Just my two cents

Annelies

Re: Just my two cents

Post by Annelies »

Thank you so much😘😘😘

I just got everything delivered for a good chickensoup and healthy stuff for the rest of the days after... still having a raise, hope it stays that way today and doesn't become fever again.. just keeping calm.
Luckily I had a package of spaghetti in storage here, it's all sold out to..

Let's all keep calm and don't go with the flow..

Me and my daughters are playing the Sims at the moment so we can easily go outside (in the game) and have fun.. making the best of it..

We like playing all kind of games, board games to..
How is that with all of you?

Keep safe you all
Lots of love,

Lies

JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Annelies wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:00 am Hi Vicky, glad you joined us... wow the Northern lights, I hope you will see them. And congratulations with your 21 anniversary!!

Well, here I am, at home since yesterday, with the flu, fever ánd a sneeze and a cough. .(I also have hayfever.). Since 2 out of 3 symptoms matched I called healthcare and I have to stay home till 24 hours after all symptoms are gone.. a test wasn't necessary yet, unless things get worse, then I have to call again... So I listen wisely and stay home.. Thinking of all the people out there who have COVID 19... and everyone who is working on it...

And the people at the supermarket to...
Does anyone know why people are hoarding toilet paper? Its sold out through out the land!! Seriously, with a cold you should use soft paper handkerchiefs, not toilet paper I guess!!
Hope you are all okay and safe
Uh dear, get well soon <3
Why do people do unnecessary amounts? Good question. Maybe they are afraid that the supply chains will not work as usual, which is not untrue. Of course, it depends on where the goods are obtained from. We have placed orders (I work in retail) and it is sometimes delayed. But the main thing is it is delivered. Goods that are produced in their own country will not run out as long as production continues and delivery services work. But nobody knows what will come. Schools and daycare centers are now closed for 5 weeks and all events have been canceled. Some companies leave their employees free to choose whether they want to work or not, and many now work from home. I work in retail, have a lot of contact with people, and I'm still not afraid. However, I am also not in the risk group.
One day after the other!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

It’s really been a crazy day. Took a friend grocery shopping. She’s been working from home for two weeks after breaking an ankle. She thought she was going to get TP. I always buy bulk packages, and had just bought not too long ago, so I gave her three rolls. We found everything else.

But my worry right now is for Bentley, my mini schnauzer, who is in the doggie hospital with an infection following lipoma surgery (he had four egg size ones removed because they were interfering with his ability to walk). Poor fella. Looks like he’ll be fine, though, after a round of antibiotics and iv fluids. He’s finally eating again and taking care of business. I miss the little guy.

I’m really debating about going to church tomorrow. They’re taking extra care to clean and disinfect, but we have a large number of congregants that frequently travel internationally and others who have been on cruises within the last six weeks.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi GWhite,

That was so good that you would share your TP with your friend and would take her grocery shopping. It's that kind of unselfishness and kindness that is going to get us through this crisis.

Glad your mini-schnauzer is making progress but know you will be glad when he is home.

I was also debating whether or not to go to church tomorrow. But our Governor (North Carolina) banned all gatherings of 100 or more people. So our pastor was forced to say no Worship services tomorrow. He will be speaking online, however, at 11:10 AM EDT. If anyone would like to tune in and to hear a good message for such a time as this - they can go to: https://www.colonial.org/default.aspx?page=3559 at 11:10 AM tomorrow, Sunday, March 15, 2020.

Well take care, and God bless!

Oh, by the way, President Trump declared tomorrow as a National Day of Prayer for our homes, our communities, our states, our nation, and our world.

Here is part of his declaration:

As we unite in prayer, we are reminded that there is no burden too heavy for God to lift or for this country to bear with His help. Luke 1:37 promises that “For with God nothing shall be impossible,” and those words are just as true today as they have ever been. As one Nation under God, we are greater than the hardships we face, and through prayer and acts of compassion and love, we will rise to this challenge and emerge stronger and more united than ever before. May God bless each of you, and may God bless the United States of America.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim March 15, 2020, as a National Day of Prayer for All Americans Affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic and for our National Response Efforts. I urge Americans of all faiths and religious traditions and backgrounds to offer prayers for all those affected, including people who have suffered harm or lost loved ones.
B
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Hi bftlovesRDA and everyone!

Sharing TP seems a small thing to do, actually. Seems weird to me that people have cleared the shelves of it. I mentioned to our pastor that there might be something we could consider as a church to help with shortages - not money but maybe a temporary pantry of some kind. I’m not quite sure how we could make that work though.

Our church also live streams, so I’ll probably watch that.

I’m hoping to be able to pick Bentley up on Monday. My house just doesn’t feel right without my buddy.

Everyone be safe. Take proper care.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Thanks JK😘😘 I'm taking it very easy. I'm not afraid either, but it worries me a bit, everyone is in a riskgroup, when I hear the Italian prime minister....

GWhite,
I hope you can pick Bentley up tomorrow, I can imagine the home is empty right now.
Glad he is doing better.
And thank you for sharing, indeed like B said, thats the spirit we need at this moment.
Hope more people around the world are going to realize that..
Wise to stay home. Especially with so many people who are traveling. Pandora's clock often goes by in my mind lately.

Around here every meeting is closed for 100 people and more, I presume they will close the schools soon.. that would be wise...

Keep safe everyone!
Lots of love,

Lies

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

All the schools are closed here in France + cafés , restaurants, some shops too … they say we are not very disciplined and don't take the threat seriously … I don't know if it's true but no need to make us feel guilty if the virus spreads I think since the authorities don't seem to control anything (contradictory news /decisions, unclear orders ) .

By the way if someone has something (anything ;) ) less anxiety - provoking to say and wants to share , please feel free to do so . When I started that thread it was meant to deal with ANY topic ...
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

:lol: :lol:
Yes that would be great😁
You are right V, it slightly slips into the same topic over and over again... thank you
Lots of love,

Lies

Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

well B started it when she talked over animals. but i guess it needs more then just a few to participate. the world slowly goes nuts. that's the only thing I really agree on.
so change the topic for the question. what you guys do in your free time? apart from watching something with RDA 😊.

I will make a start. my free time I enjoy time with my dog. watching movies and study a course on the OU (open university of UK). how about you guys?
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Sounds great Jack(s)!! What kind of course do you follow??

When I don't have to puppysit in my free time, our 3 frogs take lots of time for caring, especially our blind girl wich we have to feed. We love to play board games, watching movies also and go outside to see nature.. We have a kind of MacGyverland here.... We grab our backpacks with lunch and can spend all day there.
Lots of love,

Lies