I hope you'll get better soon.
Claudia
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Thanks Claudia and B - Me too! I have to be ok next week come hell or high water because I'm moving and at this point in time I have a lot of furniture to move by myself. Not optional unfortunately!

The reason is because I have sold this:

And I have purchased this:

This is why I was missing for a while and somewhat extremely busy.
T
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Anywho I need to put a smiley story on here and I have just the one, it goes back a while but I can laugh about it now - finally!

Bailey’s (Oh God!)

There use to be a friend of ours who lived in Auckland but moved way up north quite some years ago. She was an absolute barrel of laughs and anybody who was in her presence was guaranteed to have a whale of a time, the light and life of any party be it small or large. She was originally a co-worker of my mothers but we all became really great friends very quickly. Cathy was from Scotland and had an awesome sense of humour, for some reason whenever we got together we would be crying with laughter and so would everybody around us, we were incredibly infectious in that regard. Cathy and my mother frequently enjoyed a bottle or two of Baileys Irish Cream – but not me, I don’t consume alcohol of any description, unfortunately I cannot even tolerate it in cooking as it does not agree with me and it will make me violently ill. Many people have asked me in the past – how can you even taste it in cooking as they don’t seem able to, I don’t so much taste it as I can feel it burning, hence I know it is or was there. Why it does that to me I have no idea but I gave up trying to consume any of it a long time ago. My take on it is that I have so much more fun people watching those who do indulge or partake in it, very interesting what you see and can learn. Albeit I was always chosen as the dedicated sober driver in my youth for anyone wanting or needing to be driven to parties etc.

My girlfriend and myself had a rather large horse show planned for one weekend which we were competing in. It wasn’t too far from home and I had decided to ask Cathy and my mother if they would like to meet us there and watch on the sidelines. We would transport our horses in old faithful Billy Bedford and as he had a side opening ramp they could both bring a deckchair and sit up high inside the horse box. They would get a really great grandstand view of the whole horse arena which we were competing in.

Little did I know that these two little scheming buggers (meaning in the nicest possible way) had decided that what would a horse show be without a tipple as they called it. I refer back to that day as a Baileys drinking binge and nothing more really.

It was a really hot summer’s day – my knowledge tells me that alcohol, a hot day and nothing to do but drink does not mix on any level.

Well Cathy and my mother made themselves quite comfy sitting inside Billy’s horse box and they even had a table with them that they set up and had an awesome view over the whole show grounds, you could see a lot from up there as Billy was really high off the ground.

It was not long before we were in the show ring and we could hear somebody yahooing and cheering someone on from the sidelines, to my horror it was those two! They were extremely merry and seemed to be having an absolute ball. I was mortified as I always prefer a low key lifestyle and existence. Karen and I looked at each other with horror on our faces; we didn’t dare go back to our truck and draw attention to ourselves in case somebody we knew noticed that they were with us! The whole situation went from bad to worse as Cathy and my mother consumed more Baileys and were well on their way to having their own private party in the back of our horse truck.

We tried to shush them and that didn’t work, well it did for a little while but not long. All you could hear was extremely loud laughter and banter. I swear to god that everybody was looking at our truck and wondering who on earth those two were and who they were with. Karen and I were so embarrassed and not prepared to go anywhere near our truck for fear of never living this one down.

We actually had to wait out the entire show until most of the competitors had left the grounds before we dared to attempt sneaking out of the show grounds. Looking back it was really funny, they were like a pair of naughty little kids having the time of their lives and whoa betide anyone who ventured near our truck as they would get a whole earshot of those two and their antics. To this day I have never let those two live this one down and I remind them when the opportunity arises of their obscene and crude behaviour that day. I firmly believe that they had completely lost control of all of their faculties. Any decorum, manners, etiquette or sanity had completely been well and truly abandoned that day and I never ever invited the two of them to another show together again!

Now it was funny, back then all Karen and I wanted to do was crawl under a rock and hide while strenuously denying any knowledge that we knew who on earth those women were. The people that did know our horse truck by sight never said a word to us about that day. I’m not sure if that was out of sympathy or disgust but we never brought the topic of that specific show day up in any conversation with anyone.

T
Clean/Green NZ
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny story :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like Baileys Irish Cream. Well, not an entire bottle. :)

You bought a beautiful house. :D I hope your back pain is getting better to face the moving. It will be a tough week. :roll:
Claudia
MysteryKnitter

Post by MysteryKnitter »

Stoneridge wrote:I feel really odd typing RDA because in NZ I use to spend all my free time doing voluntary work for RDA over here which is Riding for Disabled Association. Therefore typing out RDA for Richard is so weird for me, blast!
I understand. I would have misunderstood the letters completely. Someone should have told me they don't refer to The Man in that case.
Best: MK
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Just posting (rather pasting) here in the hope that all who wished me a Happy Birthday at Christmas time will see this -

OMG Thank you all so much. How did you all know? I must admit I have not been here since I got a few depressing comments about my real life stories and it somewhat put me off a fair bit from coming here. I never asked to be attacked, just wanted to share some "real life experiences" and hopefully give someone hope, courage or inspiration to attempt or do whatever they want to do in life and don't let anyone tell you that you can't as people have told me my whole life.
Tracy

Once again, THANK YOU all for the birthday wishes. My life has been somewhat taken from me in the past couple of months since moving out of Auckland. Another chapter begins I guess!

Keep safe everyone and cherish what you have!
Clean/Green NZ
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Glad your back!! ;)
Lots of love,

Lies