A fact about you

IndyStarkDeanJr

Re: A fact about you

Post by IndyStarkDeanJr »

Yeah, I choose the photo instead of the autograph, I couldn't really afford both and... So yeah, I've got a photo with Him and I watch it everyday and rely on the feelings, both emotional and physical, of the moment when I struggle with life.
Don't be jealous :3
I never thought it could happen to me and it did when life was really hard on me.
So, I hope you'll one day see Him too and have a quick but so real warm hug. I'm sure you will. I wish I could give you my place.

Well, I'm really good at English actually. It's just it's a new phone and the keyboard wasn't accepting my English words so it drove me crazy :lol:
I Macgyvered it and fixed it :D
I'm so useless with technologies most of the time tho...

Good night, don't know what time it is in your part of the world...
Go on with House !!!

IndyStarkDeanJr
Beata

Post by Beata »

Hi everyone,

Just found this topic, having a hard time navigating this site because it is so new to me, but I will get the hang of it. :D

I love animals, have 2 dogs and a cat. I am 61 years young, retired, worked 38 years of my life settled with Broadcasting for 32 of those years and it was a good career. I love my home, do some volunteering and enjoy singing in our church choir. Just met RDA in Toronto at the fan expo, but have been a fan of his since the 80's for both MacGyver and Stargate SG-1. Happy to be here and enjoying Kate's new updates. Really happy to know that RDA himself gives us some pics and notes, very fun.

Well that is more than just a singular fact, LOL, some of you I know from facebook.

Beata (pronounced be-ah-tah) LOL
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Monika

Post by Monika »

Beata wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:05 pm Hi everyone,

Just found this topic, having a hard time navigating this site because it is so new to me, but I will get the hang of it. :D

I love animals, have 2 dogs and a cat. I am 61 years young, retired, worked 38 years of my life settled with Broadcasting for 32 of those years and it was a good career. I love my home, do some volunteering and enjoy singing in our church choir. Just met RDA in Toronto at the fan expo, but have been a fan of his since the 80's for both MacGyver and Stargate SG-1. Happy to be here and enjoying Kate's new updates. Really happy to know that RDA himself gives us some pics and notes, very fun.

Well that is more than just a singular fact, LOL, some of you I know from facebook.

Beata (pronounced be-ah-tah) LOL
Dear Beata.
Thank you for contribution.
I find it difficult to find my way around here and to express myself.
I´m new here and my language is german.
You make me feel good because, I thought at 56 I was too old to admire and love RDA. :
Thanks from Monika
A Picture can not laugh like he does!!!
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beata and Monika,

Welcome to the rdanderson.com website and forum.

I have been here 4 years and have met and enjoy many friends here.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to meet RDA in person at one of his comicon events. But I LOVE reading about these events from those who have been able to attend them.

Hope you will not give up coming and posting your comments. They are very welcome.

Enjoy!
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Dear Beata.
Thank you for contribution.
I find it difficult to find my way around here and to express myself.
I´m new here and my language is german.
You make me feel good because, I thought at 56 I was too old to admire and love RDA. :
Thanks from Monika
A Picture can not laugh like he does!!!
Hi Monica, I am glad I could make you feel better. I don't think you are ever too old to admire someone and be a fan. When someone makes an impression on you in a good way it can never be underestimated. I live in the States, if you live in Germany will you be able to see him in the Netherlands? Your right his laugh is infectious.
love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

Unfortunately, I have not been able to meet RDA in person at one of his comicon events. But I LOVE reading about these events from those who have been able to attend them.

Hope you will not give up coming and posting your comments. They are very welcome.

Enjoy!
Hi bftlovesRDA,

Thank you for the welcome, wow 4 years is a long time, I wish I had know about this place sooner. I am glad to be here now. I hope you get a chance to meet him sometime, he is such a gentleman and kind person, I was so impressed to meet him, I always liked his characters and have seen many interviews with him on youtube.com and had a feeling he was a wonderful person. I won't give up coming around and posting.

love,
Beata
Monika

Post by Monika »

Beata wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:10 am

Enjoy!
Hi bftlovesRDA,

Thank you for the welcome, wow 4 years is a long time, I wish I had know about this place sooner. I am glad to be here now. I hope you get a chance to meet him sometime, he is such a gentleman and kind person, I was so impressed to meet him, I always liked his characters and have seen many interviews with him on youtube.com and had a feeling he was a wonderful person. I won't give up coming around and posting.

love,
Beata
Hello
Thank you all for the warm salutation.
But now we should all hope that Richard and his Family will soon be delivered from this nightmare!!!!!!!!!

Monika
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
AmigadeVenezuela

Post by AmigadeVenezuela »

Ny name is Emily. I was born in Gennesse county New York. I grew up on a small farm. I tended the sheep. We had 17 sheep. I speak English, Spanish, Portuguese and some German. I lived in Venezuela from September 1998 through April of 1999 and from June 2000 through April of 2002. Those were the best years of my life. Venezuela is my second home. I am in constant contact with the family I lived with. They consider me part of their family. The mother and father call me their daughter. Their children call me sister and their grandchildren call me aunt. They took care of me then. Now, it is my turn. Venezuela is going through a very difficult and sad situation. I have become very good at packing boxes of food, clothing, school supplies and toiletries. I take full advantage of the maximum weight allowed per box (70 pounds). I have sent 31 boxes this year.
I am a musician. I play bass guitar at an Hispanic church in Sevierville Tn. I have 3 cats: Tabitha, Addie and Wanze (German for bug). I had a cat named Zwolli. Also a German name. He died in April 2018.

I also am a quilter and seamstress.

I like reading and watching sci-fi. Currently I am reading Strange Gifts by Robert Silverberg.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Emily,

Welcome to the RDANDERSON.COM forum! You are very welcome here.

Wow = it sounds like you do so much - quite a variety of interests! Yes, I have read some about the tough times for the people in Venezuela. Thank you for sending those packages that bring hope and help to the people there.

I hope you are able to watch Stargate SG1. I only discovered that series a little over 4 years ago and love love love RDA in it. I already knew about him as MacGyver and loved him in that too. But I especially love him as Jack O'Neill in Stargate SG1. I hope you can get the videos of that series and can watch them all. It's 10 years of videos so that is a lot. And he was not in much of them during seasons 9 and 10. He stopped being in Stargate SG1 so he could raise his daughter Wylie. I especially love the relationship between "Jack" and "Sam"......a love between them that carried them through the entire series.

Well, I hope you will find your way around this wonderful website. You are now part of the RDA family here. Hope you will post your thoughts and comments .....they will be very much appreciated.

Take care, :D :D :D
B
AmigadeVenezuela

Post by AmigadeVenezuela »

Thanks for welcoming me to the site. :D I certainly keep busy. I even logged how many hours a week I spent packing boxes to send to Venezuela: 8-12 hours.

I was in college when SG1 first aired. I had my nose in a book 3 of those years and spent one in Venezuela through the University of Minnesota study abroad program. I did not watch TV at all that year. I explored Venezuela.

I did watch a few seasons of it. I found a place where the complete series is available. Now, I just have to get the money saved up. My friends in Venezuela need to eat. They come first. I did read how he took a smaller role in SG1 so he could spend more time with his daughter. I thought that's very sweet.

That's my homework: watch SG1 and find may around this website. :)
It may take me ten years to watch all 10 seasons. :D :D