Email notifications working?

mac_jack_fangirl

Email notifications working?

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Is anyone else not getting their notifications of thread replies? I checked my settings and it says I'm subscribed. I haven't touched anything but I know forums can be hinky at times.

I thought things were quiet but then I realised that I've missed quite a few replies.
Annelies

Re: Email notifications working?

Post by Annelies »

Same thing for me!!! Thought it was quite but it wasn't.. Luckily!!! ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

mac_jack_fangirl

Good, I'm glad it's not just me. I can get Private Message notifications fine.

Please, others, tell me that you're also not getting notifications, if you're set up to get them.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Did you let Kate know already?? She noticed it to some time ago and asked us to send her a pm when the problem showed up..
I still have to ( although I'm sure she knows it by now ;) )
Lots of love,

Lies

mac_jack_fangirl

Yes, I sent her a PM.

I did some troubleshooting myself and it seems to have cleared up the issue for me. I use gmail but I get my email through Windows Live Mail email programme but I decided to log into gmail itself and saw that there were a whole bunch of the forum notifications stuck in my junk mail. I clicked the "not junk" button and bam, they came through.

It might be worth checking your junk email folders if the forum emails are all of a sudden being marked as "junk" by different email providers. What email do you use?
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

I'm getting mine regularly, once I got them whitelisted. One thing worth noting: if you get a notification, and you don't visit that forum or that thread, you will not get a new notification until you do.

A good trick to try, when troubleshooting, is to unsubscribe your notifications, log out, log back in, and re-subscribe.
mac_jack_fangirl

Yeah, everything was working fine with no problems... everything coming through like they were supposed and then they just stopped. I'm glad it all seems back to normal now.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:Yes, I sent her a PM.

I did some troubleshooting myself and it seems to have cleared up the issue for me. I use gmail but I get my email through Windows Live Mail email programme but I decided to log into gmail itself and saw that there were a whole bunch of the forum notifications stuck in my junk mail. I clicked the "not junk" button and bam, they came through.

It might be worth checking your junk email folders if the forum emails are all of a sudden being marked as "junk" by different email providers. What email do you use?
We can shake hands!!! Same emailprovider!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

mac_jack_fangirl

Annelies wrote:
mac_jack_fangirl wrote:Yes, I sent her a PM.

We can shake hands!!! Same emailprovider!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
woohoo!! :lol:
MysteryKnitter

Post by MysteryKnitter »

That works just fine in Finland, as much as I'm aware.
Best: MK