Just my two cents

JackGywer

Re: Just my two cents

Post by JackGywer »

So far there has only been one proven case in our area. The woman was on vacation in South Tyrol.I'm not afraid, and don't let me panic. I work in retail, I have a lot of contact with people every day and I certainly cannot disinfect my hands after every customer contact. Not feasible, especially not when you're dealing with money, which everyone has touched.
You can carry the virus and you don't even know it. Not everyone infected develops symptoms. But I think influenza is far more dangerous. Numerous deaths that nobody speaks about.
Just my thoughts!
Don't let the media drive you crazy and lead you to unnecessary piles of goods - people are a little crazy.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JackGywer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:03 am So far there has only been one proven case in our area. The woman was on vacation in South Tyrol.I'm not afraid, and don't let me panic. I work in retail, I have a lot of contact with people every day and I certainly cannot disinfect my hands after every customer contact. Not feasible, especially not when you're dealing with money, which everyone has touched.
You can carry the virus and you don't even know it. Not everyone infected develops symptoms. But I think influenza is far more dangerous. Numerous deaths that nobody speaks about.
Just my thoughts!
Don't let the media drive you crazy and lead you to unnecessary piles of goods - people are a little crazy.
Thanks, JK, for your "two cents" on this topic.

I agree - I'm not afraid either and am not panicking. North Carolina now has 7 people who have tested positive for this virus....so our Governor just declared a "state of emergency" here in North Carolina. I think that is a bit ridiculous. We had one school that has closed - but that is all. We have these big basketball games coming up in our state in the next two weeks and none of these have been cancelled.

People are just scared. As you say, the FLU is a lot more deadly and nobody is panicking about that!

Just my two cents.
B
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

We have two presumptive positive tests in OK, both people who returned from Italy. My sister works at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. I worry more about her, because there is constant movement in and out.

I agree with what’s been said - take proper precautions, hand washing, etc. I have friends around the world, but most are in the UK. I’m thinking about you all.

I am also concerned about the flu. I’m egg-reactive and can’t take the vaccine. I want everyone to vaccinate! It’s totally selfish on my part ;)

We are now doing toe taps and knee bumps at our church instead of shaking hands to share the peace of the Lord. Most people are doing fist bumps and elbow taps to greet each other in public. It does make me wonder why they tell people to cough into their elbow, then use their elbow for a tap!
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

It does make me wonder why they tell people to cough into their elbow, then use their elbow for a tap!
Well yes :lol: so true, that I didn't think of that before..

Don't let the media drive you crazy and lead you to unnecessary piles of goods - people are a little crazy
Totally agree with you JK
Lots of love,

Lies

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Well, I live in a neighborhood with mostly Senior Citizens. We meet for coffee and goodies on the 2nd Thursday morning of each month. I just got word that the person in charge of the coffee has cancelled it for this month due to concerns about spreading the virus. It's only a group of about 20 people but I guess due to an abundance of caution, they are cancelling it. Too bad.

On another subject, since RDA sent that photo of Wylie and the adorable lion cub (reminds me of the movie the Lion King....), I thought I would add my 2 cents about adorable animals. I don't have any pets but my sister has the cutest miniature Dachshund named Tito that you will ever see!

What about some other adorable animals that all of you either have or love?
B
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

i got a 3 yeah old Tibetan mastiff x malamute. the softest and cutest dog. very fluffy... a bit crazy and he knows what he wants. he definitely doesn't like to be ignored 😊. (maybe B can post a photo if my boy. his name is Juneau btw)
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Juneau is a beautiful dog - I hope you can see this photo of him:

B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:54 am Juneau is a beautiful dog - I hope you can see this photo of him:

cute

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Juneau is a beautiful dog - I hope you can see this photo of him:

Ooooooh, what a cuty....

I often have to look after my little "babybrother". I don't mind at all :D Armin is a Bordeaux dog and is 4 months old now.
Lots of love,

Lies

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thanks for sharing , ladies :) I have no pets … but one of my favorite animals is the ( so cute ) red panda: . So to follow B's discussion which started with RDA's latest update = red panda cub bottle feeding ( very short video don't worry ):
https://youtu.be/tWuu9D6l8ew