Other favorite "older" TV shows?

pumuckl

Re: Other favorite "older" TV shows?

Post by pumuckl »

My favourite was and ist Mac Gyver.
But I also watched Hardcastle and Mc Cormick, Riptide, Magnum and Stingray, Columbo.
New series I like is Dr. House. ;)
I have the old and new series on DVD, so I can look it, if I want. :)
Best wishes to all of you from switzerland.
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

There are so many series I loved that I don't think I could remember all of them. Some of them were Star Trek and Star Trek:Voyager, Broken Arrow, Hardcastle and McCormick, The West Wing, House, Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore, and, of course, MacGyver. I'm just watching Stargate now on DVD and I love it.
And does anyone here knew the series of Carl Sagan "Cosmos"! The old one?
Caty, that show had a profound effect on me because of Carl Sagan's love of science and the way he taught it. I have loved astronomy ever since! :D

Barbara
Barbara
AmandaLee

Post by AmandaLee »

Alias Smith and Jones, Quantum Leap, Magnum PI, Dark Angel, of course MacGyver and Legend. Notice the theme of hot hunky men, hehehehe
--AmandaLee
Elo250GTO

Post by Elo250GTO »

I love little house on the prairie and dr quinn ☺️
MacGyver85

Post by MacGyver85 »

I also do not like watching modern tv shows! I am glad to have found this topic, thanks for starting it, CMac!
I enjoy Full House like Annelies, and I love Magnum PI, too! I was once asked what I thought would have happened if there had been a MacGyver/Magnum PI cross-over episode, and I just had to say that it would have been funny and a mess! They both would have gone at the situation in such different manners, with Mac trying to hold Magnum back and Magnum wishing that he could just get rid of MacGyver!
I am a big fan of all of the Star Trek series (yes, I am a trekkie).
Fellow Trekki here, too! Although I pretty much only watch the original series.
Of course, for me, there is Bonanza and Gunsmoke. I love those shows; they are so great.
As far as comedy goes, I already said I like Full House, and I also like Hogan's Heroes. And lots of old cartoons (Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, Woody Woodpecker, etc.).
OF COURSE I LIKE MACGYVER! ;)
I like a lot of old mystery/murder shows. I like Columbo and Diagnosis Murder (with Dick Van Dyke and his son, Barry). Lt. Columbo was just such an amazing character and a very intense show. Diagnosis Murder is also very intense sometimes (except the early seasons :lol: ), and I really enjoy watching Dick Van Dyke act together with his son (Barry played the homicide cop Steve Sloan while Dick played Steve's dad, the doctor, Mark Sloan).
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

I've been watching "The Virginian" on DVD's. There were many famous actors who were guest stars on the show and really made it a quality western. And James Drury was excellent as The Virginian. All that, combined with scripts that tackled issues of right and wrong, made it (for me, at least) one of the best westerns ever on TV.
Barbara