What were you doing five minutes ago?

tvero80

Re: What were you doing five minutes ago?

Post by tvero80 »

Just got back from the seaside. Next time,promised, we'll go and see the seals. I'm sure RDA would like that too :)
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Just cooked dinner for the family (there is 8 of us) chicken strips flavored with spices and olive oil, and potatoes cooked with spices and garlic. Yummy :)
With ice cream for dessert :)
Caty

Post by Caty »

I just came back from the hospital - another 2 weeks of sick-leave and still no physiotherapie :x
My arm HAS to get better soon, I'm not able to stand it much longer, sitting at home all day.
I want to go to work, I love my work! :(

But something was (almost) funny
when I visited my collegues at the institute, some told me that there were rumors, I wouldn't come back before September!!!
I wonder, who told them so. I didn't knew that ;)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Hold on Caty.
Caty

Post by Caty »

Thanks, Veronique, I will. :(
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Awwww, Caty, another 2 weeks? Well, I hope the time will go by fast for you. I'm sure you'll be back to work in no time :) Keep happy thoughts :D

Back on subject....

I just got home from work... wow it was a long day! A 12 hour work day, and its only Tuesday :roll:
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

Took out the recycling, while getting ready for the handyman to show up first thing tomorrow morning. There's always something to be fixed.

Now I have to get ready to go to work.

Caty, I hope you heal fast! September is a bit far off...
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Waiting in the swimming pool till the kids are done with swimming lessons, but time flies when you're having fun in a fantastic forum!!
Caty hope time will pass by very soon!! Thinking of you!
Lots of love,

Lies

MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Ow, Caty! My sympathies!

On my end, it's another week, another conference, another hotel! Last week, I was hanging out while my wife attended a conference for librarians. This week, she gets to hang out while I attend a conference for investment techies. I usually attend a couple of these events each year, but this is the first time she's been able to take time off and come with me. After years of living on opposite sides of the continent, it is SUCH a joy not to have to be separated! And we'll get a couple of days of free time in Chicago afterwards. The Art Institute is on the top of the list!

If my company wasn't paying for the hotel room, I would NEVER stay in one this fancy. But why, oh why, do posh hotels have such wimpy showers, no bathroom fans, and no counter space in the bathroom? Instead of a bathroom fan, there's a little sign on the bathroom window telling you that if you open it, bugs will fly in. WTF?
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

MacBeth wrote:If my company wasn't paying for the hotel room, I would NEVER stay in one this fancy. But why, oh why, do posh hotels have such wimpy showers, no bathroom fans, and no counter space in the bathroom? Instead of a bathroom fan, there's a little sign on the bathroom window telling you that if you open it, bugs will fly in. WTF?
Oh Beth, I sympathise .Let me tell you what happened to me yesterday (I know it wasn't five minutes ago but time flies just like the bugs ;) )We had a training course education /defense (with a French colonel by the way) in a museum about 60 miles away from here .We had to pay for everything (petrol/highway ticket) we had to bring our packed lunch which we ate on the floor because the restaurant was full of children visiting the museum .We stayed all day in a poorly lit ,very cold room on seats which were very hard because they were made of wood ... so you see Beth? I really do sympathise :) :) :)

V