Just my two cents

tvero80

Re: Just my two cents

Post by tvero80 »

Annelies wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 pm And I really don't like the way the media brings it around here... they dont think about the people either.. just pouring and pouring info but I can imagine people are scared and hurt because of it.
+ fake news about remedies spread by crooks trying to take advantage of the confusion and lack of info ... :roll:
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Yes, here to... :?
Lots of love,

Lies

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Annelies wrote:
when it was announced that the first person here had the virus the first week people were almost crazy.. and no one is looking after each other, they go only for themselves.. That can make me angry. We are all in the same situation, I hope people can keep a bit of rest and patience and think about each other and share. Get enough but leave something for the others....
I totally agree - we are all in the same situation - throughout the world - and we MUST be considerate of others at this time as you say, getting enough but leaving something for others.....exactly right!

tvero80 wrote:
+ fake news about remedies spread by crooks trying to take advantage of the confusion and lack of info ..
Oh, I haven't seen that here yet - but am sure I will. So far, the news is all about the virus itself and that alone is causing some mass hysteria....although I was glad to see yesterday that my church was full - even though an email had been sent out telling the elderly who might have underlying conditions to "stay home". Some may have followed that advice, but I was surprised and glad to see that most did not.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Schools are closed over here in some "clusters" for a fortnight . Many events are cancelled / postponed . The soccer match between PSG and Dortmund may be played on Wednesday without any spectators … we say that globalization (= in that case easy trips all over the world ) is a good thing but then this happens … and let's face it we can't cope ( so far ...my two cents ).
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:29 pm Schools are closed over here in some "clusters" for a fortnight . Many events are cancelled / postponed . The soccer match between PSG and Dortmund may be played on Wednesday without any spectators … we say that globalization (= in that case easy trips all over the world ) is a good thing but then this happens … and let's face it we can't cope ( so far ...my two cents ).
Wow - that has not happened here yet (North Carolina) except I think perhaps in New York and/or in California. But I haven't heard about it if true.

Do you or Annelies know how many cases and deaths have occurred in your country due to this coronavirus?

I just read that in the US it's over 500 cases and 22 deaths so far.

Here is a good article that mentions France and several other countries such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Italy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/08/worl ... -news.html
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:15 pm Do you or Annelies know how many cases and deaths have occurred in your country due to this coronavirus?
Hi B,
just for few minuts :
Par La rédaction du Parisien
Le 9 mars 2020 à 07h03, modifié le 9 mars 2020 à 20h38
Près de 110 000 personnes sont contaminées dans le monde. La France compte, elle, 1412 cas.

over 110.000 people in the world, in France over 1.400 and 25 deaths. In my town Amiens 4 persons are touched.
Schools are closed, soccer or concerts are cancelled or reported.... But.... sunday, it is elections here... and no change for that...
It means that many people will go outside from their house, go to the town hall, touch paper and pencil and probably something else...But (I'm working in a town hall)... the elections will take place.... no danger for that... :( ;) :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

karinedauphin wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 pm
bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:15 pm Do you or Annelies know how many cases and deaths have occurred in your country due to this coronavirus?

over 110.000 people in the world, in France over 1.400 and 25 deaths. In my town Amiens 4 persons are touched.
Schools are closed, soccer or concerts are cancelled or reported.... But.... sunday, it is elections here... and no change for that...
It means that many people will go outside from their house, go to the town hall, touch paper and pencil and probably something else...But (I'm working in a town hall)... the elections will take place.... no danger for that... :( ;) :lol:
Hi, Karine,

Thanks for those statistics and that information. Schools are closed there too? Wow. Glad the elections will take place!
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Wow, what a development around the world.

We have now 300 people infected and 4 people died because of it.
Our premier told us today not to shake hands to contain it. And closed his speech with a handshake with a CEO of the healthservice 🙈 they both excused themselves and gave each other an elbowknock.From NOW on the Netherlands won't shake hands. it was so funny🤭
Lots of love,

Lies

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

but the "normal" influenza "grippe" in french killed 72 people since november....(348 died in 2018)
Le Parisien rappelle ainsi que l’an dernier, 2 à 6 millions de personnes ont « attrapé » la grippe
et qu’environ 8 100 décès estimés avaient été déplorés.
= means last year between 2 and 6 millions had been infected by the influenza and about 8.100 died...
so....
Just don't panic, be careful, watch the hands and enjoy the life.
Our politic are really good to do on purpose panic the people.

I hope you all are good ans safed everywhere.
Have a nice day
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I know karine, we talked about that.... media is bringing the news in their familiar way and people are reacting on it in their own crazy way 😉
I think around here we are quite realistic and I also hope everybody is good and safe..
Lots of love,

Lies